It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney's subpoenaed e-mails missing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Cheney's subpoenaed e-mails missing

www.msnbc.msn.com

WASHINGTON - When Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald wanted to find out what was going on inside Vice President Dick Cheney's office, the prosecutor in the CIA leak probe made a logical move. He dropped a grand jury subpoena on the White House for all the relevant e-mail.

One problem: Even though White House computer technicians hunted high and low, an entire week's worth of e-mail from Cheney's office was missing. The week was Sept. 30, 2003, to Oct. 6, 2003, the opening days of the Justice Department's probe into whether anyone at the White House leaked the identity of CIA operative Valerie Plame.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I guess its not unbelievable.....these guys are so ridiculous its almost laughable. Criminals....that is all i can say.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
such scary robber-barons. I bet they get away with this to.............somehow they seem to be above the laws of the land.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
they have proved and they will continue to prove that they think they are above the law. I hope that someone nails them for something.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I think they have done plenty of things to get nailed on IF they were going to get nailed. Bush and Cheney's crimes go far above what Richard Nixon ever did IMHO.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
war mongers, crimes against humanity, lies to their people, possible 9-11.....the list goes on

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I am not holding my breath. I haven't seen anything that would suggest that they aren't in fact, above the law.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Par for course....more of the same old crap.

I seem to recall a time when hard copies existed of important things, just in case they are needed at a later date. Boy...I must be gettin old

Seems that technology is just another in a long line of excuses that have been prepared in advance to take care of all the fun little situations such as this.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So blatent if you ask me. I just don't get it. Clinton was "that close" to impeachment over adultery, which may be a "biblical sin", but not a crime. This is a crime (they are required by law to retain such emails) yet they do nothing. Everyday I feel less and less patriotic, I am beginning to really hate having to be an American. Hey Americans lets do something about this...talking with my mother the other night, she said we need to march to Washington and make demands like they did in the 60s over Vietnam. Who wants to start a million man march into the White House to yank the #ers out, I fear it is our only avenue at this point. Some may die, but hell, at this point I know I am willing to take the chance.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It may be time to switch gears with this cabal. Rather than focusing on impeachment, which doesn't seem to be imminent, it is time to put together a list of charges which can be levied against Bush, Cheney, Rove and a whole host of others. The March suggested can deliver the charges for probably 1,000s of crimes. It might make a good leave behind in talking points. Forget Washington investigating their own. How about filing civil and criminal charges in every state?

As regards to this latest story....we have one already. Dick Cheney you are hereby charged with:

Obstruction of Justice

Obstruction of justice is a criminal charge with a very broad definition. According to Yahoo! Reference, it refers to any interference of the administration and due process of law. This can take place during an investigation, as well as during a trial.

Anyone who knowingly interferes with the work of police officers, investigators, or government agencies can be charged. Someone can also be charged with obstruction of justice if they impair the efforts of a court trial. For example, threatening a juror or witness.

President Clinton was famously accused of obstruction of justice during the 1999 impeachment trial. The charge stated he attempted to "delay, impede, cover up and conceal evidence" in the Paula Jones sexual harassment lawsuit.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I am pretty sure that if we did that they would just get the SWAT team out there, start with tear gas, and it will bleed into the bean bag guns. Maybe even real guns if we got too out of hand. They dont give a crap about you or me, our kids, our future...nothing. They could care less about the American people. They have spent their time in office plotting and making moves to make thier rich friends and families more wealthy. They have sealed themselves in with the monetary elite for their families for generations. This is the worst administration ever, and its sickening.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
So I can't show proof of this, but I do know that when the RNC went around searching for an independent third party to perform this work, a proposal from one of the applicants was commented on...

"We don't want you to *actually* find the emails".

The company in question passed on the opportunity. Kudos to them.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me. I'm pretty sure that Bush/Cheney have/will successfully get away with whatever crimes that have been committed, and there will be no evidence to follow. Cheney especially has taken his power to heart by insisting that he is above the law.

We elected these people, so why can't we just fire them. Fire the president. Fire Congress. Fire the US Government and start over. If these corrupt leaches were to be fired for the stupid illegal crap they pull, then maybe it would teach the next in lines to take the office with honor and integrity.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
SWAT? More than likely, it's not like they wouldn't stop us! Prepared with armor, gas masks, and larger numbers we could do it. We would come armed too, you know, for self-defense. We don't want to hurt anybody. Why not rush the WH if we could and place the whole administration under citizens arrest and charge them with their crimes that Congress has refused to do? People will die in the revolution but I fear it is the only option left at this point. Oh #, now I will be labeled a "domestic terrorist". Good bye wife and kids, I am off to experience "extraordinary renditions", never to be heard from again. They been spewing that propaganda now too, claiming that a true concern is "domestic terrorism". Really? You think they are a little scared of us? Does their arrogant behavior not justify it? Many of us could die very soon because of their behavior, so I fully justify a coup at this point is self-defense and actually caring about my childrens' generation and lifetime too. Just wanna smack Bush every time I see that smirk on his face, such an arrogant bastard. Free speech is gone folks, for what I wrote above, they should kill me. Bless me, if you believe in such a thing.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Wow...was Jack Nickolson spot on when he said that people "just can't handle the truth"? From the look of things, I don't think we are ready to start the revolution just yet. We haven't "gone critical" yet, but we just get more time to prepare I suppose.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by percievedreality]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I would be interested to see what lights are turned on once they are out of office. not sure if anyone is going to have the guts to do anything, but I sure hope that they are held accountable for some of the criminal actions that they have committed.

top topics

join