It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Homeopathic Cure for Cancer - Genetic trait transference using a homeopathic process.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The below discovery in homeopathic experiments could allow survival traits to be transferred but also other traits too....think about it...

Genetic trait transference using a homeopathic process: A potentially novel discovery

January, 2007 Volume 7, No. 1

M. Sue Benford, Ph.D., R.N.
Abstract
This paper reports a potentially novel discovery pertaining to a method of transferring adaptive genetic traits from one organism to another via a homeopathic process. Two anti-cancer homeopathic nosode remedies were created representing different adaptive mutations. These remedies were used and evaluated independently in both humans and animals. Anecdotal and case study reports are provided for a remedy developed from the blood of a human donor with genes with a known familial predisposition to long life and anti-cancer mutation mtDNA C150. A second remedy was created from
the blood of a mutant mouse known to be cancer resistant. The latter remedy was tested in mice under controlled conditions at Wake Forest University. Results demonstrated that three of five of the experimental mice survived a single injection of 200,000 cultured sarcoma 180 (S180) cancer cells while one of the mice remained healthy after subsequent repeated injections with 2 and 2.5 million live cancer cells respectively. The author suggests that transference of actual genetic traits/information via
usage of the homeopathic process is a novel discovery with significant potential

This is a well studied application of new homeopathic remedies that well merits attention from anyone attempting to treat their cancer and by all homeopaths and oncologists in general.
………………………………………………………………

www.healthsalon.org...

[Mod Edit: The use of All Caps, and external quote tags added. Jak]

[edit on 27/2/08 by JAK]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

Well done! Exciting news indeed. Lets see where it goes from here. I somehow don't think that the health industry is going to take kindly to a "cure" for cancer - cancer makes them way to much money annually. The other problem of course is that if they are able to make a homeopathic ANTI-cancer agent then they will be able to make a homeopathic cancer-CAUSING agent. Scary!

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Hi

you seem to be pushing a lot of alternative treatments for cancer.

One of my friends has a website and she is constantly bombarded with marketing for various medical stuff.

Just wondering?

Are you marketing or just keenly interested in this kind of research?

I am pretty sure you were telling everyone about some other treatment a while ago.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I am not pushing anything.

Do you watch tv?

What about all those commercials pushing Big Pharma drugs which kill 240040 people a year from ADR.

Do you write to them?

Do you accuse them of pushing?

or is it double standards.

I am merely reporting on different methods of treatment as 566000 get killed by cancer in the USA every year.

When YOU get cancer I suggest you get plenty of chemo.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum

When YOU get cancer I suggest you get plenty of chemo.

Wow that is very nasty!

A simple "I am interested in this issue" would have been sufficient.

shame on you!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This is very interesting _thanks for posting it.

It seems to me that homoeopathy has been in the field of genetics since its inception,when Samuel Hahnemann postulated the existence of "miasms" or inherited disease toxins from ancestors.

While this was long dismissed by conventional science, this has suddenly become scientifically respectable and has given birth to a new branch of science called"epigenetics"

For instance a scientific study in Sweden showed that the health of children related to the diet of GRANDPARENTS .

Where homoeopathy leads others follow ( sometimes ,as in this instance, 200 years later.)

The research you quote refers to genetics rather than epigenetics, but we know that genes can be switched on or off,it is possible that the homoeopathic remedies are switching the affected genes off.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
While I have no personal experience with either treatment the OP's article is supporting, I feel there are a few quotes from the article that are rather telling:

The researchers found that cancer cell death was initiated by telomere erosion and completed through mitotic catastrophe events (Pathak et al., 2003)

This entire sentence, and I suspect others, as well, was plagiarized from the source they cited in parenthesis. Citing a source does not give license to plagiarize. If the author could not be bothered to summarize or rephrase information from a source, it's doubtful if any of the following research was original or thorough.

mtDNA is less protected from damage than nuclear DNA, and thus is more susceptible to mutations.

Not true. The fact that the mitochondria contain several copies of the genome make it less susceptible to mutation. This is the basis of mitochondrial ancestry testing. If the mitochondrial genome were constantly mutating, as the author of the article suggests, the haplogroups we know today would not exist, but would instead be millions splintered groups.

One theory is that the C150T mutation shifts the site at which mitochondrial DNA starts to replicate, thus allowing the individual to replace damaged molecules faster.

False. The c150t mutation restructure the origin of replication, it does not move it. If the origin were moved, it would interrupt normal gene transcription. The current, and apparently only, model of how this mutation benefits the individual is that it allows for tighter nuclear control of the mitochondrial genome.
Source

Also, the author feels that the fact three of five mice survived a seemingly lethal dose of cancerous cells is enough to claim success. However, there is no description of any genotyping being done on the mice. They give the species information, but did not perform genotype analysis, a common procedure when testing the efficacy of genetic treatment in an animal model.

This study was not performed under strict scientific conditions, nor does it provide any true insight into the true worth of these treatments.

top topics

join