It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penn & Teller - 9/11 Conspiracys

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This video really made me mad. I have believed in some different types of cover-ups involving 9/11 for a while. Penn & Teller however clearly do not believe the hype. Could all 9/11 conspiracy theorists just be nut jobs?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Of course not everything is a conspiracy, but people are nuts if they think that there was not a coverup in 911.

People that do not believe in conspiracy do not know human nature to well.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Penn & Teller have always been known for their blunt approach to everything and anything, Dispite what my opinion of 9/11 is people should never be allowed to lose their opinions, everyone is allowed an opinion even Penn & Teller, No matter how weird or disturbing it may be, it is still an opinion, it makes us who we are.

So next time Penn & Teller come to your home town to do a stage show in a place easy accessable, go see them take some eggs and let rip, will make you feel better..

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Penn and Teller are prety good stage magicians and illusionists, but they are far from able to discuss the 9-11 inside job. They will NEVER discuss the screaming evidence, such as powdered Towers and cores and molten steel that lasts for weeks, and all the other hundreds of ' inexplicable anomalies' that the official story drones never want to talk about.

It is as if a truck driver were giving medical advice; why should anyone believe a stage act over real investigators and solid proof? They should stick to fooling people in Vegas and not try and convince the rest of us that we are all wrong and they are right....no way. These guys are way over their heads and could be embarrased and humiliated easily if you could ever shut Penn's big mouth for a few minutes.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
penn and teller's smear job on conspiracy theorists was weak.
they are weak. especially the loud, fat one.
lame and annoying.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
Penn and Teller are prety good stage magicians and illusionists, but they are far from able to discuss the 9-11 inside job. They will NEVER discuss the screaming evidence, such as powdered Towers and cores and molten steel that lasts for weeks, and all the other hundreds of ' inexplicable anomalies' that the official story drones never want to talk about.

It is as if a truck driver were giving medical advice; why should anyone believe a stage act over real investigators and solid proof? They should stick to fooling people in Vegas and not try and convince the rest of us that we are all wrong and they are right....no way. These guys are way over their heads and could be embarrased and humiliated easily if you could ever shut Penn's big mouth for a few minutes.

I couldn't agree more with you on this topic. Just like Charlie Sheen should shut his mouth and stick to making B movies as he has no place ( according to your take on it ) voicing his opionion about something he couldn't possibly know about.

So in closing
If your not a doctor - dont give medical advice
If you don't have a recording contract - dont sing
If your not a structural enigneer - dont give an opinion about 9/11

When will this entire attitude of "I am right and don't care about your opinion" stop in this forum?

We all have a right to have an opinion - no matter how outlandish it is - you , me, Charlie Sheen and yes, even Penn and Teller!

hmmm....

Dorian Soran
The Good Doctor

[edit on 26-2-2008 by Dorian Soran]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
AFAIK Penn & Teller don't subscribe to ANY conspiracy theory. They toe the company line, Showtime's, just like Bill Maher does HBO's.

Questioning the official story about 9/11 is off limits for the MSM. It's way too dangerous.

Peace

[edit on 26-2-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by billybob

Well, on their side they had as a witness the head of the fire department nearest the World Trade Center, a political science expert, and a professor of fire science.

On your side of the arguement you have words like "fat", "lame", and "annoying". Aside from showing us your grasp of insulting adjectives, you've proven nothing.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

i watched it a long time ago.

sorry, but i have no patience for the type of smear job they did, so i'm not going to take the time it takes to rewatch it, take notes, and then pick it apart piece by piece.

sorry for the adjectives. it's just that the big, loud one is so smarmy and obnoxiously self-assured, ....like a used car salesman, and yet, offers NOTHING of substance. he only regurgitates official tripe.

they 'proved' nothing at all with their supposed 'debunking'.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'd just like to know how people feel about the smear campaign of Rosie O'Donnel, Charlie Shean and most of all Willy Nelson.

You know, the fat lesbian, drug-addict and pot smoker?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Dealing with 9/11 Madness

If you feel compelled to discredit those who espouse 9/11 conspiracies, promote 9/11 activism, engage in 9/11 conspiracy debunking, or tell their first-hand 9/11 stories, then do so with facts and reasoned analysis.

No one here has any issue with calling fat people fat or pot smokers drug-addicts. The point is you should actually have some sort of reasoned analysis behind the comments. Arguably smoking pot could get in the way of your reasoning, but your weight, sexual orientation, or the tone of your voice has nothing to do with a person's credability on 9/11 topics.

...and most of all Willy Nelson.
You know, the fat lesbian, drug-addict and pot smoker?

Willy Nelson is a lesbian? Even if he was, it would do nothing to address the issue of Penn & Teller ranting about 9/11 conspiracy theorist. Or perhaps this statement just strengthens their arguement.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Arguably smoking pot could get in the way of your reasoning,

Maybe right after you've smoked it. But, by this reasoning, Bill Cinton shouldn't be a reasonable guy right?

but your weight, sexual orientation, or the tone of your voice has nothing to do with a person's credability on 9/11 topics.

That was my point. It's ok to call Rosie a fat lesbian. It's ok to call Charlie Sheen a drug-addict. And it's ok to call Willy Nelson a pot-head. That is if you are a "debunker" around here.

But, dare we call Penn an obnoxious, fat, loud mouth and the place gets all abuzz about ad hominem attacks.

Willy Nelson is a lesbian? Even if he was, it would do nothing to address the issue of Penn & Teller ranting about 9/11 conspiracy theorist. Or perhaps this statement just strengthens their arguement.

Maybe re-read what I wrote.

The three adjectives are describing the three people I listed and in the same order.

Kind of like saying: The computer and car were black and green respectively.

Maybe I should have been more clear and said respectively?

Edit: I've been spelling hominem wrong all day.

[edit on 2/26/2008 by Griff]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
okay, dbates, i took the time, just for you.

on their side they have, "are 49.3% of people just "effin'" crazy"?, "a special type of ***hole"

"nobody can convince me" used AGAINST a conspiracy theorist who has obviouslt done his own research, and come to his own conclusion. meaning, he wasn't TOLD WHAT TO THINK, like penn and teller are attempting to do to the watcher. he doesn't "make any **** up".

Penn an Teller(coincidentally, the written and aural/oral traditions are invoked): "it's important to nip this bull**** paranoid fantasy in the bud before it takes root in the national consciousness"

really, soulpatch? why is it important to stop all these people from demanding EVIDENCE and PROOF? wasn't it you yourself that said in the seconds preceding this insult, that a good skeptic DEMANDS evidence? so, where is the proof that any of the official story is true? what, are you scared someone will mail you anthrax if you question it?

Penn an Teller(coincidentally, the written and aural/oral traditions are invoked): "we didn't land on the moon, this guy didn't kill JFK"

^^^^^lumping in unrelated strawmen^^^^^

and, 80% pr more of the american people don't believe the lone assassin story, so, who is his comment aimed at?

the "star witness" firemen? watched it on television and saw "what millions of americans saw", as opposed to what tens or hundreds of americans saw, ie. those who were there. when he arrived on the scene, "everything was covered with a half inch of this thick dust", or, in other words, the towers had already collapsed.

Penn an Teller(coincidentally, the written and aural/oral traditions are invoked) give advice: "if you ever see ANYONE carrying it", (the book, '911: painful questions'), "PUSH THEM DOWN THE STAIRS"

Penn an Teller(coincidentally, the written and aural/oral traditions are invoked): "did you do that hard hitting data research in your ***?"

in fact, it is not up to eric to ""prove" what DID happen, it was his self-appointed task to ask "painful questions". if a meteor crashes on my lawn, i don't need to chart its origins to 'prove' that it didn't hit my house. in other words, what DIDN'T happen and what DID are completely different fields of study, and although related, are not co-dependent.

star witness testimony: "i find it absolutely unbelievable that anyone in our government could have such a heinous or evil plot to strike their own people".

shouldn't penn and teller demand PROOF of this absolute unbelievability? or is their some OBVIOUS double standard at work?

Penn an Teller(coincidentally, the written and aural/oral traditions are invoked): "and then there's this ***hole". it seems epnn and teller cannot see conspiracy theory investigators as anything but fecal orifices. WEAK! "what do you want to bet he inherited the money?". where's your proof of that insinuation, penn and teller? just another drop from a spilled paint can of ad hominem insults used to colour the viewers impressions. "**** you, you ****in' ***hole", says the big one. good argument.

Penn an Teller(coincidentally, the written and aural/oral traditions are invoked) expert political scientist: "conspiracy theorists, like all sorts of theorists, take disparate facts, and put them all together, and what makes the conspiracy theorist a little different, is that they put them together in a way tinged with paranoia"

WELL, DUH!!! who wouldn't be scared when they realise the television is their enemy. i mean, television is EVERYWHERE, and it tells people what they think. just like:

Penn an Teller(coincidentally, the written and aural/oral traditions are invoked): "isn't it enough of a conspiracy, already? *insert rhetoric of official story here*"

there is NOTHING other than appeal to authority in that hit piece of "bull****".

and i'm supposed to be 'nice' to this insulting dirtbag!?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I know those are quotes by P&T, but let's be aware of the censor evasion please. You can break it down to it's most basic form and we'll still know what you're/they're saying.

Peace

[edit on 26-2-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Fantastic. That's the billybob I'm used to seeing.

Now I'll add that like you, I couldn't stand their lumping together the moon conspiracy, JFK, and 9/11 into a single subject. Plus I completely detest entertainers who decide that since they can act in a movie, tell jokes, or pose for Playboy that they would be great spokes-people for some cause. It's somewhat elitist for them to have that high an opinion of themselves.

Overall I thought Penn and Teller were entertaining, but not an asset to either side of the debate. They did a great job of picking on individual personalities to discredit the message. Something that we discourage here.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Reply to dbates:

I knew I liked you for a reason. Even though we disagree a lot, you are still a very reasonable person.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
the down side, of course, is that because they can make an elephant disappear(or whatever), more gullible people will believe that they always know when there is 'majic' and when things are 'real'. because they are wizards, they have wizard cachet.

luckily, there are many who can see through the BS.

check this guy out. he says everything i said. i honestly saw this afterwards, but i watched some of it, and he picked the EXACT same arguments against P&T's 'debunking' that i did.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by billybob]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran

Originally posted by eyewitness86

So in closing
If your not a doctor - dont give medical advice
If you don't have a recording contract - dont sing
If your not a structural enigneer - dont give an opinion about 9/11

[edit on 26-2-2008 by Dorian Soran]

Penn and Teller are magicians and illusionist—which makes them experts on visual illusions. Any 9/11 conspiracy would have to have a lot of this in order to pull it off. So by that fact an illusionist would be the best to examine how the trick was played.

Or it could be that its was a terrorist attack and illusion is the conspiracy theory.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   

billybob, AMEN!.

That episode alone caused me to stop liking Penn & Teller, along with the "big brother" episode.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Speaking of Big Brother, anyone remember the Team Satan t-shirt Penn Jilette was wearing in a TV interview some time ago? Aren't they the ones who claimed responsibility for the crop formations in England?

<<   2 >>

join