It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Terror Timeline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
There has been raging debates here on ATS as to whether or not the Bush Administration has used terror for political ends. Keith Olbermann did a report last Thursday Night that really does a nice job of putting everything into perspective.

It is a bit long but WELL worth the time. In the report - Olbermann does a great job of giving some perspective of the "Nexus of Terror and Politics".

Olbermann's Report

Read the Transcript

Olbermann Transcript:

OLBERMANN: In all candors, somebody could probably construct similar timeline connecting terror events to the phases of the moon. But also in all candors, after five years of this, it seems inarguable now. What we are told about terror and not told for security reasons has overlapped considerably with what we are told about terror and not told for political reasons.

Folks - if you still don't believe that Bush is using an iron fist of terror - PLEASE take a look at this video.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

I don't exactly get what you or the report is trying to say. Are you contending that every rise in threat level was done just for political purpose? Do you think that there was no information gathered that prompted the rise in level? Just because an attack doesn't occur doesn't mean the whole threat was fabricated, just that we detected it early enough to thwart it, albeit without catching someone. Does a burgler alarm going off always catch the burgler?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I think it is VERY interesting that the talk of the terror threats seem to really heat up around the times when it is politically advantageous. For example - terror threats ran rampant up until the 2004 elections and then mysteriously stopped. Terror threats also seem to pop up whenever Bush is trying to put through more "security" reform.

I don't deny for a MOMENT that there are people and organizations out there that want to kill Americans - but to exaggerate the threat whenever it is politically convenient really irks me. That is what the Bush Administration has done.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I would have to look more in detail but I am pretty sure there have been more threat announcements and increases than detailed in the report. I think the report could be cherry picking events to make them fit their hypothesis. Is there a website that chronicles every rise or Govt. announcement of a threat?

Also there would have to be a paper or electronic trail of evidence to link the WH to directly ordering the rise in threat level at those specific times and at the same time no data to back up the threat. To date, nothing of the sort has been found to the best of my knowledge.

Also that would imply that the Govt. would be intentionally withholding threats from the public until politically convenient, which if they actually occurred would be political suicide once it was found out they were withholding threats from the Americian people, post 9/11.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
www.dhs.gov...

This was last modified in June 2007, has there not been a threat increase since August of 2006?

I don't think the whole color threat level thing has really even worked, we have all for the most part become numb to it, unless it is specifically targeting the area we live or work in.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Thank you so much for bringing this Olbermann report to my attention. It's amazing how all the terror reports just happen to coincide with the White House diverting attention from or to issues they want in or out of the media spotlight. And the media laps it up and begs for more.

Keith Olbermann is an outstanding journalist who dares to report what others only whisper because of the of the blow back from the right wing neocon propaganda machine.

starred and flagged

[edit on 26-2-2008 by yankeerose]

new topics

top topics

join