It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea Monster or Hoax for Sale on EBay?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Okay, what in the heck is THIS? It was sold January 31st or so ... but, I'd still like to know what this is and if it's a hoax ... how did he get away with selling something not labeled as a hoax? Is it real or not? What IS it?!

cgi.ebay.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hi.

This is something like an object i once saw at the fair,in the freak show tent.
My friends and i almost died laughing when we saw it as it was obviously man made,as is this one.

Sorry,just a hoax.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If you look at all his auctions, he has several items like this one. And one of the keywords are Taxidermy. Think of it as art.

In fact, there was another guy doing the same thing there, not too long ago. Not sure if they're the same guy however.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Thank you both! I went back and checked his other sales as you suggested and can see it is a hoax - even if he claims "real".

It IS great ART though! Seems he should advertise it as such - "ART".

Well, thank you both!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Another "gaff"!

Boy, when it rains, it pours.....

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yeah, the rather static looking crab that was supposedly ready to tuck in to said 'sea monster' confirmed it as man made oddity.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Genus_Unknown

I hear ya!

*Plus*

That crab looked like it was cooked. Literally.

Crabs and lobsters, for the most part, are a bit darker in color, when they are alive. Lobsters will 'turn red' after they have been cooked.

Looks like someone used a 'cooked crab' as a prop, to make everyone think it was 'eating' off of the already faked sea creature.

(Edit to add) The size of the crab seems to be one that is indigenous with the 'deep sea'. Unless this poor sucker hitched a ride...I highly doubt that this is a 'real sea monster.

~Ducky~

[edit on 26-2-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I am surprised you couldnt tell this is fake.

Ask yourself this......would a mummified skeletal corpse still have eyes?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
jeez, I wonder what kind of person you would have to be to cut up monkeys and fish and glue them together to look human...

it blows my mind.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
That's seamystery he's an artist in taxidermy.
He does use real fish parts. He's been on Coast to Coast Radio when he had a life size Fiji Mermaid listed on Ebay. I believe it sold for quite a bit. Most of his buyers know they are not real. His ratings are 100% positive so his customers must be pleased.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by baconvein

Adding to what MountainStar said,

There are a few people that still make gaffs but for the most part they were made for side shows and carnivals years ago.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
LOL

i remember this artist. the fact that once again a florida sea "something" made it into ebay kinda throws me off this one. it is probably done by the same artist that did the merman and the farie that sold on ebay as well.

his method is to make the "artifact" and claim it real until it sells on ebay then he will release a video or post on his website how he made it using regular household items.

the fairie that he sold for about $300Pounds was made with dry leaves twigs chicken bones and a mini skeletal model kit. you can see the fairie here

and here is the proof that it was all a hoax. but some people still belive it was real

more proof here

this is the artist i was talking about that did the merman hoax in Florida and sold it on ebay here

i wouldnt be surprised if this is one of his new works or someone imitating his style

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If you want the very best in non taxidermy then you have to step up and pay for a Higley. The best of the best. He has a great Single-O showing system too.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Ah. Mr SeaMystery... One of those classics here in the Crypto forum. It's always fun to see his work pop up here. Personally I wouldn't call him an "artist", but each to his own.

Here is his première on ATS.

top topics

join