It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Defense Minister flags missile defence scheme

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Australian Defense Minister flags missile defence scheme

www.news.com.au

AUSTRALIA'S involvement in a global missile defence scheme is open for discussion, Defence Minister Joel Fitzgibbon says.

He rejected suggestions such a scheme, known as Son of Star Wars after a similar Ronald Reagan era plan, would hurt relations with China and Russia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
A damaging of relations between Australia and China would be bad for all involved.

There is no need to get involved is this global missile defense system as it serves us no purpose other than to make us a target to the largest Superpower in the world.

At the moment, Australians can rest assured that there arent any nukes pointed in their direction, but I believe this would change if we were part of the wests' Global Missile Shield.

CT

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Why would it be a bad thing? Because we will up set china? Oh let me guess the almighty $$$$$. So what. I am sick to death of us been so dam scared of upsetting china. I heard on the radio last week a lady telling a story of how china were cutting of the paws of panda bears she asked viewers to write a letter to the Chinese embassy “ but please don’t say any thing to up set them “ Give me break. Why is it other counties can upset us?. Were expected to not only bend over and take it up the rear, but also thank them for it. Are you 100% sure there are no nukes pointed at oz? That can change any minute. Then what? Oh, I Know we could always throw boomerangs and hope for the best.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Are nearly every country in this world except russia and china in nato, or something?

It sure seems like it sometimes.

top topics

join