It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop pushing for the end-times!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
if anyone here has not seen the movie "Merlin" with the guy from Jurassic Park, you should do so, yeah it's a little corny and yeah it was a made for TV movie, but I think it relates to this end of times change.

In the movie we have Queen Mab who rules over the world of the Fae (mysticism and what not) and the existance of this world relies solely on human beings accepting the existance of these creatures and their powers. It' is insteresting because Merlin meets a couple of mystical creatures (the lady of the lake for example) that rather than panic for their demise, they accept the coming change (due to christianity being introduced) and is quite happy with just being remembered in the legend of king arthur. In other words, she will become "immortal" in the pages of history.

Queen mab on the other hand doesn't want any of this, so at all costs she tries to manipulate Merlin at every path (kinda reminiscent of how supposedly the NWO tries to manipulate humanity) Of course Merlins gains some victories, but also some defeats. In the end however, it was interesting to see that the only way to defeat Queen Mab was not by sheer magic force, not even by necessarily ignoring her existence (they were very well aware of her existence of course). But rather, Merlin and the farmers who witnessed this battle simply decided to turn away from her and ignore her. When She pleaded, Merlin said something along the lines of "It's not that we don't believe you... it's just that... you're just not important to us anymore" and she faded away.

So, what does this all have to do with 2012 and the end of times? well simple, see the correlation. We are meant to accept that this world and this reality is "how it's supposed to be" when in reality it's just an illusion of reality. Heck check out the elections and you'll know what I mean. It's all just a big game. Me personally, I'm not sure how this will all end and how the change will happen. But I honestly still believe that, if we got rid of the big government (Queen Mab) and simply did our own thing and worked together as a community, undisturbed by the government, we would probably be better off.

See, we've been conditioned to believe that we "need" the government just as we've been conditioned to believe that we "need" the IRS and the Federal Reserve, when we all know this are just lies. When the colonists first stepped foot on this country, we could barely trust on england for crying out loud. The colonists had to band together as a community to survive, make their own crops etc. while they waited for the next boat with british goods to arrive. Heck, when this country was first born we still had little federal government influence (since it's kind of hard to send FBI agents from Washington to CA to investigate a murder if they're travelling by horse hah!) still communities were able to pull through together, relying on a small scale government that was REALLY governemed by the people of that community.

If we can go back to remembering how to become independent communities, and find a way to simply tell the politicians in washington "I'm sorry, it's just that... you're just not important anymore" then maybe, just maybe it will eventually fade away... either that or we'll have another civil war in our hands as the government will try to flex its muscle on these communities.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
no shock that human beings, rather than work towards trying to prevent the end of their existence, they sit there and complain about it to friends, and read more stuff that helps solidify their belief in the end coming near. we are a destructive race if you have not noticed. we were raised on death, in the sense that, most of you here can attest that your parents probably never sat you down and told you how to live, the mistakes they made, the vast world and people out there. you basically were raised believing that you work hard, get married, have kids, and die. so no, im not shocked when billions of people almost kinda want to die. they dont even know how to live. billions of lives dictated by social standards, RELIGION, politics, family heritage shyt, etc... we dont know how to live. im tryin my best to do what i can to come closer and closer to what we all really want.
the reason we sit in front of a tv for hours a day watching superheroes, or rich people livin it up and enjoying the good times, is to be free, to live free, to enjoy living, and live long. we all cant be that way, i would argue that, philosophically speaking, it would cause an imbalance, and no, the whole world cant "live".. but im just ranting.

im not shocked that people seem to be obsessed with end times. i think for many, it subconsciously is somewhat of a gratification that there is something bigger out there: aliens, god, etc... for some, i think they are just bored, and although they would not admit to it, but an end life scenario would be a must needed spark for their life. i think people are getting tired of the suit and tie, their religious restrictions, the corrupt politics, the poverty, the loneliness, etc..., and would like to bring back the rush of fighting for your life, fighting evil for the greater good, enjoying life without so many social, and religious restrictions, actually getting dirty, so to speak. sounds fantastical, but you ever asked yourself why you are fascinated with the certain things you are fascinated by? im sure many of you would love to trade the suit and tie for superhuman powers, and fighting large beast, and ogres, etc... you know, all that fantasy stuf. its in us, a forgotten memory of our existence, and people want it back it seems. maybe, thats just a random theory. but the most logical explanation, is that people are more aware of the world around them then ever before, and from the weather, to crime, to politics and more, it does seem that its reaching a boiling point. now couple that with the whole 2012 thing, and here in lies for most people, evidence of a coming end of times. could it be that it is coincidence that we have access to so much information now via the internet, and 2012 is the year where shyt hits the fan. maybe, and i say that, because it is funny that now as we realize that things are getting wilder, more ufo sightings, weather changes, war, etc.., we also have a supposed date of 2012. interesting. who knows

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
So many people, tin hat foils or not, know about 2012. I am not saying that they believe something will happen, but this date is now in our human collective conscience.
Why are so many people awaiting or simply interested in doomsday? The answer is simple. We realize that we need change, fundamental changes in our lives, in our society and civilization. The damage we do to the planet and each other is blatant, although many remain silent, deep inside we know something is not right and we are the cause for this.

Will something happen? Yes it will. Maybe not in 2012, maybe in 500 years? Death and destruction is a certainty.

Personally I do believe that something will happen very soon. not because I show keen interest on conspiracies, but because I was contacted and I saw.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
theres a lot of people out there saying, "what will you do if nothing happens?" or "go on about your life as if you read too many conspiracy theories."

I say to that, "what will you who dont believe, do, if/when it does happen?"

I think thats a more important question, as, if nothing happens, nothing happens, if something does, then you'll definitely be affected. Should it not then be your human nature to understand any possible impending such and such?

either way, its about preparing your mind and soul more so than your body, we've obviously got the body functions down pact, so now is the time to refine your inner spirits understanding of all things.
Its only doom and gloom if you still think that your physical body is the ultimate form of your existence in this/any reality.

and again, none of this is new, its the same things being taught by monks and sages for thousands and thousands of years.
We who are plagued by the "americanized" (modernized) way of thinking (not everyone, a lot of people really do understand how far we have come to be so low) are the only people making any fuss about the 2012 issue, on either side, believing or not. the fact that we are disputing it with each other, proves what the mighty sages and monks were teaching in the first place.
its all so beautifully funny.

Lets put it this way:
if nothing happens for 2012, no one really suffers any more than they already are; believers and non believers.
If something does, who then would be the ones suffering; those who took precautionary measures (mentally/spiritually), or those who ignored it and just unpaused the X box?

we WILL see

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The human pool needs a bit of chlorine right about now, wouldnt you say folks?

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Harman,

Fantastic post. This is my first post on ATS and it was going to be on Ascension Process www.abovetopsecret.com... and not this but I never got round to it even though I though it was brilliant and thought provoking.

I left school with no qualifications at all and started cleaning to earn a living and longingly wished for the end-times to happen due to being unfulfilled, lonely, negative and generally dispondent. Until a friend mentioned that he'd read a book called The Celestine Prophecy. Cheesy though it was [I can almost hear the groans around the globe as they read this post] but it kicked me up the arse to take responsibility for the way I was feeling and started to look for ways in which to improve my life. I took a self-study electronics course, passed a few tests and grew a passion for learning. This was no mean feat as I was barely literate. I now have a good job and a fantastic wife and kids who I love dearly [I think I'm starting to sound like a glossy add for a pyramid selling scheme.] If I thought I'd brought kids into this world to face death and destruction, I'd never sleep again. However, I'm not saying I'm jumping around for joy or anything but I truly know the power of positive thoughts and visualisation.

A short while ago, my wife took the kids away for a short break and left me in the house with the computer and my imagination - guess what, it wasn't long before the old gremlins were crawling around my brain again. I went from the 9/11 sites to truthism.com and then here to look for something to fill the gaps left in my day. Well, it wasn't long before I was sleeping with the lamp on with the fear that I’d wake up with an alien sitting on me belly...
[just lost all credibility - I know]

To cut the rambling short, what I'm trying to say is that IMHO I believe that it's up to us, to manifest the kind of future we desire for our kids and grandkids with a positive altruistic outlook and behaviour. It's all too easy to sit back and will the end of the world whilst meditating to ascend to something better. The imagination is a powerful beast, let it off it's leash and it'll return to bite your arse!

Hope I’ve not ‘alienated’ anybody.

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
well I think Jimmy1200 got it pretty close. most people are boared and just look for something to do. people have to look at the facts for theirself and make their own decision. its easy to get all involved with the subject. i dont know about 2012 but i do feel the world is headed in a bad direction, RFID chips mark of the beast seems to me like its getting closer ever day, some people already have these implants as well as animals. to me thats scary. nwo, martial law in usa well that too is optional and scary,bush has passed some executive orders that would really help that along. food shortages in coming months is a possability, that too is scary. my main point is keep an open mind prepare as much as possible, stock up on caned foods a little at a time, stock up on ammo, dont go off the deep ens and move to a cave, just yet any way, but have a plan! if nothing happens oh well you got lots of bullets and food and supplies, if it does well you are sitting better than your closed minded neighbor, then its ever man for himself. prepare, plan, open mind, just dont go overboard.. times are changing the past is over and the future is not set-

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspended

Thanks, and i know what you mean with the gremlins scurrying inside of your head btw. I still know the near constant panic i was in when i first discovered all those conspiracies hopping around on the internet

That was 6 or 7 years ago and i still believe in them but it doesn't scare me anymore. Keep on having the good life i would say, stay on the positive side of things but i hate to say it, it doesn't hurt to take the bad stuff into account. Just remember if everything does go to hell in a handbag there is more than just this ball of mud and this delusional-reality.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Harman]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
In addition, it's amazing how things start to synchronise when you become more positive again. Just after my last post, I came across this one: www.abovetopsecret.com... a highly recommended read.

Who knows, maybe I was meant to fall down a hole to go through this process and post the above link.

Take care.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspended

That link is in the opening-post
. But yeah, great thread for sure.

I was thinking btw. IF there really is a 'dark-side' in this story i think it is more likely it's the Big-wigs of hollywood, those guys sparking our imagination, steering our moral compass with amazing movies, planting the seeds of their worldview in us through the screen, this in concert with the rest of the media. But that is a chicken egg story. Who is following who? Is the public following the movietrends or are the movietrends following the public? Is it something that is shifting maybe, the public getting smarter? Since internet the consciousness is broadening ofcourse, more ideas not promoted by any big coorporation is getting hold of us. Good and bad stuff ofcourse.

Ah well, it's a brainfart, do with it what you want

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

what did you see? please share

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
It's amazing to me how many people actually not only believe in an end-time coming soon but want it.

I've been trying to ask myself why I want it and I really don't have an answer, but many answers.

I think one of them is a desire for real freedom, something that none of us truly have and something I realized only after I had more of my freedoms stripped from me (my own choosing; those who value freedoms, do not join the military). But even before that, I have never felt truly free. At any given moment my wants and desires are weighed against the laws of our government, not the laws of my conscience. Some structure is desirable, but I would argue that we've gone beyond reasonable. We're not slaves, not even close, we're not even close to being oppressed. It's just little things, things that we're made to think are necessary for our country to run.

You can't drive to the grocery store and pass a cop without going through 100 things wondering if you're doing something wrong, and you still might be. I don't know about you, but I get tired of just processing all of the rules throughout the day.

When the 'end' comes those who survive, maybe everyone, maybe a few, may finally have the opportunity to be free.

So being that the end may not actually come because we're all going to be willing the goodness to happen, if NOTHING happens in 2012, I say we just start the revolution.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
video.google.com...

David Wilcock has a similair idea of 2012 by the way. Only he has a whole story around it
. It's a good talk

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Didn't come back after my last post but that was bizarre! [mental note to check all threads before posting]

Suspended

P.S. just trying to clock up my posts so I can U2U

<< 1   >>

join