It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop pushing for the end-times!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Ok, let's start of with me saying that there is a reason this topic is in Skunk Works so don't be so dense to cry for evidence. That being out the way i want to state the following realisation i had last night after reading How "the law of attraction" works and all the topics concerning 2012, the great tribulation, niburu racing towards us, project bluebook, rapture, Aliens preparing to harvest us etc etc etc.

I posted in A feeling like you are waiting for something??? and was perplexed at the amount of people expecting something in the near future and it being bad/chaotic because of dreams they have and the yearning/expecting feeling it being in the near future, a sort of critical mass being build up by us! Not 'them', us!

If you realise the percentage of people with a religion and how much of those religions have some sort of end-time in their books then you can see how much of the population of earth is contributing to the end-time yearning/expectation ( See
) and assuming that the LOA stuff is for real then WE could stear/stop the whole end-time just by expecting it to be that way. Bye bye Niburu, seeya Anti-Christ, don't think so my wrathfull God, Hiya honest goverment and right people at the right places.

Just think about it ok? Maybe you actually deserve any goverment you get because of your expectation of the workings of goverment ( backroom politics, 'for your own good' secrets, lobying etc. ) So yeah, brown lumpy excrement actually floats to the top because we are trained to believe that is the way by media. Just look at the series and movies that have politicians in em, almost without exception they are slick weasely people that only looks out for number one, himself.

Bill hicks said it himself, the only thing we need for the ride to change is to will it and just maybe that is the greatest coverup, that with just willing world to be one of abundance and spelndor for everyone, the majority just has to will it in existence. 'no pain no gain'is untrue. We can gain everything without having to go through any end-time.

Think about it.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I admit, I yearn for it. I yearn for life to be simple. For my "job" to be finding food and shelter. I yearn for a life where no one gives a damn about Brittany Spears or Amy Winehouse.

I actually struggle with guilt about the yearning so maybe I'm not a totally lost cause.

I don't want it to be averted.

Sorry.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't want for the status quo to continue. But i REALLY don't want a whole mess of death and destruction before we get to whatever new, peacefull and abundant world we conjure up after getting slapped silly by our own imagination. Let's just try and get the middle out and go straight to the nice world

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Maybe you don't like winter. Maybe you don't like the summer heat. These are seasons. They come in their time. The time, the new age, the end of the celestual season and the begining of a new one, these are things as unchanging as the seasons of the year.

You may not like the snow, but winter will come upon you. You maybe blister in the summer sun, but ignoring it will not stop it. Buy Sunblock, because it is coming if you want it to or not.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harman
reply to post by Merigold

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't want for the status quo to continue. But i REALLY don't want a whole mess of death and destruction before we get to whatever new, peacefull and abundant world we conjure up after getting slapped silly by our own imagination. Let's just try and get the middle out and go straight to the nice world

This phyical "life" is the illusion of life. It's the spiritual "consciousness" that is the real life. All the pain and the suffering makes for closer connections with the creator. If mankind would have gotten it right in the first place there would be no need for this type event. Then again, we could say it wasn't mankind at all, but it is the event that is coming to is designed to redesign mankind.

Don't look at it from the perspective of "within" the world. Look at it from within the soul/spirit.

This world is a dream that has become a nightmare. It's time to wake up the world. It's the time. We're living in a Epic Story.

There was a time bridge where what is coming could have been avoided but that time is pass now.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Hmm, how do you make the status quo to transform peacefully, if the old systems are determined to continue their existence? I think that many of those who are waiting for somekind of catalysmic event are unconsciously waiting for a exuse to revolt... That the existing powers suffer so greatly that new systems can emerge. Well, however it will happen, I think there is change in the air nevertheless. And for myself, I just live a moment at a time and live accordingly

Hey, people can post all the end time prophecies they want! You don't have to read them! No offense tho, I liked your post also

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

If and when it comes, it comes. I made my peace with whatever. I'll be ok. It's not that i'm scared for whatever idea gets the upper hand. It's that i see people around me not being prepared for whatever is going to happen. I strongly feel this is the underlying force that is driving our end-times and our collective trauma/dissapointment in life is steering it, the idea 'they don't deserve it' or 'i don't deserve it' and 'we need punishment' Those are ingrained in our conciousness for millenia by our religions 'Repent! Show remorse!'

There is another way, just let go of your idea of end-time and skip to the nice time after that.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by Harman]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

What will be will be. Personally I've seen the future. It doesn't end well for the self serving self rightous religous type. This makes me

We are each responcable for our own awakening.

Awakening is like in life.

People wake up every day, then they have coffee, a hot shower, a coke, what ever it takes to wake them up more, then they have breakfast, a snack...

We are never fully "awake" in this world, we only have stages of awakening. It is those that think they are "awake" that are dreaming.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Heh, i devour those end-time topics like they are candy and will do it after this topic dies of in the abyss of this forum. But i just had this little ephifany last night and it itched to get out. The only way to get the mental itch to stop is to let it out on the internet and share it with people.

I'm convinced we unconsiously push for the 'punishment before the paradise' without just cause and that there is another more gentle way to get to where we want. You just asked how to get the bad apples out without a fight, well 'simple' the bad guys behind and in front of the screens are nowhere without their people and their toys of mass indoctrination/destruction. It can brake, people can walk away. If people realise that evil needs company to get it's will, they can abandon those people and those guys will be impotent to do anything about it.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think alot of this comes down to are you a glass half full or a glass half empty type of person? One way or another we will have to roll with whatever comes along even if it proves us wrong. Remember, reality is different for everyone under the sun.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

I love your signature by the way

Anyway, this delusionreality has a different impact for everyone on this earth, true. But the things happening are the same for everyone. I mean, if it rains in a certain place it rains there for everyone, not only the people that where expecting it. The same with whatever happens in our conjured-up end-time, if the 'christs second coming' gig is the most prevalent at the time of critical mass then that will be the experience we will have even if some people did not see it coming.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Good thing that you did too; I find your post to be important reminder (personally at least) that one should sometimes stop and think does it even matter what happens in the end? I don't mean that you shouldn't care how you lead your life, but the contrary actually. It is just that our present actions are those which affect the future, therefore they are the ones that one should concentrate at

Originally posted by Harman
You just asked how to get the bad apples out without a fight, well 'simple' the bad guys behind and in front of the screens are nowhere without their people and their toys of mass indoctrination/destruction. It can brake, people can walk away. If people realise that evil needs company to get it's will, they can abandon those people and those guys will be impotent to do anything about it.
[bold by v01i0]

I take it that what you mean is that one has to realize 'The Grand Illusion' and therefore stop being afraid and hence they quit being manipulative by the 'elite' or 'powers that be' or those who want to rule everything?

If that's the case, you're absolutely right! I think

[edit on 26-2-2008 by v01i0]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Most of these people who 'yearn' for the 'End', are delusional, desperate, and deeply fearful. Fear and delusion are dangerous bedmates.

The Jews expected the 'End' around the time of Roman occupation of Israel: it never came. The Christians heralded it's imminent arrival in 100 AD: they were mistaken. The Christians again in 500 AD: no show. CHristians again in 1000 AD: errmm...nope. Then it was 2000: Nada.

See a pattern here? I certainly do. Sad & desperate people really...

J.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

I hope you're right Jimbo

But at the very least you can see the warmongering and even the physical pushing towards a clash between Islam and Christian/Jewish faiths? It's almost like fanatics making true their own prophecy if the big Bearded guy in the sky doesn't do it. I mean Atomic bombs raining down on us can easily be viewed as some sort of end-time. Some people in power do definitly hold very scary beliefs and if those people have the ability to galvanize a whole country i would be very worried. And no i'm not exclusively talking about the Muslim countries GWB has took a liking to a scary branch of Christians i prsonally do not want holding power over the big red button, thankyouverymuch.

O and by the way. I personally was and am one very happy camper in this life AND i believe something big is on the doorstep, i could be right, i could be wrong but i'm not very sad or desperate so your generalization just broke down into little pieces
. See the second link in my opening post for more people that are not sad and/or desperate. Or just hold on to your own beliefs, whatever gets you through the day i'd say. We need more people like you to hold that end-times from getting critical.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Agreed.

Thoughts can create reality.

Let us imagine a better world.... a world with REAL justice and instead of trillions being spent on the military, how about trillions be spent on replacing the oxygen on earth by planting thousands of new tree's, and maybe spend some of the money on cleaning our oceans and fertilising the harsh soils of Ethiopia, let us provide clean water and farms and medical care...

Let us imagine....

Imagination is just one corner away from reality.

If not for us, then for our grand children.

It remind me of the chinese story.

An old man one day told his village that the only reason the supplies were low in the village is because the trade route ran through some harsh mountains with avalanches and pit falls and treachorous routes...

He told his village that he will move the mountain.

Naturally, everybody laughed and insulted the strange old man.

But he set to work, stone by stone.... a day later his son found him and asked him what he was doing.

'I'm moving the mountain', replied the foolish old man.

He continued for weeks and weeks, soon his son joined him and then his neighbour, moving the rocks, one by one.

Many, many years later... the old man was long dead, but through the work of the village, and the descendants.... they finally moved the mountain.

Nothing is impossible, that's just the illusion imposed by time.

In other words, let us ALL try and restore good to the world, rock by rock and stone by stone...

If a hundred of us do this, there will be a hundred less problems in the world.

Idea's can be passed via one person alone.

That old man passed his idea to two people and then five people and then say twenty people and then hundreds of people....

It's that easy.

You are change!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I really appreciate your post.

The secret to happiness is to actually be happy, to be the change you are seeking, to assume the change has already manifested itself in you as soon as you seek it. We need to apply that philosophy to our civilization. If we all focused more on our own daily lives and improving ourselves and the communities around us, we would accomplish so much.

Instead, in general, we focus on what we haven't got, what we want, what we need and what others have. We view the world with a sense of lacking and so we do not find what we are looking for. We look on the world with a greedy and suspicious perspective and we fail to see the truth and beauty right before our eyes. We let the media - and yes that includes ATS - color our world view instead of relying on our own experiences and reality and so we prevent ourselves from being the change.

We need to wake up to the here and now. We need to see the beauty and potential of today. We need to turn away from the dysfunctional past and from what others would dictate to be our future. We have one shot to change tomorrow and that is today. Can very many people honestly claim that they cannot change their own circumstances with just a bit of ingenuity, positivity and hard work? If you think you can't, I would suggest you are not being completely honest with yourself.

We can change tomorrow by changing ourselves today. That means setting aside the doom and gloom and adopting a more hopeful and optimistic attitude of abundance.

Darn...I guess that means I have to find a new avatar...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Happy to be of service kosmicjack
. And yeah you sum it up quite nicely. People preying around or fearing the end-times thing are just reinforcing that thing. I actually would go so far as to propose that some people are in power because they are ment to be there, set there helped by our mass-subconcious. So the opposite should be equally true imo. And if not even then your life will be better if you start spread positivity around, it really is contagious.

To be honest, just a year ago i really had fun digitally killing everything with my X-box, now i really can't be bothered. Sometimes i start playing after a while but stop after 10 minutes where i would pull an all nighter with ease a few months earlier.

And i think this is the next step in the whole process. I will keep reading the 2012 things ofcourse but i will try and not invest any negative emotions in it. I will not be a part of the culminating force that is building up untill it gets critical in whatever way and causing unneeded death and destruction.

And again, if i'm wrong so be it but somehow i think i'm on the right track with this one. time will tell

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I guess it's really because of all the red tape in day to day life. I'm ready for the slate to be wiped clean, and start over.

BRING US THE APOCALYPSE!!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
End times?

I see it as more of a "beginning of times".

My personal theory is that as the mass of information ala the internet grows exponentially, it will become "self aware".

Many scientists agree that in any complex system, spontaneous mutations to higher levels of organization happen.

Who knows, a sentient AI might be out there right now on the 'net.

2012 to me is the apex of the curve where technology spins off into infinity.

What does this mean for us humans?

Imagine being able to download your consciousness into a computer. The human brain runs at around 100 hertz ... now imagine that inside of a 10 gigahertz processor...seconds would seem like tens of thousands of years.

Literally, time will be "meaningless" ... thus, "the end of time as we know it"

About to die? How about use those remaining 10 minutes of human-form and download into a computer and exist for 100,000 years as various people and animals before actually being "dead" in this reality.

No, the world will not blow up...yes, many people are going to die (as do currently)...but "the end of time" is not what many people seem to think it is.

The end of time is just that, the end. We as humans will have to adopt a new perspective on reality.

We are giving birth to the next generation of "life" on this planet. Each species only serves to produce a better version of itself, to literally "out date and make obsolete" themselves. Our technology is our creation, our contribution to the Gaian super-consciousness of the planet.

Earth is trying to become self-aware...the arteries (fiber optics) and neurons (servers) are all being put into place.

And we, the lucky humans of this age--have a front row seat to see it being born.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
I admit, I yearn for it. I yearn for life to be simple. For my "job" to be finding food and shelter. I yearn for a life where no one gives a damn about Brittany Spears or Amy Winehouse.

I actually struggle with guilt about the yearning so maybe I'm not a totally lost cause.

I don't want it to be averted.

Sorry.

I'm with you there, it's kind of hard to admit, but I do agree that I'm sorely disappointed with the way our society has taken and especially with the way we "live" our lives. I'm sorry, but there's something wrong when a 3rd of your time every day for the rest of your life, is spent "working" for pieces of paper with no actual value. Am I being selfish? perhaps... or perhaps I'm hoping that people some day will wake up to the realization fo how fake their reality is, and how fake their "priorities" are (material wealth over good morals)

Also, considering the damage that we've created in this planet. I have a feeling that some form of cleansing will have to occur, whethere it be by our own will, or mother nature's. Personally I hope it not be by our own will, I don't even like the idea of humans deciding the fates of other humans the way they do now, it would just be worse if it had to be by our own choosing in the future.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join