It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

has anyone mentally self-healed or fixed their body?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
i've a friend who told me a story about a man who was going blind, so the man started researching how the eye works and why people have problems with them. supposedly this man [we will call him mortimer] knew how to put himself into a trance, and he mentally fixed his eyes while being transfixed. when mortimer came out of the trance, he could see perfectly.

first question...has anyone ever had first-hand experience healing or fixing themselves on a physical level, through their own mental will? i'm not just talking about positive thinking or emotional levitation, but something very visceral.

second, what's the benefit [spiritual or not] of putting one's self into a trance and what's a good technique to do so?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I can do self healing. In Hapkido we did it all the time after training. I actually tested one time. My both legs where #t up at same way. So i healed my one leg. It healed 1 week faster than another one. In Hapkido we do this because of taking pain and damages. And also you can feel if you learned something new. Yes with trance mod you can heal yourself better. It take a litte time to get to trance mod, but it is not hard if you practice it a litte bit. Also if you master selfhealing you can start to traing heal others. This is usually something that im to bornd to learn.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Jesus did this also. He is no god, if you say he is then i can say that we all are gods! We just dont understand how to use our abillitys.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by banyan

yes, and it is also documented that prayer and medation help speed recovery. its called the plocebo effect. i my self am rather sick at the moment so you are gonna have to do the research yourself sorry for the incovenince..

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I have had for the past 5 years serious digestion problems, that left me wretching an vomiting every morning when i woke up an everytime after i ate, 250,000.00 usd later on medical bills they removed my gal bladder an put me on nexium, i have been on cancer drugs for anti nausea and pain, but had to stop both as the side effects were insane an the effects werent there.... so after research on my own, i have narrowed it down to mainly my intestents* mainly the lower portion,

I have found some homieopathic( spelt on purpose ) solutions that have are able to surpress my vomiting, but not the gaging contributed to my high sensitivity to taste, smell and touch. Meditation has worked very well an mind over matter as well, But i still stay indoors alot since my uncontrolable gagin seems to make people unconfortable..... My Gi docs still dunno how to fix that since its part of my G.E.R.D.

But all and all I have been able to get this far without relying on pain meds or anything other then the nexium an my mind. If you have a will then you will always have a way.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I used to suffer from hayfever really badly had bad exzema all those have gone maybe i grew out of them.

I dont seem to get ill very often infact i have not been to a doctor since 2005.

And the only reason i went before then was due to me being in the army and you must have routine examination's and hearing test's.

I think i have mentally marked my body i have made mark's on my skin pattern's ect.

I am about to take pictures of the mark's i dont fully understand them.

I have noticed line's almost letter's.

Sometime's i notice my freckles move around on my arm's.

I notice all my freckles vanish then come back again.

Like i said i am currently trying to document this and make a case for what is going on.

I dont actually know what it is but i have seen little white spark's of light on my arm's.

I dont live near a power station

Who know's the world is a strange place.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 26-2-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by banyan

Yeah, as Dale earlier said:

Originally posted by DaleGribble
yes, and it is also documented that prayer and medation help speed recovery. its called the plocebo effect.

Placebo effect is well know in medicine, many succesful cases have been documented and some sources even claim that most of modern medicines are based on that effect. But since medicine is such a big business nowadays, I guess they want us to believe in medicines, pills and injections, while you could achieve better results by healing yourself, and leading a healthy/balanced lifestyle.

I healed my headache today. And I've healed my back to pretty stable condition compared what it was few years backwards. With medicines, one should always bear in mind that they are merely treatment of symptoms, not the disease itself (at least in most cases). Meditation helps to most organs as it vitalizes the blood circulation in that particular organ. Of course, our abilities to focus varies a lot, some are better in it than others, and some organs are in such bad shape that mere meditation won't be suffient for healing.

Every disease can be tracked down to one's genetic heritage, lifestyle and attitude. IMO.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It sounds plausible.

Consider this:

People continually get dis-eases because of their thoughts.
If people were to be attentive to their thoughts as each moment shifts, and not just let the mental whirlwind take over, they would catch how often their thoughts have a negative tone.

This indeed is counter productive to the body.
Feel the body, you may be tense everywhere...heart, etc, and not even know it.
Most of us walk and live in a tense state...sure you could tense more, but we are unaware of a more, deeper, powerful way to relax...except for rare moments.

Remember when you were last fully relaxed, and replicate it.
This time do it consciously throughout the day...as you interact with people, etc.
Watch how your body on the outside and inside responds in different situations around different people. This will be a telling sign.

Then if you are serious about it, you only have the present moment to make a difference. Not what most of us do...oh, a little here, and later some meditation.

Remember the saying, I believe in Psalms, "Make my life a prayer to you"
This practically can be applied to our lives if we just release and live each moment aware of our bodies and minds. Our we relaxed, or looking at something in a negative perspective? (The glass half full or half empty?) If so then do we try to 'correct' these actions to be in line with what we want? Nothing wrong with that, but at the same time dont deny the emotion existed that was not deemed desirable, and most of all refrain from labeling the situation.

Things are as they are. Or the situation is as it is.

If you do this, you will find mini miracles in your life, in your mind, and in your body.
All you have to try and you will be a believer yourself...but no one can do it for you...this is your path and your choice as each moment passes. Its the present moment and its your gift, what will you do with it.

Again, master this above, and then see what follows it...perhaps the concept in Judaism of creation (in the stories of the golem,) are not to far off (in the light of the mind and quantum physics.) Who are we anyway?

Peace

dAlen

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

yes id say i have to agree with most of what you're saying...

if you convince some one that a treatment will help them. as they say "mind over matter" this holds true in almost every aspect of life. there are a lot of documents that prove this correct..

this method has been used by dharma (or incorectly called budahism) and many martail artist for centires.

i also associate this with the law of attraction, if you believe something will work then your mind takes over and makes the desired affect happen.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

i got out of bed and found some links on the Placebo effect. they are intersting reads and there is plenty of sites that talk about this effect.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Better to have strong faith in medicines then
Now where are my Obays?

Better to avoid mental healing tho, side-effects could include increased awareness

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
really interesting posts, thanks everyone. today i just came across an article that said a new study on anti-depressants has near identical results to those who took placebos.

Antidepressants Work No Better Than A Placebo
science.slashdot.org...

the mind's emotional state does effect our body yes, and we usually only hear about the negative aspects. i, for example, stay healthy and very very rarely get sick and i am fit and active. i take this as i am only enabling my mind so far as to stay healthy, but i have not yet gotten to the next phase of improving upon my body. a disease is different than a physical flaw, ie poor eyesight, i think.

can we physically improve any flaw in our body with just our entranced mind? or is this a fool's dream that should instead be focusing on the spiritual aspects of the mind?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tartar
I can do self healing. In Hapkido we did it all the time after training. I actually tested one time. My both legs where #t up at same way. So i healed my one leg. It healed 1 week faster than another one.

sounds very interesting, could you explain further the process in which you healed your one leg faster? did you meditate on it? imaging the clotting or sewing of it up?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by banyan

Originally posted by banyan
can we physically improve any flaw in our body with just our entranced mind? or is this a fool's dream that should instead be focusing on the spiritual aspects of the mind?

I think yes. But I might be a fool

There's been positive results with imaginary training on muscle growth for example. Then one gotta remember that negative feelings release different hormones in our bodies than under positive mindset; the effects of those hormones are debatable, but I think there is some truth in saying that laughing makes you live longer...

What about those miraculous healings then? They maybe not so miraculous after all

[edit on 26-2-2008 by v01i0]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
I think i have mentally marked my body i have made mark's on my skin pattern's ect.

I am about to take pictures of the mark's i dont fully understand them.

I have noticed line's almost letter's.

Sometime's i notice my freckles move around on my arm's.

I notice all my freckles vanish then come back again.

that reminds me of something...one day i was writing, and i saw bumps on my right wrist. they were not zits, bites, or scratches. they weren't even red or itched at all. they were just bumps. there was nine of them, and looking down on them, they were in the pattern of a capital letter 'F'. they were there for six or seven months, and one day i noticed they were gone. they have never reappeared...that was about three years ago.

i never even thought that i could have inadvertently marked myself. that's very interesting. is there a technique you use to mark yourself, h3akalee?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

What about those miraculous healings then? They maybe not so miraculous after all

i know...if it's a talent, a skill of the mind, it might help to understand certain historical figures who were known for doing this.

i think healing or improving yourself would be a lot easier than trying to heal someone else. it's all connected though, i believe...just a transferring of energy.

it would still be miraculous, just redefined!

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yes I did just recently. I was in a severe traffic accident that shattered my pelvis and snapped my femur in half. It took me 2 weeks of concentration but i am fully healed. I was supposed to be in a wheelchair for 3 months. but i was up and jogging in two weeks.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I pulled my head out of my butt last year and dumped all of my medications, started eating right, exercising every day at least a little, put nearly 700 miles so far on my elliptical machine, and lost about 35 pounds. No more anti-depressants. My blood pressure dropped enough so I didn't have to take the medication I dumped. I'm still working on the high cholesterol, but I've read more about that, and it turns out that maybe cholesterol is not necessarily as evil as people have been told.

Anyway, the end result is that I'm feeling pretty good most of the time, which is about all any of us can hope for. I know it isn't necessarily curing myself of cancer or something like that, but maybe I was doing that and not knowing it, anyway. Lugging around all that extra weight was not doing me any good, and might have eventually resulted in something much worse.

Eat less and exercise. I'm here to tell you it works just like everybody says. No mystery.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by banyan

When I was a child, I always had this "ideal" image of what I'd like to look like in the back of my mind.

I didn't know it then - well, I did know it, it just wasn't formulated as a purposeful intent or anything (which is a very good thing) - but what I was doing "viscerally" was shaping my appearance into the "mold" I kept envisaging.

It was only years later that I discovered, by chance, that I had done that. (It's a long story, and it doesn't matter anyway.)

No wonder I didn't look like any of my relatives...

(I do now - somewhat - and it's not a bad thing either. ; ))

When I was seventeen, I modified the appearance of my left hip.
And later on, the colour of my eyes was also altered, after I had spent a few months envisaging myself accordingly.

So, yes: it's a well-known "secret" that people can affect their appearance any way they want.

Naturally, those who doubt it will never experience the benefits of that particular ability.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
i have actually done this many times its no big deeal cuts scrapes even horrid road rash . all i do is concentrate energy on the afflicted area. it comes natuarlly to me

top topics

<<   2 >>

join