It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New city found, 5,500 BP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Scientists discover ruins in Peru dating 5,500 years

View of the circular square built about 5,500 years ago at the archeological complex of Sechin Bajo, at the mountain range of the Casma region, in Ancash area, Peru, 24 February 2008. The complex, considered to be the most ancient in Peru, was discovered by a team of Peruvian and German archeologists a few weeks ago.

EPA/EL COMERCIO NEWSPAPER

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Sounds interesting but I cant get the image to load, it might just be me as my net is slow tonight.

Can you host the image here on ATS?

Can you also add a link please?

Regards S_G

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx
reply to post by Hanslune

Sounds interesting but I cant get the image to load, it might just be me as my net is slow tonight.

It was just me the picture is working fine now, small shot though.

I notice the OP is off line, does anyone else have a link to more information as I find the picture quite amazing, if the thread title is to be believed.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
They think there exists evidence of even older structures beneath.

Earlier finds near Sechin Bajo had been dated at 3,600 years, and there may be other pieces of the citadel older than the plaza.

"We've found other pieces of architecture underneath the plaza that could be even older," German Yenque, an archeologist at the dig site, told Reuters. "There are four or five plazas deeper down, which means the structure was rebuilt several times, perhaps every 100 to 300 years."

news.aol.com...

This is good stuff.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This is fascinating, I love hearing about new finds in the archaeological field, however I would like to know why this is in the myths and legends forums, since this city is a fact, unless I missed out on some sort of tie in?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Just to note it's actually in the Ancient civilizations, myths and legends.

But I agree it's very fascinating to hear about newly discovered ancient artifacts. Peru was definitely an ancient metropolis of sorts dating back to 3000bc or earlier...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
oh, Peru...

i thought you might be posting about the city found in Egypt, built some 7,000 years ago or more

andrewcollins.com...

Peru, on the west coast of South America, those guys were isolated indeed,

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
oh, Peru...

i thought you might be posting about the city found in Egypt, built some 7,000 years ago or more

andrewcollins.com...

Peru, on the west coast of South America, those guys were isolated indeed,

The press reports on the neolithic finds have been (by the media) mixed with the Graeco-Roman finds at/near the same location. Reference to limestone and granite seems to apply to the later Roman period and not the neolithic.

I haven't read the paper yet

top topics

join