It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball Is Coming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It's that time of year again. The weather is warming up, and football season is but a memory (a good one for once, go Giants!). I love this time of year.

My Mets have their first televised spring training game against St. Louis Feb. 29th. I think it's great how everyone was talkin smack about them, that is, untill they got Santana. Now many acknowledge that the Mets are probobly the top NL team to beat. Baseball is funny like that.

I put myself in the lottery for subway series tickets, but wasn't chosen.

So who's your favorite team? Who else is ready for a ten dollar beer to go with that ball park hot dog? Anybody have opening day tickets?

GO METS!

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
Anybody have opening day tickets?

I wish. Getting tickets for any Yankee games this season will hard.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

Another Mets fan! You people are everywhere.

Go Phillies!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
Anybody have opening day tickets?

I wish. Getting tickets for any Yankee games this season will hard.

My tickets are so damn expensive this year I am only keeping the home opener, the last game at the old Stadium and the All-Star Game. The rest I sold back in December when the bill came. I dread seeing next year's prices.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Go METS!!!!! no meltdown this year!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I hope all the steroid stuff is behind baseball now. I have started to do my preseason number crunching, and am getting very excited for games (even pre-season) to start.

One thing that I think will help people try and forget all the steroid stuff, is the amount of young stars that are coming up. I hope some young fresh faces will give a good spin for baseball.

Some young players who will be stars this year are:
Clay Buchholz (Red Sox)
Jacoby Ellisbury (Red Sox)
Joba Chamberlin (yanks)
Cameron Maybin (marlins)
Evan Longoria (rays)
Daric Barton (A's)
Homer Bailey (reds)

I'm intrigued to see what a full season from Ryan Braun will bring. In 113 games he hit 34 hrs and drove in 97. It easy to think that giving a full season this kid is going to hit over 50 homers.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

My tickets are so damn expensive this year

In an effort to compare the cost of baseball to premiership football here in the UK, how much do your tickets cost?

I am one of the few Brits I know who enjoys watching baseball, most consider it as glorified rounders.
I don't know that much about it, except the basic rules etc, (there not that hard to understand are they) and a little bit of the history.
I look out for the LA Dodgers results.
Have they got any chance of winning The World (???) Series?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
testrat, Braun was so money for my fantasy teams last year, I'm sort of scared to draft him again though. Sometimes there's a sophomore slump.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I was supposed to spring for a box of 4 field seats at shea with a guy I do business with. I managed to find the last field box available at shea, fair seats, way in right field but first row so a fun spot. the tag was hefty but they're tearing down shea this year too and the field box seats are selling for $1500 a pop now for the last game. I would venture to guess they'll go for more as the season progresses. Add to that the income from selling off playoff and (dare I say it) world series tickets and the season is a profit maker.

the guy I'm supposed to go in with bails out after his wife finds out her new watch is coming later than expected thanks to the mets tickets.

so now I'm stuck fielding calls from shea ticket sales, trying not to lose the box while I try and find someone else willing to go in with me.

This season should be a fun one. I'm expecting a nice drop in home run production across the board as players realize they are no longer protected by the brass in the steroids arena.

The mets should do well this year. Santana and Pedro should be a nice 1 2 punch and watch for Maine to finally come into his own and Perez should have an amazing year since he'll be looking to get big cheese as a free agent.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

They are now $83 a piece and I have four seats bringing the total to $26892 for the whole 81 game season. I have yet to get the bill for the All-Star Game but I have a feeling it will be in the $1000 each range for the entire 3 day package. When I first got my tickets (back in 1996) the were $15...

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

have you seen what the final game at the stadium is selling for at tickethub? you can cover the cost of the season with that day and the allstar game.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Season tickets for the "Big 4", (Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool & Manchester United), vary between £600 to £1200, (approx $1,200 to $2,400).
For that the ticket holder gets to see 19 home premiership fixtures.
That equates to approx $63 - $126 per game.

I think, (it may have changed since I last had a season ticket anywhere), the ticket holder has to pay extra for cup and European matches and they get first option on finals etc.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I just checked...if they get to $10,000 a piece I'm selling. How are you makingout with your Met season tickets?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I'm out but I'm looking to score opening day - tradition that I take the day off with my dad.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I just got tickets to a Subway Series game in June. It's at Shea, but thats alright.

[edit on 28/3/08 by enjoies05]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Oh come on, everybody loves the concrete doughnut!

new topics

top topics

join