It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of Jesus?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

dunwichwitch, that is exactly my point.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Jesus, if he existed at all and was not just a semi-fictional amalgam of a lot of different people at the time, was somebody who had a fringe notion about the universe and how it should be lived in. But in order to get people to listen to him, he needed to work miracles, and to do that, he became a sorcerer and a necromancer who believed he was the next King Solomon. He became infected with a particularly nasty demon and his creepy and sometimes violent behavior (raising people from the dead, booting the moneylenders from "his" temple, etc.) forced the Romans and the leaders of the Jewish community to do away with him.

Over the centuries, even though the demon work is still very heavy in the Gospels, Jesus was edited and recast as a pacifying figure, who preached that justice would be found in the next life, so don't go around trying to get rid of the king or emperor in this one.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Nohup]

"Don't go around getting rid of the King or Emperor while you are here."

Hmmm... that's good advice, in my opinion.

I mean, I used to be all for deposing a tyrannical government, but I've come to realize that the only thing that will physically depose a tyrannical empire is another tyranny in the making. So.... what would end war?

Not making Gods of false idols, doing unto others as they have done, or any form of political propaganda..... but peace and good will, loving others as your own, loving thine enemy, and knowing thyself.

I don't know what Jesus was exactly, but he was somebody amazing compared to most of this world's known history. Somebody who could affect this many people worldwide and be of such a threat to the Roman Empire that they eventually completely hijacked the teachings and warped them into some amalgamation of government control....coated with spirituality as the dressing. Somebody who could make the Roman Empire worry hundreds of years before its fall and who still 300some years after Christ was killed, still feel so threatened by fringe religions that they had to persecute and kill all the originals save for a few and completely rewrite the religion for their own political use.... it's evil genius.... and that somebody to inspire such evil cunning had to have been a force of equal or greater cunning.

I know a figure whom we refer to as Jesus must have existed around the early to mid 1st century, because it all makes sense once you realize certain things beyond the realm of simple observation of what little physical evidence we do have... like the spiritual side of things, the nature of reality behind its steady appearance, the nature of consciousness in relation to reality and the unity of being that exists within this Matrix of Awareness....

All possibilities probable, I would say that the Unified field of consciousness can do whatever it wants. For every Holy Roman Empire, there will be a "holy" human figure proclaiming unlimited personal power and control for even the weakest of men, and that is not what a government wants of its people. For every Goliath, there will be a David....as the old fable goes.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Jesus was a Buddhist!

Where you think he went all those "missing years"... India!

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join