It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEUROHEADSET mind control gaming headset unveiled for 2008

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
New device which allows players to control video games with there mind will be released later this year! check it out! I'm buying one as soon as they come out, they are going for around 300 dollars!

A NEUROHEADSET that allows the wearer to play videogames simply by thinking has been unveiled at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco and will go on sale later this year.

www.news.com.au...

youtube.com...

youtube.com...

youtube.com...

youtube.com...

[edit on 21-2-2008 by gtirlad2]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This has the potential to be very interesting. An emerging branch of science has alot to do with the sociological reality of multiple interactions regarding human behaviour as it relates to the fast pace of information(stimulus) exposure, as well their are virtually no valid sources I have found regarding the conscious awareness of modern day living.

And now we are going to train the mind to think like the screen says and they are going to be personally rewarded (enjoyment of game success).

The fundamentals never get old. Pavlov is at play here.

So, the novelty of seeing something on the screen move merely because you thought it is going to be useful how? Granted, there are actually great potentials for this tech...but in popular application?

Let me be very clear hear to those who are going to purchase this and interact with it.

It's not majic. It's not the force, as depicted by the movies.

This is an oppurtunity to reverse-engineer the research of the secret experiments of the last decades.

The machine works by measuring physical reactions in the body that have been physically repeated by you for the length of your life. Your thought has a physical reaction! That physical reaction is the result of the hormonal release in respone to the subject matter of the stimulus and/or the anticipated result of positive(defined by whom?....those who program the virtual exchange, of course!) interaction with the stimulus.

I am worried that people will get lost in the novelty and not use this as a learning experience to see the 'conspiracies of yesterday'. Remember the mental illness associated with hearing voices in ones' head? To those who have seen the report, subsonic waves can be broadcast in such a fashion as to create the illusion of 'hearing from within ones' own head. It was used in Times Square recently as an advertisement for a cable ghost show.

Please think about what I have typed....

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
what limits the thoughts to just gaming. i can just imagine thought police monitoring the "leakage" in order to stop future crime. and please don't tell me what will happen when someone hacks your head. where do you hide your secrets and passwords then? will there be cookies from your head? advertisers must be getting wood with this.
seems to me that this would take the fun out of gaming,taking the physical interaction and manual dexterity out!
the only door i have left that the government cant readily open is the door to my brain. i think i'll stick with my ergodex
dont get me wrong,i'm sure that there will be earth moving advancements with this,and the military apps will be extreme,but i dont intend to share my thoughts with anyone i dont want to!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This story is important. Starred and flagged.

Here's something to keep in mind.

Military technology is dozens of times more advanced than anything civillians are aware of.

They have had this technology for a long time. We cannot just 'read' someones thoughts and interpret them as movement in videogames, but we can monitor their hormone levels, view specific activity within specific parts of the brain etc.

This is done with the same kind of electromagnetic technology used in hospitals etc. Here are the most common ways brain activity can be monitored

I'm guessing there are ways to utilize technology from great distances and that 'they' can already read our minds activity.

Now that it's the 21st century and all, why not throw the general public a little toy? Give them a videogame that reads their mind... they'll think it's neat. Meanwhile, we will continue to harvest information on their thinking patterns and influence them via long distance EM signals.

Hello Brave New World.... nice to meet you.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This is much deeper than you can imagine.

Our physical brains are made of energy. Our brains transmit energy (heat). This energy is from our thoughts, and they don't just exist "in your head". The energy that is making your thoughts, is touching the energy that makes your physical brain. Your physical brain is connected to the physical skin, and skin connected to physical air, and the air is touching everything else physical. Same with your feet, it is connected to a sock, which is connected to a shoe, which is connected to the ground, which is connected to Earth. We are all connected energy.

Seperation is an illusion.

You would be supprized about the truths in "The Secret".

www.youtube.com...

All is one.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gtirlad2

*chants* "I want VR gaming." over and over and over and over again.
One step closer to full immersion gaming. HECK YEA!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
To those who have seen the report, subsonic waves can be broadcast in such a fashion as to create the illusion of 'hearing from within ones' own head. It was used in Times Square recently as an advertisement for a cable ghost show.

Please think about what I have typed....

You have misunderstood the device used in Times Square. There is a thread about this somewhere. On that thread people also did not read the information and jumped to the same erroneous conclusion.

What the device does is localize the sound and it DOES NOT cause you to hear it only in your head. It IS NOT subsonic sound. Anyone who is in the target area can hear it.

I even looked into its intended use to limit sound to a defined area as being useful in my office. I currently have an issue where different people like different styles of music which leads to disagreements over music. I'm thinking it would be a good, but expensive, solution to this issue because everyone could listen to what they want independent of others.

People fear what they don't understand but as they understand it the fear goes away. Every new thing is NOT a conspiracy to do us harm or control us. Sometimes, in fact nearly always, new products using new technology are developed to improve our lives and experiences. If not we would not buy them. No sales equals bankruptcy and ruin for manufacturers. To think otherwise is a symptom of needless paranoia.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
So where do I go after I sell my first born for this thing? I'm assuming Best Buy won't have one for a while... I NEED THIS NOW....

Coven

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
There's nothing magical, mystical, or particularly advanced about this headset. It looks to be a simply EEG, along with some sensors to measure facial expressions. You do some "training" with the included software so it can compare the EEG and facial patterns you give off when thinking certain things. I predict it will suck for regular gaming, but might be mildly entertaining for the included games.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

Ah but it is a step in the right direction.
Baby steps keemosobi.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Originally posted by Blaine91555
It IS NOT subsonic sound.

You're right about that...
It's Ultra Sound

Now what you are wrong about is your interpretation of the clearly stated words I posted:

...as to create the illusion of 'hearing from within ones' own head.

Tell me that people do not get caught up in the novelty of whatever new gadgetry that is released. In tandem with the above expression, tell me that people take the time to learn why it is that ‘fill in the blank’ gadget works and why they respond to it…on a physical level. Now tell me, in the same breath, that other people never take advantage of a distracted human.

People fear what they don't understand but as they understand it the fear goes away. Every new thing is NOT a conspiracy to do us harm or control us. Sometimes, in fact nearly always, new products using new technology are developed to improve our lives and experiences. If not we would not buy them. No sales equals bankruptcy and ruin for manufacturers. To think otherwise is a symptom of needless paranoia.

I agree to an extent. But fool me once and it’s your fault. Fool me twice….it’s my fault because I didn’t bother to learn why it happened in the first place. And that is what is happening all over the place.

This is an opportunity to reverse engineer. You can’t tell me that when the focused ultrasound beam was first created(likely by a military contract) that they didn’t use it. I wouldn’t believe that for a second. You can’t tell me that new technology doesn’t get tested on people. That is my point. If the huge amount of ‘hearing voices/crazy’ associations weren’t created a couple of decades ago to hide this advancement in science, then where does the ‘schizo’ association to hearing voices originate?

Not everything is a conspiracy….but I wonder why exactly Heron created the world’s first vending machine…

• The first vending machine was also one of his constructions, when a coin was introduced via a slot on the top of the machine, a set amount of Holy Water was dispensed. This was included in his list of inventions in his book, "Mechanics and Optics". When the coin was deposited, it fell upon a pan attached to a lever. The lever opened up a valve which let some water flow out. The pan continued to tilt with the weight of the coin until it fell off, at which point a counter-weight would snap the lever back up and turn off the valve.

To Produce a ‘Miracle’….

….so that the temple he was contracted by would experience a higher attendance.

I seriously doubt I misunderstand what I am presenting. And to call it, “needless paranoia, “ is not accounting for the fact that I am just curious.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

People fear what they don't understand but as they understand it the fear goes away. Every new thing is NOT a conspiracy to do us harm or control us.

They said the same thing about Microwave ovens. Now we know that they completely nuke our food and empty it of all nutrient value, etc. Was it a conspiracy to do us harm? Who knows. But when people were saying Microwave ovens could be dangerous, they were called conspiracy theorists.

They said the same thing about Cell phones. Now we know that they are capable of saturating the brain with all kinds of radiation. Was it a conspiracy to do us harm? Who knows. But when people were saying Cell phones could be dangerous, they were called conspiracy theorists.

I could go on and on.
Nobody is saying there is a specific conspiracy by this videogame company to control our minds.... but because mind-reading technology is being revealed, it's safe to assume such technology has been around and in use for dozens of years (if not more).

It's not just 'fearing what we don't know.' It's called using our brains...

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Military technology is dozens of times more advanced than anything civillians are aware of.

What undeniable physical proof you have?
And not some fragments of what they seem to know?
Otherwise it could be logically chocked up to paranoia on the part of some people.

I am not arguing the validity (or lack there of) of that statement I am merely commenting.

Shadow of a doubt my friend.
For some that is all that is required, especially if they are predisposed to NOT believe it.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant

What undeniable physical proof you have?

How on earth can I prove the capabilities of a clandestine military operation? Am I supposed to break into underground military bases and take snap photos of ultra-advanced technology?

All of the whistle-blowers to have come forward claiming involvement in black-government projects have all corroborated the existence of technology that would be unimaginable to the general public. All of them have been labeled as nuts and discarded.

You're right, there is no way to hand you physical evidence. But now that we have a video game apparatus that exhibits 'mind-reading' capabilities I don't even feel the need for conjecture on secret military technology. The technology capable of monitoring us on every basic level is already public.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This will make a great replacement for Ritalin and other ADD treatments. You can use this to increase your ability to concentrate in a fun way, and be able to have more control over your thoughts instead of having your mind chatter go haywire and having the attention span of an MTV show (not that I don't like them
).

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

All of them have been labeled as nuts and discarded.

Who's to say they aren't?

Who's to say they don't so such for a chance to make a fat profit from book sale from those inclined to believe them?

All conjecture. ALL OF IT.

Simple fact of the matter every bit of technology we have can be put to nefarious purposes but that doesn't mean stop coming up with new technology.
Unless you want humanity to ride this rock to his extinction when it goes bye bye.

reply to post by TheBandit795

Yea its gonna be awesome in my opinion.
And loads of fun.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant

Simple fact of the matter every bit of technology we have can be put to nefarious purposes but that doesn't mean stop coming up with new technology.

Indeed. But you can surely agree that the chasm of difference between the technical comprehension of a military engineer is huge when compared to the technical comprehension of a lifetime boutique resident.

That is the difference. Sure, paranoia stemming from an under exposed individual is a possibility. But so is the machination of one in the know.

Conjecture? Maybe at this point, but the time will soon be here when we can equate action and thought with physical reference and trace behaviour and genetic inclination to 'fill-in-the-blank' personality set....way beyond the general distinction of introvert and extroverted.

Who is doing this research? How do they get their sociological evidences?
More importantly, who is paying for it, who owns the conclusions reached?

A Wal-Mart greeter couldn't afford it. And I am aware of the dominance of 'Privacy Agreements' used by corporations on their employees.

I don't think that everyone reacting to the stimulus of the word 'red' in the same exact fashion is a good thing when you consider that the whole of our media can actually communicate an imposed interpretation to the majority of the population. But, the color red does bring about very similar physiological reactions in everyone, generally speaking.

The difference is this. Most people react to the color red. How many people provide the color red for a pre-determined, expected response from another?

Edit for grammar and to state that the topic is the NeuroHeadSet, but deviation is based on the implications of the new technology....

[edit on 22-2-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Sorry to continue the deviance from the thread topic but I just wanted to say this.

Facts are facts and that is very true.
But what someone states as facts is tainted by a few things.
Even so called "experts".

The person is saying what they are saying for a secret reason of their own and using their credentials to achieve whatever that is.
The person has truly has had some sort of break from reality. For whatever reasons.
The person has misinterepted the facts no matter what their credentials.
After all even the most intelligent person is given to mistakes it is after all human nature.
The person is embelishing facts.
The person is allowing their opinion taint the facts.
The person wants to see that as being true and is pretty sure but not positive and makes up for the lack of complete positivity with gusto.

Any of those and a number of other possible reasons makes me take anything any so called "expert" has to say with a grain of salt.

After all I have been told by a "expert" that since he is a aircraft maintence tech he is more or less a high velocity impact physicist.
Which I honestly find to be a leap.

Psychology plays a large part in everything we do and it seems to me everyone tends to ignore that nasty little fact.

I will now shut up.
Sorry.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This device seems derived from a device claimed to have been found inside the roswell crash. Research The Day after Roswell by Col. Philip J. Corso(Ret.)
Also:
See this thread

Then there was the strangest device of all, a headband, almost, with electrical-signal pickup devices on either side. I could figure out no use for this thing whatsoever unless whoever used it did so as a fancy hair band. ...Maybe it picked up brain waves....

Also, I must agree, that this potentially has problems for a "Big Brother" "Thought Police" ala 1984 Orwellian Nightmare.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." from 1984 by George Orwell

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Please...do not shut up.

Start a new thread

I would love to continue arguing/discussing this subject matter and I will.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join