It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge holds reporter in contempt in anthrax case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

WASHINGTON — "A federal judge held a former USA TODAY reporter in contempt of court on Tuesday for failing to identify sources who named former Army scientist Steven Hatfill as a possible suspect in the 2001 anthrax attacks that killed five people.
U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton said he would begin fining Toni Locy $500 per day, escalating to $5,000 per day, until she identifies the sources."

"Now a journalism professor at West Virginia University, Locy has argued that she spoke to a number of officials regarding the anthrax inquiry, but she cannot remember which sources provided information linking Hatfill to the government's inquiry during her reporting for USA TODAY."

I think that the forgotten anthrax attacks are the "smoking gun of 9/11." The anthrax reportedly came from a US military facility right?. No one was ever charged with the attacks. Now the reporter that originally named the "person of intrest" will not name sources. Reporters should be protected, but i just have a gut feeling that this whole thing was planned inside the military to cause fear of WMDs.

Was 9/11 an inside job? We will probably never be able to prove it, but if a link can be found with the anthrax attacks then it proves that the government has the desire and capability to attack our own soil for whatever reasons, prove the connection with the anthrax and the floodgates will be open!!!!!!!!!

also another thread i started about the anthrax:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No one has ever been charged and the MSM has forgotten.........

5 Deaths!!
17 infections
over 1 BILLION dollars in cleanup!!

No one questions this?????????????????????

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
A very interesting article. I have read up on Steven Hatfill and think that he has been wrongfully persecuted by the government. If there was any evidence of his involvement in the anthrax attacks he would have been arrested and brought to trial. The government has harassed Mr. Hatfill and caused him to be terminated from several jobs. He had to sue the feds to get the peace he deserves. Meanwhile, the government has failed us all in the Anthrax investigation. I guess it will turn out like the cyanide laced Tylenol capsules investigation of years ago. (occurred in 1982) No arrests, no suspects, a dead end.

[edit on 2/21/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The anthrax attacks were closely connected to the Patriot Act legislation and to efforts to oppose the Iraq war in the senate. Being in the legislative branch of the government in the US is no guarantee that you wont be treated like a peon in Vietnam or Guatemala if you oppose the post-9/11 executive branch.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
When 2 of the targets are members of congress opposed to the Patriot Act you would think this would be a case that gets more attention in the MSM. But hear we are 6 years later and no arrest or charges filed. Disgusting example of cronyism!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Interesting! Intimidate journalists into revealing their sources... It's a mixed bag. But the journalist isn't even taking the ethics road of "I ain't tellin'' Instead it's I honestly don't remember,' but fines until she makes up something?

As for HatfillI looked into this once and the main problem is the OVERabundance of evidence. There's a great video out that shows this - it looks like a frame-up with Hatfill in mind right in all the clues. Anyone who looked at these would suspect Hatfill and also hopefully a set-up.

I did a research piece on this with all the suspect names but I lost it. Patrick Ryan? Dr. ?? Zack... Ayyad Assad (again framed, but maybe by himself?), some no-name shadow operative, some combo, it's complicated stuff.

No solution. It did its job but its still too suspicious, so they might be looking for a tenable fall guy story. Or perhaps it's really the truth this judge is after, looking for who offered up the first fall guy. I shall keep abreast.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Nothing like fining journalists to give away their sources as a deterent for future whistleblowers.

new topics

top topics

join