It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valley firefighters trained for UFO contact

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This whole thing is kind of odd to me.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Don't pay your taxes and find out just how free this country is my friend.......?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I am located in AZ and will watch this tonight. I also have a friend who is a firefighter here as well and I will ask him if he has ever heard anything about this. That is all based if the news story isnt just some off the wall 1 min report saying saying we should train firefighters in case a satellite falls on Phoenix.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
News is ENTERTAINMENT. If it bleeds, it leads.

With the current and growing public interest in UFOs we are bound to see more and more on this and related subjects in broadcast news, but I would not expect any substantive content. They show what they think will get Joe public to tune in over their evening beer after work.

If they start having to answer questions from viewers on issues they know nothing about, clogging business routines it might erode their desire to show such content. Might. They just may be able to argue to the news editor for more stories or even a weekly segment too. Throw the dice.

News is controlled by policy from very massively huge multinational corporations. Make enough noise and you wont have to worry about men in black. They also own your newspaper, utilities, mortgage, insurance companies, pharmaceutical manufacturers and your doctors hospital too.

Maybe your doctor will recommend a brand new drug for that sinus problem. Hey, it also calms you down and helps you concentrate.... on yard work.

Mostly kidding, but seriously, the news is bought, sold and big business's bitch. I take anything they say with a grain of salt the size of a planet.

ZG

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Just found out that the story at 10 tonight is indeed just about the old Fire Fighters Disaster Guide which mentions something about a UFO crash. Old news, and nothing to get excited about. They didn't do a good job of explaining what it was about on the ABC15 web site. But nothing new.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Such a tease...
...like a one-line post...
...spread out to look like three...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by maxseamus

Do you think that was the reason that Scottsdale mailed everyone an emergency preparedness handbook? Has everything in it from first aid to terrorist acts and what to do in each situation. Could it be that the valley officials know more than they let on?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
One thing I found interesting about the broadcast was how they made sure to mention that fire departments were trying to contact them to say this book was bunk. Why would they even bother unless there was something to it?

Heck, I dunno, I'm a little tired tonight. That just seemed odd. I could understand departments they talked to saying the book was not being used but why would others just have to get in on it?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Yep. Another example of how the potential for Alien contact seems to be gaining some credibility. When such a big push in favour of UFO existence happens, particularly by those within authority, it's difficult to see it as anything other than preparation - almost as if the goverment is paving a path.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

I was just there and the video works fine... What the hell are UFOs and pictures of aliens doing in that book? That's a little bit strange especially if UFO's and aliens don't exist
right..

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Possibly because a) it is bunk and b) they're highly embarassed and maybe even a bit worried that the public might think they really train using such a silly book?

I've read some of it (the UFO section anyway) and frankly if I thought my fire brigade used it I'd be emigrating before I ever lit a match again, just to be safe and get somewhere where the fire brigade might actually know who to respond to a fire .....

Never been quite sure if the book was actually intended as a spoof or not!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
I cant believe that you actually deny that there are Alien UFO's. I have seen them, and I am a veteran who knows what to "look" for. Sounds to me like you live in a pretty little box, in an underground facility, with a shaman sitting beside you chanting, "ignore the truth...ignore the truth"

And yes, I will wager all my points for an equal amount, if you can prove to me that Aliens are not real. Forget that, I will sign a document of indentured servitude.

Congratulations! You win the award for the most asinine comment in this thread!

First, no human can prove that aliens do not exist. It is impossible on both a physical and temporal level. We have neither the means nor the lifespan to travel to each star in the galaxy to prove it one way or another.

Second, your indignation and challenge are based on very specious, fallacious reasoning. Skepticism over UFOs or even one "incident" in this case, or finding pragmatic reasons for the inclusion of UFOs crashes in this particular book is not tantamount to believing alien life does not exist. Skepticism over UFOs and belief in aliens are not mutually exclusive ideas. Nor did I ever state I did not believe in alien life.

Your asinine comments, indignation, and very poor attempts at insulting my intelligence aside, the ABC15 report backs up my point about the manual.

The authors of the guide could not be reached by ABC15 for comment regarding this story, but in a previous reports by other outlets, they said many people are missing the point regarding the chapter and a UFO does not just mean an alien spaceship.SOURCE

I issue a challenge of my own. Based on the level of reasoning you have demonstrated and your manner of writing, I'm willing to bet your a teenager who is speaking out his rear, never having actually read the book. Prove that you've read the book, and aren't some kid wearing big-boy britches.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
In case anyone still wants to see the broadcast:

DivShare File - Arizona Firefighter UFO Training.flv

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Thaks for posting that!

Old News - How Disappointing...

Thanks everyone for keeping on top of this tho - leaks like this can sometimes strike pure gold!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join