It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valley firefighters trained for UFO contact

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Whatever your beliefs, it’s hard to dismiss how life-changing alien contact could be. It would literally change everything, and because of that, Valley emergency teams are taking it all seriously. Firefighters are getting trained for that contact, learning what to do and how to handle the situation if it ever turns into reality. It’s a training guide everyone will be talking about. Watch the full story, Thursday at 10 on ABC15 News.

Link to full story

I'd be interested in hearing about this if anyone is in the area to watch this tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxseamusI'd be interested in hearing about this if anyone is in the area to watch this tomorrow.

You're not the only one. This is interesting to say the least. Good find.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Want to know something amazing? I just called the Phoenix Fire Department as well as the chief Phoenix Homeland Security Department officer and no one knew anything about this!

Either ABC News posted a false story (which would be a story itself) or I was just lied to by the Phoenix Fire Department and Phoenix Homeland Security or they really don't know about this. Interesting.

This my friends IS NEWS.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
And now it's taken off the Webxtra page on the ABC15 site. WTH?!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

You just had to call them!
I read the story right before they pulled it.

I get ABC 15, so I'll watch for it and let you know. I might be able to record it.

Stay tuned.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by seawolf197

You just had to call them!
I read the story right before they pulled it.

I get ABC 15, so I'll watch for it and let you know. I might be able to record it.

Stay tuned.

Yes I did. It's the 'investigator' in me.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The link is working again.

I'm setting up my DVD recorder, and if I can capture it, I'll post it.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seawolf197
The link is working again.

The link works, but it's been taken off the Webextra page. So right now, it's off the ABC15 site. Only those of us who have the link can view it. Weird.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with the manual Fire Officer's Guide to Disaster Control, Second Edition.

Chapter 13 of that manual is entitled Enemy Attack and UFO Potential.
You can read it here.

Anyway this not news per se.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Perhaps it's just that old manual. But perhaps it's something new. We don't know. But still interesting that it's been taken off their web site. No mention of it in the Webextra section now.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yes, the manual itself is not new so let's hope it's not that. That's what I was referring to when I said it's not news.

Let's hope we're wrong though.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by danx]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx

Yes, the manual itself is not new so let's hope it's not that. That's what I was referring to when I said it's not news.

Let's hope we're wrong though.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by danx]

Well lets hope they air it tomorrow at 10pm, because it's not on their web site anymore. Weird they took it off right after I called the Phoenix Fire Department. They had me on hold for 10 minutes.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ufo Reality,
Man, you have got to stop calling people.....LOL! I know that you are curious, but I don't want a MIB to give you the old "mind wipe" trick. I think that you should contact the station and see what they have to say. Might find some desk jockey who will confirm that the HSD called them to remove it. can you post a screen cap of the link before it was removed? And damn man, will you join my friends list already? I want to set up my phone to go off every time you call and harrass some gov't employee....

-Jason

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Go to www.abc15.com...

Click on the yellow tab that says NEWS

Then on the left hand side you'll see Webextra, click on it

Before it was taken off, it was the first story listed above the spider story. Now it's not there anymore and the spider story is the first story.

I called the news channel before I called the Phoenix Fire Department. The guy I spoke to in the news room told me he didn't know about the story and the guy who's doing it wasn't in the office so I left him a message and I hope to hear back from him tomorrow. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if it airs at 10 or not. If not, they've got some explaining to do...

I have every right to contact people and ask about UFOs. I'm not breaking the law. This is the United States for crying out loud. *wait a second*

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I have a screen capture of the story...I'll upload it to a site and post back in a few seconds with the link

Michelle

Ok, here's the link...i'm new to posting images...so not sure if this will work!

News Story

[edit on 20-2-2008 by Michelle129]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Hey man, I wasn't saying that you were doing anything wrong. Quite the contrary really. I actually want to know, I think its funny as all heck.

RRiiinngggg...... RRiiiinngggg.....

"Pheonix Fire Dapartment...."

" Hi, I wanted to talk to whomever is in charge of UFO contingency plans..."

"Ummmm, Excuse me?"

" Yeah, I saw that the local news is doing a story on your plans for UFO contact, wanted some info...."

" Hold on sir....(long pause) .. Hello? Sir? I'm placing you on hold for a minute. Not to trace your call or anything, haha, no , I'm just kidding...."

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
haha!

This is actually how it went...

ME: ring ring...hello there is a story posted on abc15.com which talks about Phoenix Valley fire fighters being trained to deal with possible UFO landings. (proceeded to talk her through to view it for herself on her computer there which took a long time because her computer was slow).

HER: let me put you on hold I'll ask someone.

ME: OK.

10 minutes later HER: I don't know what that is. I asked the Phoenix Homeland Security Manager and he doesn't know either.

ME: OK thanks. Can I please talk to the Security Homeland Manager?

HER: uhhhh no, I just asked him and he was on his way to a meeting. I'll forward you to his voice mail.

ME: OK. (left him a voice mail)

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Ok, I posted my screenshot above of the story...but are you guys sure it's not working for you?

Using the OP's link I can still access the story. But only through his link, not when I try going through the news--webextra links

Michelle

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Thanks, but you don't seem to understand what I'm saying. The link still works, but if you go to Webextras it's not there anymore so the only way to view the story is by clicking on the link posted in the first post of this thread.

Understand now? Just want to make sure we're all on the same page.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
As a former Firefighter with the Clark County, NV Fire Authority and a lateral with Los Angeles Fire, I can tell you I have heard absolutely nothing regarding any of this. I have friends in the Mesa Fire Department, AZ and will try contacting them to verify. But I personally have never had any training, nor was it ever mentioned in the academy regarding "hosing" E.T.s......SWWWIIIIIISHHHH....."ahhhhrrghhh"...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join