It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on the mark of the beast

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It will be interesting or horrifying to see how this is actually played out. It may very well be that a person will be known by their genetic code. Advanced technologies may be able to scan our DNA to see that we are on the list in able to buy and or sell. This may also have something to do with a cashless credit and debit system, along with civilian rights to be in that area and country. Rationing may be one of the main reasons also. People who are genetically inferior and or mentally ill will probably be refused. This may all be due to a near global extinction event that may happen every so many thousands of years.

Religious beliefs to refuse these markings or tags may just be another excuse to deny people human rights.

Still, bringing up oil is interesting due to it having probably been part of the beast that was as in fossil fuel and it's economic and psychological affect on us. Other stories supposedly claim people were implanted with some type of device in their foreheads through their nose. (sci-fi Movie series:Taken)

Alien implants: truthseekersmidlands.tripod.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Honestly I think the Mark of the Beast would be a universal computer chip. That's just my somewhat educated guess. I mean if you were annointed into Satanism I guess it would be one.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
Abraham too, Moses, Elijah, Daniel, Isaiah, not to mention Jesus. All of them being circumcised, going to hell on finnegan's command, while Hitler and the pope sits in heaven with their foreskins glued to their foreheads rejoicing over the rightiousness of God.

I don't command anyone to do anything. They wouldn't go to hell according to the bible because they don't worship an animal god.

Circumcision is a cure against smegma and fongus. Common in the Middle-East because of the warm and dense climate. It can lead to infections in the vagina and turn a woman barren. Just what was the deal with Sarah. God treated Abraham for an afliction, and made it a pact for all of the children of Abraham.

This is about the silliest thing I've ever heared. Are you an anti-semite, finnegan? Or just plain and simply ignorant.

I would prefer not to put bad connotations on bible theory. I've never spoke any evil against circumcision or jewish people. I'm not ignorant either so I'll need some other options.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by finnegan
They didn't actually do full circumcisions at that time. It was the romans that started that later.

LOL. So the Romans circumcised their children now? Hey, get real. Abraham was the first to be circumcised among the Jews. And Jesus was circumcised according to the Law:

Genesis 17:10 "This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised."

Leviticus 12:3 "On the eighth day the boy is to be circumcised."

Luke 2:21 "On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise him, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he had been conceived."

The Romans have never practiced circumcision.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

[edit on 9/4/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

I was wrong about Roman circumcision, think I got confused. But the point I was trying to make was that they only clipped the end of the foreskin at the time of the bible. It was later that they took it all the way back.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The Law of circumcision is thousands of years old. And they took all of it. The foreskin, not just the ring. A sharp stone isn't exactly a precision instrument, read Josvah 5.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
If the world has not persecuted you, you have the "mark of the beast". So look at your forehead. You can even do a comparison, one from a baby and now.

The mark existed in ancient times so it is not a new concept. There are false marks also. The kingdom of heaven was stolen a very long time ago, a fact, the devil does not like to be reminded of. Whether marked or not God will determine and separate the chaff from the wheat. Also, those who call on the name of Jesus will be saved.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Good luck with that. You must still drink the offered cup if you follow the law (the mark itself, Easter and Sunday worship), venerate the name (the Babylonian Zodiac with Draco/the Dragon sitting on the throne in the temple of heaven) or worship the image (TV) of the beast (the world empires being the seven heads and the ten horns, the pope being the false prophet) that has life in it and can even speak. Good luck. I'd rather go for Passover, Sabbath and not being a TV slave.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

The peri'ah, which was the complete removal, was instituted in the 2nd century.
link

the Rabbis, probably after the war of Bar Kokba (see Yeb. l.c.; Gen. R. xlvi.), instituted the "peri'ah" (the laying bare of the glans),

Bar Kokhba

Bar Kokhba revolt (132–135)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Revelation 13 explains that the mark of the Beast, a brand of disobedience to God, is taken upon the hand and the forehead. Just as disobedience is described as worn upon the hand and forehead, so also is obedience to God’s law. Notice Deuteronomy 6. “Now these are the commandments, the statutes, and the judgments which the Lord your God commanded to teach you, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go to possess it: That thou mightest fear the Lord thy God, to keep all his statutes and commandments… And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes” (vv. 1–2, 8, KJV). The hand is symbolic of actions, while the forehead is the seat of intellect. Obedience to God involves both actions (hand) and will (forehead).

The mark of the Beast is a brand of disobedience to God. Not only must this involve rejection of God’s sign of obedience, the Sabbath, but also the acceptance of a counterfeit sign or mark. This mark is, in reality, a brand deriving from Babylon and Rome. Is there such a symbol that has come all the way down to modern times?

www.tomorrowsworld.org...

This is your answer. The mark is NOT keeping Sabbath and the holy days. A sign of disobedience to God's will........

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by finnegan

The peri'ah, which was the complete removal, was instituted in the 2nd century.
link

the Rabbis, probably after the war of Bar Kokba (see Yeb. l.c.; Gen. R. xlvi.), instituted the "peri'ah" (the laying bare of the glans),

Bar Kokhba

Bar Kokhba revolt (132–135)

There have been about as many methods of circumcision as there has been mothers, priests or rabbis to perform it. From cutting it off with a sharp stone to biting it off. To say that they started to cut all of it in 200 AD is rediculous. The text simply says they turned a certain method into an official rabbinical doctrine.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
This is your answer. The mark is NOT keeping Sabbath and the holy days. A sign of disobedience to God's will........

What you quoted was the exact same thing I wrote, only I limited myself to Passover and the Sabbath. In Deuteronomy, which was written long after the four former books of the Torah, as a summary of the Torah, the whole Law of Moses is likened with a mark on your forehead and your hand. Today Rabbis all over the world carry a token in between their eyes or on the hand, where the essence of the Law is written down on a piece of paper. But originally only Passover and Sabbath observance was concidered a mark on your forehead and hand, in that "you shall follow these laws" (the action -- the hand) and "you shall remember why" (memory -- the forehead).

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
mark - charagma in greek

The Greek word for "Mark" in the eight occurrences in Revelation, is the Greek word `charagma' (Strong's G5480) which means an etching or a badge of servitude.

forehead
metopon - From meta and ops (the face)

meta

The prefix comes from the Greek preposition and prefix meta- (μετά) which meant "after", "beside", "among", "with"

The term meta also refers back to Roman Times. A "meta" was a structure mounted on the ends of the central spina in Roman chariot races. In many of the Romance languages, the term "meta" is basically an aim or goal. Roman Charioteers would aim their chariots for this pole-like structure during their races, in order to stay on track.
ops

Ops, more properly Opis, (Latin: "Plenty") was a fertility deity

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
In response to your question,

Originally posted by Darksiderider316
Could the mark of the beast be the anointing of oil?
As I understand it annointing is done by the right hand to the forehead. Presumably this would be for people that are sick and in need of a blessing, but could it have a more sinister use/meaning to it.

This would be a part of it as anointing oil was used after circumcision to keep the wound clean and there were spices added to it to act as natural antibiotics.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
How about money, given noone can sell or buy without the mark?

Modern money is made of paper for the most part, and the technique used to print them involves a graven negative plate. It is on our hand (action) and on our foreheads (conceousness). The traditional denominations are based on the Roman numeral system:

1+5+10+50+100+500=666

Back in time money had it's value from gold. One pound or one dollar was exchangable in a certain amount of gold. However, modern money is a mere illusion of value, the amount of money in circulation is what names it's value. Most monatary systems in this world is now connected up to the value of the dollar. But I still don't see how it fits with the rest of the prophecy. One thing I do know however, is that it has nothing to do with the pact of Abraham, may God bless him.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Genesis 17:14
And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

Uncircumsised men were cut off from society, not allowed to buy and sell, but on their own. Women were only allowed to buy and sell after they were married to a man of society, and recieved a ring on their right hand.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The mark of "the beast", is NOT the mark of God. This is obvious, but, is often overlooked. It can not be both. The title itself says mark of... "the beast". It happens when you learn the truth about the world and how it is controlled. It is not a ritual or a mark of tradition or custom. The "beast" is the world system under the authority of Satan. The fact is, the majority of people worship the beast, knowingly and unknowingly.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siren
The mark of "the beast", is NOT the mark of God.

"Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

"Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."

Why the heck doesn't that trespassing Caesar keep his hands out of my pocket?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join