It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

antartic giant sea spiders, new species?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
here's yahoo news video, lots of strange creatures too
cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com...
here's news
www.news.com.au...
here's picture (maybe)
intersting thing 'bout this marine arachnoid is that most of its organs are in the legs, like the gonads (or the sex thingy)
lots of sci-fi films and novels features spider-like being as the "alien attackers", maybe because of its scary shape and monster like characteristics and mobility. spiders are my personal phobia.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Oh great, yet another thing to blame on Global Warming.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'm amazed at how graceful their movement is. The fact that such complex organisms can exists in such a cold environment will always boggle my mind.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
G'mornin'. Not to split hairs here, but wouldn't a requirement to be an arachnid be to have 8 legs? This creature seems to have 10, or if the pic were a little more wide angle, possibly 12 legs. I believe that would put it in the lobster family.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Larry L]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
It is not a spider. It is a scorpion, which is however an underclass of the arachnids. Although most scorpions also have 8 leggs some of them have more.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by beastamerica

it only has 8 legs ffs...4 feelers, and an extension of the "main body"(if u can call it that...)

its main body looks hollow...glass like...it would be very interesting to find out what the basis for this life for is, whether its carbon or......

there's allways hope

[edit on 24-2-2008 by Infadel]

top topics

join