It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Brutality or Slip and Fall?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Actually it just now hit me....

Would the women be willing to come on to ATS and this thread to discuss her version of the events? I know I would love to hear directly from her about what happened after the camera went off, what was said, etc etc.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I want to give the Officer the benefit of the doubt, but he turned the camera off! Why would he turn the camera off if not to hide something. This one smells.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I used to respect police officers, but now days you must use extreme caution when around cops, because they will strait up kill you for fun. They love tasering people (to death), shooting old ladies in the face with rubber buckshot, pepper spraying infants ect ect ect.

I for one am sick of it. Every day it is a new police brutality story.

So for all the police officers in here, please tell us what happened to protect and serve?

Do you all realize that these jack booted policies you all are pushing will be used on your families too?

How are you going to feel when your elderly mother or grand mother gets hauled downtown, and strip searched by male officers because she forgot to renew her drivers licence? How bout when your teenaged kid gets tazed to death at a party because they were in a house where under age drinking was going on.

What goes around comes around. Unless you don't give a rip about anyone else including your own family you all better get your stuff together, and have a little respect for human dignity.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I'll try to find out more info as soon as possible. I'm not sure if this info has been on the news or not but her lawyer pointed out that the policeman keeps looking at his hands, I think five times, after he turns the camera back on.
Hmmm.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

I gave your post a star first off.

I could not agree more with what you are saying,

I watched this training video for the police
the other day and they encouraged the officers
to do this sort of thing to people.

The crap is going to hit the fan someday and
we are all gonna pay big time in this country.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

The only time i have ever been "roughed up" Was when i was 16 and walking around at like 3am. A female cop flew up on me and grabbed me and slammed my face on the car hood a few times.

When she got the call that they had caught the rapist that she thought i might have been (guess i fit the description) She apologized and told me who/what she thought i was , And that the guy had raped a 70+ year old lady and truthfully i understood and kinda thought that she was kinda easy on me . As if it was me finding someone that very well could have raped a 70+ y.o. lady They probably would have been worse off .

Well, by that logic, maybe we should start rounding up people in the streets and executing them. I'm sure there would be a few murderers and rapists in there.

[edit on 2/20/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Maybe he went and had a manicure while the woman beat herself up, you ever think of that?

I've always advised caution around police. It just makes sense to be careful about what you do or say around people who carry an arsenal of weapons on their waist. You wouldn't go talking smack about Batman to his face would you? And that's exactly what most police think they are, Batman. Except sometimes they're 50s smiley batman who cracks jokes and ties up bad guys. Sometimes they're Dark Night Returns Batman who wouldn't think twice about pummeling a guy (or girl) just to make a point.

I've lived in the ghetto most of my life, and can tell you for a fact that the police were not there to help us. They were there to keep us in our place so we wouldn't spread to the decent parts of the city. I've seen people walk away with beatings worse than this and never charged. And complaints disappear like a fart in the wind when they come from certain people.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

He was probably looking to see if he'd gotten all of her blood off of them. What a creep. I hope they send the jerk to prison. There's only one reason you turn off a camera that is designed to protect you from false accusations.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
What a dirt bag what kind of man hits a woman,much less handcuffed the epitome of sissyness,he should be in jail,him turning camera off only justify's charges against him,but true story had she been black we would never hear the end of this,I think that lady will win a large lawsuit against the police department and him as well,hope she leaves him penniless

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sleuth

No, actually, he was looking to see if there were any cuts on his hands. He could explain away the blood on his hands, but not cuts and swollen knuckles. Trust me on this.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Here's an update from local news

Fired officer faces other allegations of excessive force
www.shreveporttimes.com.../20080220/NEWS03/302200001

for some reason the link is not working right, cut and paste the article ID and it works just fine

A series of shootings in which police killed suspects, some of whom weren’t armed, prompted a call for a closer look at the Police Department.

I completely forgot about those shootings.

Shreveport Blacks protest White police officers' shooting of unarmed Black man - Law & Justice - Shreveport, Louisiana
findarticles.com...

There has also been a number shootings at police as well

Shreveport, La., Officer Shot Day After Cop Killed in New Orleans
www.policelink.com...

The suspect was caught later but two more shootings followed, including a cop car's window being shot out while on an interstate this month.

So its been crazy.
Not to mention the whole nukes and B-52s at Barksdale AFB too.

[edit on 20/2/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted (I checked but couldn't find it).

Police Interview Video

He does look like he's been pretty rough, especially around 56 seconds, and he doesn't look in much of a hurry to get help for her.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by dave_the_rave]

[edit on 20-2-2008 by dave_the_rave]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Dude learn to read. I wont be coming back to argue with you . You obviously don't have emotions and or don't think others do. Your trying to take emotions out of the equation . So i guess you will never understand.

If someone raped your mom would you come in here all happy and cheerful ?
Just another day?

Are you on anti-depressants? . They tend to block allot of your emotions .

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

Dude learn to read.

Did I misread something? It's possible. Please point it out so I can correct myself.

You obviously don't have emotions and or don't think others do. Your trying to take emotions out of the equation . So i guess you will never understand.

If you are wearing a shield, you don't have the luxury of emotion until after the job is done, lest you make rash decisions that get the wrong people killed.

If someone raped your mom would you come in here all happy and cheerful ?

I never said that. But I would make sure I had the right person before I started applying 1001 torture techniques from around the globe.

Are you on anti-depressants? . They tend to block allot of your emotions .

Quite depressed actually, take a look at the world.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

From the article in the funky Shreveport link you posted:

An unrelated lawsuit, filed in Caddo District Court in 2006 by Shreveporter Darlene Atkins, alleges Willis put his gun to the head of her son Dillon Freeman in 2005.
Atkins said Willis threatened to shoot Freeman if family members came closer to the pair. Her lawsuit states the incident happened after Willis pursued Freeman, who was riding a scooter, to the family’s home.

Another lawsuit filed in 2006 alleges Willis arrested Shreveporter Tomeka Bush and had her car seized as retaliation for a complaint filed against him about the incident involving Freeman. Bush’s lawsuit says she’s related to Atkins and Freeman.

The lawsuit states video shot by Willis’ patrol car camera was available to the Police Department for review. Bush said the department investigated but didn’t discipline Willis.

The city has denied Willis acted inappropriately. Both lawsuits are pending. Shreveport attorney Ree Casey, who represents Atkins, said she is still researching the issues and hasn’t talked to Bush.
Source | The Shreveport Times | Fired officer faces other allegations of excessive force

Sounds like this is a systemic problem as well.

"The Blue Code of Silence."

Beating the crap out this hand-cuffed woman, off camera, exceeded even what this department was comfortable with sweeping under the rug, I hope they all pay dearly.

It sounds like firing this jerk may have eventually saved someone's life farther down the road.

This puffed-up punk/bully was a loose cannon, and it's a good thing he was canned.

I wonder on who's police force he'll wind up next?

He looks to be a good candidate for a Blackwater recruit.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
reply to post by benign.psychosis

I should have known that at least one poster would say something as outrageous and silly as this: ' Maybe she beat herself.." That sounds like the ravings of some demented Nazi stormtrooper who would support the thug pigs no matter what they do. Sick, sick sick. Shame on you for even alleging that could be possible, much less likley. No way, no how.

I always get some odd responses from your skewed frame of reference.

What I said was:

There is no proof that the woman did not hit herself.

Be my guest though - continue going around pushing your cop hating agenda and looking at the world through a screen of bias.

It is very unethical behavior.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The FBI is now involved, this guy could now face jail time. Hopefully there will be justice.

Feds step in as police union disputes firing
www.shreveporttimes.com.../20080221/NEWS01/802210344

add the article ID to the link, for some reason the ATS doesn't like the Shreveport Times' links.

[edit on 21/2/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The injuries are consitant with a fall injury. The black eyes usually appear after breaking your nose. Those pictures of her after was atleast 1-2 days after.

By no way am I saying the cop is innocent but she did have cuffs on behind her so if she got up or if he pushed her she is going to face plant especially being a little drunk.

Imho.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

off topic/

Hi Mike,

If you use the little "globe" tool:

...it allows you to post links of any size and they won't be truncated.

This tool gives you a series of two fields to enter information:

The first:

...allows you to input the text you want to use to display the link, in this case, "The Shreveport Times."

And the second field:

...is where the actual url is input.

This process allows for a short link like this:

The Shreveport Times

Rather than a truncated link like this:

www.shreveporttimes.com.../20080221/NEWS01/802210344

I copy the url first before clicking the "globe" and then type the link name in the first field, and paste in the url on the second field.

You can also edit the link name once the BB code is displayed in the "post reply" field.

Hope you find that info helpful.

on topic/

From the above link(s):

Willis was terminated for violation of departmental policies. At least one other officer was disciplined for his actions during the incident.

It hasn't been released, to my knowledge, the particular departmental policies for which he was fired, but speculation would seem to suggest that he was sacked for his failure to protect the suspect in his custody from harm, rather than his possible culpability in the injuries she sustained while the camera was turned off.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I majored in criminal justice while in college. I made straight As and Bs and learned the material well. Learning what I did made me reconsider/have doubts about my decision to go into law enforcement.

Many of my professors were former police officers.

Recording classes (I have disabilities and would record class) was met with somewhat hostility when one professor discovered it. I just did it for note taking because I have bad wrists and writing a lot causes severe pain.

The professors taught us not to rat on each other. That was the way it is. I forget at the moment what they called it (they have a term for it), but the definition of the term was to basically always side with your fellow officers and not rat.

The professors were largely anti-gun in the extreme and believed no citizen needed to have a gun for any reason.

I pretty much had to pretend to agree with them to get my A's and B's. One reason among many that I dropped out of graduate school was because I got tired of pretending I believed a certain way just to get good grades.

The officer had a duty to secure her in a way to prevent her from being injured once in custody.

These incidents will probably become more and more frequent, although from my personal experience with police, they may have been frequent all along.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join