It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whassup?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Is it just me or ...
I've been on these threads long enough to see a pattern of...
nothing.
What I do see is many seemingly decent, reliable people coming forward more and more, with these outrageous tales of...things that fly.
There are stories of abduction, sightings, close encounters, third hand stories, first hand, terrifying experience, even horrific exams and other sorts of diabolica.
Why are these people saying these things if there wasn't a shred of truth to their experience?
For the greatest part, they have much to lose and nothing to gain.
Why would anybody come forward with these stories?
For my part, I have seen things that I don't understand, I'm confused as to the nature of them, but I do know that I spent 6 years of my life in Uncle Sams Canoe Club (U.S.N.) thinking I may find out what the hay those things were.
I got more questions.
You will probably want to call me naive, simple, stupid even. That's O.K.
I WANT to be able to trust my government.
I can't.
Instead of trying to figure out what we are seeing, maybe we should look at what those of us that have seen something have in common.
SAY IT LOUD

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
why arent you asking why they are choosing online public forums to make their claims...

how serious can you take things you read online?

they are all coming forward, because behind the veil of anononimity, they can make any claim they want without "insane" being stampped on the forehead.
suppose these "coming forward" threads were actually not threads, but a meeting in person with a group of people, say in a public library or on a podium in a local mall,
most people [if not all] would slowly back out of the room and call mental health authorities or the police; for good measures. someguy says he can talk to ETs and has visions or they hear voices in his head telling them the future, and how to prevent it, any parent in their right mind would get their kids away from that person right away. so you see online; especially here on ATS, the place where i used to browse for credible news and account on ufo paranormal, is just a flocking ground for people who watch too much sci fi movies, and/or dont have jobs with too much spare time.

and then They want you to ask them questions about their "experience" so they can continue to spin their web of deceipt. It's all about keeping you involved and continuing the whirlpool spin to boost their self esteem, or whatever it is that makes them feel special and have special powers and ETs choose them as if they are "the one"
and in the end there's no proof and the whole thing blows over, and 2 weeks later, another thread on ET psychics pops up, and another thread like this one [this very thread] ends up 3 rows down.
and the cycle continues.

theres no light at the end of the tunnel... because we are trapped in a bubble... the tunnel is not really a tunnel.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

nothing.

ok, what is your idea to change this ?

Why would anybody come forward with these stories?

i would think they would to make other people aware of whats going on and to see if anyone else has had a similar experience ?

Instead of trying to figure out what we are seeing, maybe we should look at what those of us that have seen something have in common.

trying to figure out what we are seeing produces quantifiable results to somehow help the cause of disclosure...imho

how would you investigate what we have in common ? not sure how much would be achieved by this

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm kind of a dolt when it comes to cut&paste but I'm really trying.

#1Your comment about change ATS; I don't want to. This forum gives me an outlet.
I always thought we were about the free exchange...etc.
#2The idea was to understand why do people come forward, knowing they will face ridicule of one form or another.
#3 Just a question. I've seen things. Maybe there's something there.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

#1Your comment about change ATS; I don't want to.

i didnt want you to change ATS...lol...

nothing.

ok, what is your idea to change this ?

i meant how can you change the " pattern of nothing "

1 example would be to start a thread that would conform to your ideas of conclusion.

#3 Just a question. I've seen things. Maybe there's something there.

care to share what you have seen ?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Of course there is something there, its the folks who see nothing who claim there is not, i think the reason people come here and places like this to put their stories is because it is an invitation to do so.

Claiming they only do it is to be more important and be special and the chosen one, that only works with a real name and a face doesn't it? myself i have nothing to prove to anyone been there saw it wasn't a plane i shall wait until they want us to know.

Believe it or not there are a lot of extremley intelligent people who use ATS, not just joe bloggs, i know of at least two university profesors who use this site and have made claims, they dont need to feel important or special they have classes full of learners if they wanted that,

Point is just because your eyes have not seen it does not mean its not real, you cant see oxygen but you breath am i right?

This is not aimed at one individual but at the ones who shall enter this thread without a single thought for the truth just a good ole debunk because they can, and as usual all IMHO.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
What was meant by "pattern of nothing" was I don't see in any pattern in the witnesses.
I am not trained in anything spectacular. My education consists of the usual. I just want to know if there is anyone, maybe a degreed whatever, can shed light on the more innocuous witneses we've alll come to know and appreciate.
In reply to Azz:
We all get into our cars everyday, turn the key and expect a miracle.
We all know that it works.
How many of us know the details.
Or should you prefer, who amongst us can build a computer? My son can. But not from a pile of sand.
We take so much for granted.

top topics

join