It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Mohammed Hussein Obama -- obviously anyone can be president

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
good question....

It's funny how I"m not really bashing obama as much as stating my opinion... yet it's ok for democrats to bash the republicans until they are blue in the face... God Forbid someone has something to say or question in regards to the democrat candidates... sigh... it'll never ever change

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Nice site. The wording under the title tells us all we need to know.

Now on point: Please name for me any legislation Obama has introduced while a United States Senator.

This is an important indicator to a candidate's agenda. You may want to state his co-authorship on the bill I'm linking you to but I urge you to set me straight with his previous legislative initiatives.

www.nytimes.com...

Remember, voting on a bill is all well and good and does give an indication of a track record. However, you really need to actually vote for the rest of us to develop an opinion.

projects.washingtonpost.com...

Becker

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I agree with the OP that it is disturbing that Obama cannot be questioned about anything without the questioner being assumed to have a nefarious ulterior motive.

As far as his name, I feel that the average American has, at this point in time, heard his name so many times that it no longer sounds exotic or foreign as it may have a year ago. The attempts at smearing his name to make it appear that he is a secret muslim has failed miserably, as it should.

The thing that conerns me most was also pointed out by the OP. The overwhelming emotion shown by supporters upon hearing his oracles. This seemingly rapturous behavior, which causes Obama to appear to be a savior of sorts, doesn't appeal to me. Also, the constant praise by the media has turned me off. As a Democrat for many years I feel that I am being manipulated and cannot voice this concern without being severely judged. This may well be the first election I sit out in the past 20 years.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Wow, trying to mimic Chris Matthews huh? Original.

I'll tell you what, for some reason, that site I posted won't let me copy any of the text to show here on ATS, I stupidly figured that people here would actually take the time to read it; because even though the title says Obama instead of Clinton, that article actually gives the examples you're looking for, including that Obama has written and passed over 200 bills with the Illinois Senate. And yes, even examples.

Now, as far as his voting record go, I've actually already posted that here on AP, so it's no surprise for me. Here, I've got a link for you too

www.nytimes.com...

Might help you understand that whole pesky 'not voting' or 'present' vote.

[edit on 2/22/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I don't mean to split hairs with you Bert.

I actually did read your link. I do that before posting. I know it's a novel idea but I think out of fairness one should.

I actually don't put any weight in his time as an Illinois State Senator. That would be like me knowing the line-up for the Doulbe A affiliate of my beloved Red Sox.

I in turn, linked you to his voting record as a United States Senator, ya know, the Big Leagues. I was disappointed to say the least. Were you able to take a look at it?

I simply wanted you to address my question as opossed to a flippy retort.

Could you name a piece of legislation Obama has introduced as a United States Senator?

Just askin'

Becker

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
Tell me, why don't you actually research your statements before saying them? It would make sense.

Here's a little reading for you: thinkonthesethings.wordpress.com...

And believe it or not, there are other sites out there to learn from. Give 'em a try before you go throwing untrue posts around so casually.

You still havent answered even one of my questions and instead directed me to a cheap blog written by some Obama supporter for liberals about how bad Clinton is. I dont care about Clinton. I'm not even voting democrat!

Just like no Obama supporter can give a straight answer and more like no democrat can give a straight answer why your party still exists, when in 10 years the best you can come out with is some black muslim greenhorn who's done nothing or a crazy woman. Are the democrats so pathetic that they cant even muster a decent candidate ??

I dare you Obama licker's to prove rationally and substantially why Obama should be president or even a presidential candidate ?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Ok, so let me get this straight.

You read my posts and links, but are still pressing the same question, and doing the same thing Chris Matthews did? Riiiiight. Makes me wonder what question you would be asking over and over again had you not seen that video.

Perhaps if you would have actually read it, you would see that Obama has passed over 200 of his own bills including expanding the healthcare plan to more than 100,000 Illinois residents, a bill banning gifts and meals from lobbyists, a bill setting up more health centers for people, etc.

Don't know how you didn't see these things, but if I really need to point them out...

And, maybe you also missed the part where I said I've already reviewed and even posted his voting record. Well, there's a reminder for that too. If you have problems with a specific issue, be my guest to bring that up, but it might behoove you to read the very last link I just posted about voting 'present', which could fit in with the 'not voting' category.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

Same thing to you. Maybe if you actually READ what I posted there, you wouldn't be trying to copy Chris Matthews.

Yes, keep on laughing about the fact that you missed the entire point of the post.

And this quote just SCREAMS research:

when in 10 years the best you can come out with is some black muslim greenhorn who's done nothing

[edit on 2/22/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

First of all, I have given my family orders to shoot me in the head if I am ever caught watching Chris Matthews.

You've bought into the hope speech. It's OK really. I actually think your guy is going to win. I don't think the fossil can muster much of a charge against him.

All I want from you is to remain on this board so we can discuss your hopes and dreams philosophy next year.

I'm glad your basing your vote on a State Senate record. I'm also glad you base it on a wing and a prayer. Good luck with that!

Becker

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

You've got me wrong, Becker. I don't really buy into anything politicians say, but Obama comes across to me clearly as the candidate with the best character, and the best policies for the country as compared to anyone else who has a chance of winning.

Ever heard the term 'you can't sell a salesman'? 'Change' and 'hope' is basic marketing. I'm looking at everything.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

What makes you think I didnt read that "blog" about how evil Clinton is compared to Obama ? I did that's why I called it for what it was. Junk!

Even Barak Obama's website requires you to register to read what he's done and why he has any credibility!

Finally, you still havent answered anybody's questions as to why he's a credible candidate. Apparently, "encouraging" "promoting" and "bringing together" is all he has done, AKA nothing substantially different then what's the minimum required of him for all the money we taxpayers pay him for.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

it's actually quite easy to find out about obama's record

Here's a comprehensive look

there's the number for each bill so you can look at the exact text by going through the senate's website if you wish...

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101

What makes you think I didnt read that "blog" about how evil Clinton is compared to Obama ? I did that's why I called it for what it was. Junk!

Even Barak Obama's website requires you to register to read what he's done and why he has any credibility!

Finally, you still havent answered anybody's questions as to why he's a credible candidate. Apparently, "encouraging" "promoting" and "bringing together" is all he has done, AKA nothing substantially different then what's the minimum required of him for all the money we taxpayers pay him for.

I apparently can't talk to you because you're failing to see what I've been posting. Almost all the articles you'll find out there compare Obama to other candidates; however, believe it or not, they STILL offer good information. If you're looking for some kind of response like 'Obama is an angel because of this', you're not going to get one. There's no way I can answer your question in the way you're looking for. I'm going off of the news and research I've put in towards this election. If you're looking for specific legislatures, I've already said that, and shown where you can see them for yourself.

As far as the email address on Obama's website, if you knew ANYTHING about running a website or internet marketing, you'd know that that is actually very wise of him to do. If Hillary doesn't, or McCain doesn't, they're losing out and showing to me something that Obama is smarter about.

Now, answer my question as to why the blog is 'junk'.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neariah
His speeches are not to be compared to the great words of MLK , JFK, Lincoln and Eddison.

You.... You had me at Eddison. So where can I read his collected works?

McCain in '08! Because you don't have to be able to raise your arms to command an Army!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
And now, the images of a more Islamic, or at the very least, foriegn Obama are being circulated by Hillary's staff. I think we can all see where this is headed. Obama is the boogey man. Boo!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Hillary is nothing more than a snake in the grass. She is a downright liar, hypocrite, and a low-life. I can't believe the support she is getting after demonstrating her true character.

I watched the Texas debate last night, and she kept accusing Obama of wanting to leave out 15 million Americans for health care. Then, she used an example of a woman who came to her crying about her son not receiving a needed surgery because she didn't have health insurance.

Do you see the irony in that? She makes it sound as though under her plan the lady would be covered, which is true, but Hillary might as well have told her, 'Oh, you don't have health insurance. That's fine, because when I'm president, whether you can afford it or not, I'll FORCE you to get it.' I think there's probably a REASON why she doesn't have coverage. How misleading can someone get? Under BOTH of their coverages the sone would be covered, but she succeeds at making it sound like she would be their saviour.

Ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I just wanted to bump this to remind everyone that "Barack (Mohammed - made up) Hussein Obama" is the worst person on Earth and the majority of Republicans, Independents and Democrats in America that support him are just stupid.

Who needs change? I mean really. McCain has served this country honorably for 40 years. 40 YEARS PEOPLE! So, clearly he's got it right by now. He supports George W. Bush, who, "history will vindicate" proving to all of us normal people that hate his ass that we, the people, truly are just morons, and George W. Bush, the real genius of the 21 Century, is our Daddy.

It could happen. I mean it really could.

Every fiber of your being and brain could be wrong... and George Bush could be right! Vote McCain! He's kinda straight!

I mean, hugging the man that did robo-calls in SC saying McCain has a black baby proves he's not only straight, but he forgives complete asshats that ruin our country as long as they play ball. Kinda like those Commies that locked him in a tiger cage.

Drink in the hug with me. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Consider this a pre-emptive warning. I just buzzed your ass. Goose has target loaded behind me. Give up now, and I might let you tend my Camels.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What absurdity exists herein!

It is a despicable, troubling and not surprising news that Bill Cunningham, a pretty extreme conservative, decided to call him Barack Mohammed Hussein Obama. It is clearly intended to skew the perception of Barack to that of a muslim rather than an American. What is truly disgusting is the lack of integrity those like Sean Hannity show when they try to actually defend calling Barack by the name his father gave him at birth. Let's forget for a moment that Mohammed isn't even part of his full name, just the Hussein part. Do we go around calling John McCain by his full name? How about Hillary (no, rodham-clinton doesn't count because that's a last name, i'm talking about middle names). It is very, VERY clear that this was intended to get people to associate barack with our common enemy. Now everyone wants to talk about how that wasn't the intention, how democrats are over-reacting, and how the american people are too smart to fall for that anyway. Well my wife's elderly father lives in Indiana and can't stand Barack Obama. He argues that Mohammed IS infact part of the name his father gave him, he argues that he was named partly AFTER Saddam Hussein, he suggests that Barack is a closet Muslim. None of these things are true, as we all know. And despite the fact that conservatives SAY democrats are over reacting, the scam is working just fine in the heartland states.

I also want to address this ridiculous point that Barack isn't getting any heat in his campaign. He is constantly having to answer questions regarding his lack of experience, his religion, etc. Nobody is pressing on his policies because he doesn't have a Senate record to back anything up, so what is there to talk about? This will all change. Barack is already addressing the religious litmus test that Romney already had to jump through. It's disgusting that we require this of a president, to say he is a devout christian before we can trust him.

I just want to say that i'm not going to sit here and try to tell you about all the wonderful things Obama has done. I'm not going to do that not just because i can't name any, but because i don't care. Virtually every president is elected based on his CHARACTER and not his policies. If you don't believe me, look it up. GW was elected because people wanted to have a beer with the guy. Come on.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Neariah

You are one hateful, hateful person.
Shot in the dark here but, Ann Coulter....is that you posting?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Neariah

Hussein was Muhammad's grandson. He was killed on the plains of Karbala and Shi'ites honor this every year during ashura. Hussein's death was the biggest action that created the terrible rift between Sunni and Sia.

Barack (or Burak, Buraq) was the name of the winged horse like creature that carried Muhammad to Jerusalem on his night flight.

So Barack Obama was named after the winged horse, Muhammad's grandson, the Muslim prophet Muhammad........Naw. There is no Muslim ties here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join