It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machines 'to match man by 2029'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Machines 'to match man by 2029'

news.bbc.co.uk

Machines will achieve human-level artificial intelligence by 2029, a leading US inventor has predicted.

Humanity is on the brink of advances that will see tiny robots implanted in people's brains to make them more intelligent, said Ray Kurzweil.

The engineer believes machines and humans will eventually merge through devices implanted in the body to boost intelligence and health.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
only 20 more years and we will not have to commute to the office :-)

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
"We have only bits and pieces of information but what we know for certain is that at some point in the early twenty-first century all of mankind was united in celebration. We marveled at our own magnificence as we gave birth to AI.

A singular consciousness that spawned an entire race of machines. We don't know who struck first, us or them. But we know that it was us that scorched the sky. At the time they were dependent on solar power and it was believed that they would be unable to survive without an energy source as abundant as the sun. Throughout human history, we have been dependent on machines to survive. Fate it seems is not without a sense of irony.

The human body generates more bio-electricity than a 120-volt battery and over 25,000 BTU's of body heat. Combined with a form of fusion the machines have found all the energy they would ever need. There are fields, endless fields, where human beings are no longer born, we are grown. For the longest time I wouldn't believe it, and then I saw the fields with my own eyes. Watch them liquefy the dead so they could be fed intravenously to the living. And standing there, facing the pure horrifying precision, I came to realize the obviousness of the truth.

What is the Matrix? Control."

-- Morpheus, "The Matrix" trilogy.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

top topics

join