It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not another depression if we don't hear about it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The U.S. economy is faltering. Family debt is on the rise, benefits are disappearing, the deficit is skyrocketing, and the mortgage crisis has worsened. Conservatives have attempted to deflect attention from the crisis, by blaming the media’s negative coverage and insisting the United States is not headed toward a recession, despite what economists are predicting.

The Bush administration’s latest move is to simply hide the data.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Interesting tidbit over here about an economy monitoring website being shut down.

"Budgetary constraints"!

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

the site combines data collected by the Bureau of Economic Analysis, like GDP and net imports and exports, and the Census Bureau, like retail sales and durable goods shipments

From your source above. So even if that site goes down, one can still view all the information, they'll just have to go to the Census Bureau or the Bureau of Economic Analysis.

They are not making any information secret, they are just removing a site that links them all together. The Bush administration is not "hiding the data". Don't go thinking I like the guy, I just try to call things as I see them

Compare this to say - when the Fed stopped publishing the M3... that was hiding data.

Yes, our economy is being hit hard. I don't know what's wrong with people, it seems like the country has to be in total melt-down before they start becoming aware.
Maybe if they keep us entertained thoroughly for the next 10 years or so we'll forget what life used to be like when only one parent had to work, or that we used to live in houses - not tents. (Why isn't there a smiley face pounding his head against the wall... should get one...)

new topics

join