It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Mayor: U.S. 'resembling a third-world country'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

NYC Mayor: U.S. 'resembling a third-world country'

wcbstv.com

NEW YORK (CBS/AP) ― Mayor Michael Bloomberg has unleashed another flurry of jabs on Washington, ridiculing the federal government's rebate checks as being "like giving a drink to an alcoholic" on Thursday, and said the presidential candidates are looking for easy solutions to complex economic problems.

The billionaire and potential independent presidential candidate also said the nation "has a balance sheet that's starting to look more and more like a third-world country."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Heh-I'm starting to like this Bloomberg character. He seems to speak out loud what most of us are thinking. One of the few in the gov not kissing the Dictator's hiney.

wcbstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yeah, but the "like giving a drink to an alcoholic" statement bugs me. What do you make of it?

Giving money to struggling Americans is like giving a drink to an alcoholic? Sounds pretty demeaning to me. MSM would have you believe that most Americans are in debt because they have to buy the latest gadgets and a 50" t.v., etc. with a credit card, and there are those, of course. But I believe the majority of Americans are struggling to survive and keep their homes.

And verbally comparing them to alcoholics is an insult. And insinuates that Americans cannot govern themselves and instead need politicians to do it for them.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

I think he was more making an anology that these 'stimulus' checks are just feeding into the problem of reckless spending policies. I think it was more aimed at the government than the people. Probably a bad anology, but I think his head is in the right place.

top topics

join