It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI source: Hezbollah terror threat in the U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

FBI source: Hezbollah terror threat in the U.S.

www.homelandsecurityus.com

16 February 2008: Late yesterday, Northeast Intelligence Network director Doug Hagmann spoke with a well-placed FBI source who confirmed that the threat of terrorist attacks inside the U.S. by Hezbollah terrorist operatives living in America is currently at "an unprecedented level" The threat level has risen due to Tuesday's car-bomb assassination of Imad Mughniyah, a top Hezbollah leader.

According to this source, there are "literally hundreds, if not thousands of Hezbollah members with attack capabilities in the U.S., and tens of thousands more Hezbollah operatives who support the Muslim terrorist organization through financing and recruitment."

Following the death of Mughniyah, Hezbollah leaders urged members to avenge his death by attacking Jewish and American targets. While most U.S. intelligence officials believe the threat is greater to U.S. and Israeli assets abroad, the flurry of intelligence bulletins, confidential memos and warnings issued to law enforcement agencies across the U.S. indicate that there is more than an abundance of caution at play.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Comments on this news?

www.homelandsecurityus.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bayman

Must be a quiet day here. No comments on whether this is a real threat or more BS from our Gov't.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think it is when this will happen rather than if.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
how about some opinion from the OP ?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
"Following the death of Mughniyah, Hezbollah leaders urged members to avenge his death by attacking Jewish and American targets."

And whose fault is it that the U.S. borders are open to these attacks?

Give me a break. The U.S. government can't have it both ways. Either they leave the borders wide open so there will be a terrorist attack on U.S. soil... or they close them.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hesbola knows they would be dead minutes after an attack on the main land U.S. We would let the Israelis run over Lebanon and we being the U.S. and NATO would crush Iran and Syria. Americans would round up Arabs in the states and well that wouldn't be pretty.
Doug Hagman is not making money unless he is talking like this. Not that he is not telling the truth. Hesbola is getting ready for an attack on Israel that we know, But the U.S.? Time will tell. It would be a huge mistake on their part.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Everyone be ready for possible attacks from Hezbollah!!!!! What a joke. Why is the FBI suddenly switching over to Hezbollah all of a sudden. Where are all the Al-Qaeda potential threats?
With no evidence or suggestions of Hezbollah threats, where is the justification? Who are the 18000 law enfocement officials that received this bulletin? What is in this great "intelligence" bulletin? It is funny how we never seem to get the real information that is behind these so called threats. Once again, we are never given the full story from the agencies that are meant to protect us. As far as I am concerned, this is just another disinfo tactic used by the FBI and every other security agency in this country.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

I just cannot take that site seriously. I have seen their "news" reports pop up on other site and they are pure speculation and conjecture. Their stories see, to consist of alot of fear-mongering.

Hezbollah would not be dumb enough to attack the US. That would solidify support for the US and they have no chance of winning that fight. Now attacking Israel is different. Outside of the US, support for Israel seems to be waning, and they to be pushing things a bit too far.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
From an article in today's LA Times:

One prominent Lebanese American cautioned against an overreaction. Osama Siblani, president of the Arab American Political Action Committee in Dearborn, said Nasrallah's threats were directed at Israel, not the United States.

Siblani also said that though many Lebanese in the United States supported Hezbollah's political and social welfare efforts, "they would not tolerate or support any activities of Hezbollah inside the United States. This is our home."

Siblani said: "I think the FBI is expected to do whatever they can to make our country safer. They are trying to do their job.

"But if they start rounding up people because they are Lebanese, that is collective punishment, and we will not tolerate it."

In the past, Hezbollah has not launched any attacks in the United States. The two FBI officials and other experts said Friday that they believed that was because the organization had raised so much money here from supporters of its political and social services efforts in Lebanon that it did not want to risk stepped-up enforcement actions.
Source | LATimes | FBI warns of possible Hezbollah revenge in U.S.

Apparently, due to the reasons mentioned above, it's unlikely there will be an attack in the US.

But being on a heightened level of alert would appear to be a prudent course of action, so long as the FBI doesn't use this as a pretext for the wholesale round-up of Lebanese-Americans.

Then we'll have a problem.

An attack on Zionist interests in Israel is, IMO, much more likely.

The article also mentions:

Mughniyah, the former Hezbollah security chief and military commander, was one of the world's most wanted fugitives, accused by the United States and other nations of masterminding attacks that killed hundreds of Americans in Lebanon in the 1980s. Mughniyah also was in charge of international operations for Hezbollah, and in that capacity was believed to have inspired tremendous loyalty from a large number of operatives, fundraisers and supporters in Europe, the United States, Southeast Asia, West Africa and South America.
Source | LATimes | FBI warns of possible Hezbollah revenge in U.S.

Frankly, no one but supporters of Hezbollah are going to shed any tears over this guy's assassination, but they do have the ability to strike back.

And they blame Zionist Israel first and foremost for the bombing.

With that in mind, I suppose Israeli interests in Europe, the United States, Southeast Asia, West Africa and South America should all be on alert.

It's unfortunate the US is such a strident supporter of the racist regime running Israel.

We should cut them off and let them sink or swim on their own, IMHO.

[edit on 16-2-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by palehorse23
reply to post by Sky watcher

... Why is the FBI suddenly switching over to Hezbollah all of a sudden...

Because now the primary threat is from big/bad Iran.

Hezbollah is closely aligned with Syria and Iran. Is it not? Seriously, that is a question but I do think it is accurate.

It's like a shell game. Where's the enemy? Wherever the PTB put it. Not to mention we'll lose our money every time, just like in the real game.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

According to this source, there are "literally hundreds, if not thousands of Hezbollah members with attack capabilities in the U.S.

If this is true why hasn't the government been searching for them?? Aren't we presently in a "war on terror". Why have they been allowed to freely move around in our country??

I guess the fear of Al-Qaeda must be wearing off with the masses. Time to pick a new group for a while. Maybe after a few months of Hezbollah induced fear they will try to blind side us with Al-Qaeda again to really keep us confused and afraid.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

According to this source, there are "literally hundreds, if not thousands of Hezbollah members with attack capabilities in the U.S., and tens of thousands more Hezbollah operatives who support the Muslim terrorist organization through financing and recruitment."

That's a bit of a stretch! I'm sure if that were the case, with evidence to back it up, the authorities would have been rounding them up a long time ago. No, it's better to make a sweeping statement and let the people know that if there's a Lebanese neighbour, he's likely a terrorist or at the very least a terrorist sympathiser / financier.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
*Snooooore*

Fearmongering at its lowest. Whoever made this announcement is counting on the reader knowing absolutely nothing about Hezbollah other than "bad guys."

They could at least give us some credit if they're going to lie to us.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Well, this could be the catalyst that the Powers That Be need to start their false flag operation, which will lead directly to Martial Law. It's a far shot, of course, but it's still a possibility. Do I believe it? No, not really, but I'll bear it in mind. I've seen stranger things happen.

This is MY OPINION though: If Hezbollah attacks US soil at all, their existence, if you could even call it that, would be nullified within a few months. Israel would own all of Lebanon, Syria, and have eyes on Iran faster than we can take a shower. Hezbollah only thinks that they know what war is. If they attack the US, a completely different kind of war will erupt.

At least that's my projection.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Russia is building ports in Syria and have people in the Iranian nuclear plant. If the US/Israel strikes both without any provocation, Russia will be very pissed off, that, Kosovo and the anti-missile shield in the same week, it's a little too much.

join