It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO seen Oregon...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
UFO Spotted tonight! My nephew has spotted a UFO approximately 1:15AM Pacific time and watched it for 45 minutes before it seemed to land in the South Western sky. Location Springfield, Oregon. I am typing out this for him as he described it to me over the phone just after it happen. Object looked more celestial, like a glowing orb or plasma like. Pulsing multi colors red, blue, yellow, white mainly. At time is would stay all Blue then start over the pattern red, blue, yellow, white. The height of the object appeared to be approximately 400ft-1000 Ft or lower at one point. It Swirled around in a zigzag motion. We believe there is more then one, as the digital camera picked up more oddities on the ground as well. Object moved slowly and had no noise. We are getting the photos off the camera now and I will be posting them soon as possible.

[edit on 16-2-2008 by sean]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
cool, cant wait to see the pics!
it was only 400ft hight at one point, thats great. was he far or was it directly over head?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Sorry it took so much time. We had to install the drivers for camera for photo extraction and upload to photo bucket. There are 5 photos JPEG raw right from the camera nothing changed, but the file names themselves. I have been viewing them under a editing program to enhance the gamma and brightness 2-5 shows quite interesting stuff, photo 1 shows same shape as the street light in 3-4 different locations 2 in the sky one on the sidewalk. I am aware cameras do this and it shows it in picture 1 as a classic example, but it doesn't explain the reason what they saw in the first place enough to break out the camera. Photo 5 is on maximum zoom capability of the camera, Camera is quite a expensive 35mm digital unit with telephoto up to 70mm I believe. Looks like a older 35mm with zoom lens only it's digital. Crazy stuff int he skies tonight. here are the originals hopefully you more savvy people can enhance them.

P.S Any other questions you need answered I can pass it on to my nephew or try to answer it. Enjoy! And good night! ZZZZ

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Oh before I head to bed some pics do show peoples homes on the ground if you crank up the gamma kind give you a layout of the area it was taken in. They watched this for 45 minutes as it drifted off over the mountain and they said, (my niece and 2 nephews, friends 1 or 2) it looked like it landed near the jasper school area. No way to drive there or investigate late at night. I may go out there myself for a drive and have a look around. They say that it did a lot more dazzling things then what the photos show. Some say it looked like a angel some said it looked like a fire phoenix with wings when it was red colored.
I sure wish I could of seen it. I live 5 minutes away and rushed outside as I was on the phone to see if I could capture something myself but saw nothing. It's perfectly clear out and nippy frost out.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Those look exactly like the stephenville lights. Were the lights forming a big string or is that just due to the long exposure of the camera?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Interesting find

I wonder what it is? I think for the time being we can rule out Skydivers with some kind of flare attached to them, because look at the colours...? What kind of flare would produce something like that?

Anyway i agree, they do look like the Stephenville Lights. Could it be gas of somekind? Lets see what the other ATS members say?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by broli
Those look exactly like the stephenville lights. Were the lights forming a big string or is that just due to the long exposure of the camera?

Exposure time: 2 seconds.

Camera: Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z6
Lens: 5.9 mm (35 mm equivalent: 35 mm)
(Max aperture f/2.8)
Exposure: Auto exposure, Program AE, 2 sec, f/2.8, ISO 160
Flash: Auto, Did not fire
Date: February 16, 2007 1:30:32AM (timezone not specified)
(1 year, 4 hours, 12 minutes, 10 seconds ago, assuming an image timezone of US Pacific)

File: 768 × 1,024 JPEG
192,761 bytes (0.18 megabytes) Image compression: 92%

Brightness Value -6
Color Space sRGB
Components Configuration YCbCr
Compression JPEG (old-style)
Contrast Normal
Create Date 2007:02:16 01:30:32
1 year, 4 hours, 12 minutes, 10 seconds ago
Custom Rendered Normal
Date/Time Original 2007:02:16 01:30:32
Digital Zoom Ratio 0
Exif Image Size 2,816 × 2,112
Exif Version 0220
Exposure Compensation 0
Exposure Mode Auto
Exposure Program Program AE
Exposure Time 2
F Number 2.8
Flash Auto, Did not fire
Flashpix Version 0100
Focal Length 5.9 mm
Focal Length In 35mm Format 35 mm
Gain Control High gain up
ISO 160
Image Description KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
Interoperability Index R98 - DCF basic file (sRGB)
Interoperability Version 0100
Light Source Unknown
Make KONICA MINOLTA
Max Aperture Value 2.8
Metering Mode Multi-segment
Camera Model Name DiMAGE Z6
Modify Date 2007:02:16 01:30:32
Orientation Horizontal (normal)
Print Image Matching (118 bytes binary data)
Resolution 72 pixels/inch
Saturation Normal
Scene Capture Type Standard
Sharpness Normal
Software DiMAGE Z6 v1.00
Subject Distance Range Distant
Subject Location 1408 1056 2816 2112
Thumbnail Length 1,226
User Comment

White Balance Auto
Y Cb Cr Positioning Centered

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thx Internos, but can you translate it to daily language?

It is because of exposure or not?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Wow...with the whole Stephenville lights deal, Dorothy Izzat's footage and now this, it feels like the 1st act of "Close Encounters of The Third Kind"...

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by commodore64

Yes.
It's a LONG exposure shot.
A normal value, given the nightly conditions and the f/2.8, should be 1/30 sec. at very least. This means that the exposure time is (at least) 60x times the expected. But there are many variables so i can't say it exactly.

Two seconds shot of fire poi ball dance

Anyway, the guy who took the photos may explain why he has choosen this exposure time. Pheraps he had a good reason...

Edit to add:
For example, in this pic, the curved arrow shows, more or less, the movement made by the camera during the shot:

unless we'd assume that the three objects made the same movement at the same time. Anyway, i still haven't looked at the pics: thank you, Sean, for sharing this find

[edit on 16/2/2008 by internos]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Grrr I can't sleep hehe. I Just can't stop thinking what it could be. Oh for the fellow that asked if it was multiple lights or what not. This thing was bouncing all around crazy. So we're not sure if it is one or many points of lights. So there is a combo of camera movement and lights moving. The thing that really gets me is the extreme light changes like in photo 2 bright red to bright blue, yellow, green, white etc. At times they said it flashed all colors of the spectrum. They said it wasn't like a flash off a plane the whole thing glowed eerie. My eldest nephew 21 years of age said, there is no way it was a plane. This thing was visually airborn in that same general area of the sky for 45 minutes. So it isn't like a plane going point A to point B in a straight direction in a couple minutes then fading out of sight. It stood stationary but, did bounce around a lot. No noise at all.
baffling is it not?

Anyways, I have many times in night time heard planes and looked up see red light flashing, but crazy stuff like this no way. lol Oh and another thing that I do remember my eldest nephew telling me, that through binoculars it at times the body of it would look translucent as it glowed and when it changed colors you couldn't tell it was there until it gave off light again. He said it blended into the night time sky background like nothing was there. The only way to get a quick glimpse of it was to prop against the fence to stable whatever they was looking through to get the last couple shots zoomed in. Sure wish I was there I would of filled the camera to get as much stable shots as I could! For a few young kids they did well. I'm glad they remembered to grab the camera. Not sure if it landed or not, but the location was ideal if it wanted to do so. The school grounds and field out there is a wide open area. It's kind of eerie to know that while most are asleep living their daily lives, there are these things (whatever they are) creeping around.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
These shots, once increased the brightness, show clearly that the light
source is the same, and that the trails are the result of a quick movement, of course i don't know WHAT's the source

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Picture 1 they said they had no clue there was other things around them while this was all taking place. I have seen that perspective from their house many times the light to left looks approximately 4-5 feet off the ground above the sidewalk just behind the stop sign. Behind the light if I recall there is no houses that is just a empty no mans land (field). I could get a day shot next time i'm over there. Which will probably be later today. That could be a porch light in the distance though but it looks quite odd to me being how low it is.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
That light far left is definitely porch light after gamma increase. The light left of street light is the ufo they was trying to capture. Yeah all lines all over the place rofl. For kids they did pretty good! it's not easy to capture a moving object at same time your holding a camera. As for looks and colors it does match Texas lights. Does anyone know if any aircraft flash multiple colors like that? Especially red/blue/yellow/green/white sequence like that?

Not to get off topic but in that same exact area about 10 years ago while heading up jasper to go fishing I think it was. I heard a sonic boom that just about knocked me off the damn road. ROFL. This is a quiet place no fighter jets and crazy stuff like that. About gave me a heart attack and it echo off in the distance too.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sean
Object looked more celestial, like a glowing orb or plasma like. Pulsing multi colors red, blue, yellow, white mainly. At time is would stay all Blue then start over the pattern red, blue, yellow, white. [edit on 16-2-2008 by sean]

The sixth brightest star in the sky, Rigel, was low to the horizon in the west at that time and location. It set at about 2:00 am, thus appearing to "land".

Given the matching time frame and description, I would think that is the most likely explanation.

[edit on 2/16/2008 by eaglewingz]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

Well at times it would completely stop blinking alltogether and just the black sky . At times it would stay red only for a few seconds or blue etc then it would start a pattern of flashes red, blue, yellow/green, white. It also zigzag in the air. You can see that in the photos that is camera movement, but it was also moving too. Blink out appear in different spot, but generally would stay in same location of the sky. Eventually it went south south below the tree line over a 45 minute period. Now if it is the star you speak of then it would be there tomorrow. I'm going to be there to watch and see if I can capture more. I know what orion's belt looks like them 3 lined up stars of the belt are easy spotters. It will be hella cold outside, but i'm gonna sit out there and do it
This time i'll try to get video and more pics. Hopefully our friends come back and say hello the second time around.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Looks like someone sneezed while taking the pics. Or, somebody has jazz hands.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
They definitely resemble the Stephenville lights. After analyzing the picture, I spotted this. Yes gentleman, that's a tie. Apparently the UFO's message was in someway or another related to a tie. I'll keep investigating and I'll keep you all updated.

My conclusions are based on the picture internos posted with enhanced brightness which can be found here.

[edit on 16-2-2008 by Pagani]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
reply to post by commodore64

Yes.
It's a LONG exposure shot.
A normal value, given the nightly conditions and the f/2.8, should be 1/30 sec. at very least. This means that the exposure time is (at least) 60x times the expected. But there are many variables so i can't say it exactly.

I'm glad you finally explained the effect in technical terms. I've been explaining this effect forever, and yet many remain oblivious to it (not cutting on anyone, just saying that many people seem to still not understand what effect long exposures have on photographs). I most likely would not recognize the effect either if not for the fact that I've taken thousands upon thousands of photos with many different camera types. The same effect is seen on video footage as well, and even though a craft may be moving, you can usually tell the difference between the exposure effect versus subject movement blur.

[edit on 2-16-2008 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz

Originally posted by sean
Object looked more celestial, like a glowing orb or plasma like. Pulsing multi colors red, blue, yellow, white mainly. At time is would stay all Blue then start over the pattern red, blue, yellow, white. [edit on 16-2-2008 by sean]

The sixth brightest star in the sky, Rigel, was low to the horizon in the west at that time and location. It set at about 2:00 am, thus appearing to "land".

Given the matching time frame and description, I would think that is the most likely explanation.

[edit on 2/16/2008 by eaglewingz]

That's a good observation. Since you mentioned Orion in the field of observation at that particular time, what about Betelgeuse? I would like to know what color did this "object" mostly become right before it "Landed"? I know that Betelgeuse alternates observable colors depending on its distance from the Horizon.

[edit on 2-16-2008 by TheAgentNineteen]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join