It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you ever just think

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
ever just stop and think about yourself?
i mean, look at you. a glob of floating physical particles, composed of a few quarks and gluons, not much else. somehow, these little 'balls' combine to form one of the most complex being known to man, you. you go from a few simple forces with a bunch of charged particles, and a few neutral ones, to a congnicent, thinking being. how insane is that?
and jsut the idea of thinking. ur a breathing, beating, learning being, and all because electrical impulses happen to travel down thru some tissues.
i love being alive

Sorry Amorymeltzer i forgot 2 say, "great question"

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
You are as a lifeform a very very very (notice the emphasis?) complex phenemona. You're made of billions of particles. These interact with eachother and give feedback to eachother. Life is a wonder, but it's not unexplainable.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by amantine
You are as a lifeform a very very very (notice the emphasis?) complex phenemona. You're made of billions of particles. These interact with eachother and give feedback to eachother. Life is a wonder, but it's not unexplainable.

amantine, a 'lifeform' is v,v,v, complex. but if it's not unexplainable,
can you please explain it to me?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
lol, no, it stops at iron. it goes by twos, so hydrogen, helium, then it doubles by forgin heliums. berykkium, carbon, oxygen, etc. the other get filled in slightly, but mainly its by two. however, up until iron, the reactions are exothermic, that is, they give off more energy than they take in. thats what keeps the star existing against gravity. once iron hits, which is endothermic and requires more energy than it releases, the # hits the fan. it takes 10 seconds, 10 bloody seconds, for a star billions of years old, to die.

have read the books multiple times, and i was referring to the supernova explosion of a star that forms all those. it's the super novae that form the heavier elements

No, the universe was in the beginning to hot even for atoms. From that period we have the CMBR. Atoms were formed only later, mostly hydrogen and helium.

right, i know of the CMBR. i was referring to when the universe cooled and then formed atoms.

sorry i wasn't too clear on what i was talking about guys. i do that a lot...

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
wow. nice replies!
i was thinking about this again, and it never ceases to amaze me.
the idea of life is just too fantastic to really comprehend, and its things like this that really keep me going, and (no, im not considering this) why suicide is such a bad option. you've got this gift, use it, dont waste it.
mark my words, i intend on doing something with my life. and i mean something.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

amantine, a 'lifeform' is v,v,v, complex. but if it's not unexplainable,
can you please explain it to me?

I didn't say I could explain it. I think it's a way to complex process to understand within the this century. However, I don't see any obstacles that can't be solved. This is all my opinion and ofcourse you can disagree with it.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
if we assume, and this is an ass speaking, that there are no spirits or souls or whatnot, then technically, the body is relatively simple, theres just a lot of simple things to put together to make something really complex. its just physics! a LOT of physics! and all explainable, just maybe not now

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Great topic.

Last day, I was thinking that comets are big spermatozoids and planets are ovulas. What do you think of this? I know it sounds crazy, but the analogy to conception is tight.

It is said that comets are vectors of organic molecules, and when it hits a planet, the dust layers would hypoteticly protect the planet from other meteorites. The same as when an ovula prohibits subsequent spermatozoids to enter in. Of course, life as we know would only emerge when the conditions are right. For instance, the conditions werent right for life as we know to emerge on Jupiter when the Levy-Sho.. comet hit the planet. But maybe another method would work.

And what do you think about planet mitosis?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
And to think we're made up of tiny particles of energy that communicate with eachother, telling eachother to make sure they get some clothes on so they don't die of hypothermia. So these particles can survive...
That these particles know other people that are made up of the same particles and they take comfort in knowing that they have particle like friends. Awww.
Particle friends.. cute.
I picture two little happy faced atoms holding hands...

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
And to think we're made up of tiny particles of energy that communicate with eachother, telling eachother to make sure they get some clothes on so they don't die of hypothermia.

So this would be a type of "intelligence" or "instinct?" I am talking on the cellular level, when "life" first "sparks" and we begin to form.
Are those "pre programmed" orders at the cellular level and if so, "what" holds those instructions? Or is it instinct? Anf if so, would those also not be "held" somewhere at the cellular level? And yes I know that the "instructions" come from DNA, my question is a chicken and egg question. Where did those "first" instructions come from back when we "changed" to "us"
If we evolved (and if you look at it from a cellular level, we "evolve" from the moment we are concieved) what or howcaused DNA to get a new set of instructions on how to build a human?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
i will have to deffinatly disagree that we are infact not alive, i think being alive is being able to see, touch, hear and smell wat is around us even as insignificant as it may seem, as far as we know we are the only things in the universe that can appreciate the beauty that the universe contains, if that isnt living then what is? the thing that makes me think how is we, as a species developed self awareness while others did not...a cat can look into a mirror and see it self but it will never think, that is me...

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Yup... That is correct. Because the cat just runs head first into the window/mirror thinking it's another cat... sometimes it can actuallly be funny as hell...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join