It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you ever just think

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
ever just stop and think about yourself?
i mean, look at you. a glob of floating physical particles, composed of a few quarks and gluons, not much else. somehow, these little 'balls' combine to form one of the most complex being known to man, you. you go from a few simple forces with a bunch of charged particles, and a few neutral ones, to a congnicent, thinking being. how insane is that?
and jsut the idea of thinking. ur a breathing, beating, learning being, and all because electrical impulses happen to travel down thru some tissues.
i love being alive

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
We are a miracle. .........................................

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by dreamrebel]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
yeah, it truely is amazing. everything is. from man, to animals, to plants, to the stars, solar systems, and all the galaxies. it's beautiful.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Yes, I think quite often. How do you know we are even alive? What is alive? What is existence?

How can life evolve from no life? How can something "living" evolve from something non-living?

I came up with several conclusions.

1.) We are not alive.
2.) All the particles are alive and we do not know it.
3.) We do not really exist.
4.) We were created.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I agree we are all part of a dream of a sea erchant. We are not alive!! Dont be fooled.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
where do thoughts go, after you have thought of them?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
" Life is a dream within a dream ", Edgar Allan Poe

Deep

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Very interesting. Look at a molecule, then look at the solar system. It's the same movement, the electrons (planets) revolving around a nucleus (sun). Maybe we are part of some great, to us, being, as molecules are of us.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Could you say we are as old as the Universe? I'm sure that some of the atoms and such that make up our bodies have been here since the 'Beginning' That means our bodies know the truth of how it all started... Too bad we can't look into that.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It both saddens and gladdens me that us as humans are so insignificant on the scale of things...

I'm glad any damage we do will not effect the greater scheme of things

however it saddens me that in my lifetime if will never understand the intricacies of this universe

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Energy is neither created of destroyed,

Our souls are energy, so in a sense they have been around since the dawn of.......

Deep

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I believe everyone is. That's why I strongly support that thing where they repair your DNA chromosomes with nanobots to help us never die... I don't care about anything else. I want to live forever Strictly for science.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
Could you say we are as old as the Universe? I'm sure that some of the atoms and such that make up our bodies have been here since the 'Beginning' That means our bodies know the truth of how it all started... Too bad we can't look into that.

the universe was originally hydrogen, which fused in the heat of the big bang into helium and some other of the lower elements. then those formed stars, eventually. stars wen novae which fused helium into carbon, carbon into neon and magnesium, neon into more magnesium and oxygen, oxygen into silicon and phosphorus (i think!). and silicon into iron, and so on and so on and so on.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Existence is a cycle. Look at photosynthesis. It use byproducts(CO2) that are poisinous to us, feeds off of that and creates something that is most important to us (oxy). And where do the CO2 come from, us. So the thought that molecules that have been around forever being part of us, I think that's viable.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

the universe was originally hydrogen, which fused in the heat of the big bang into helium and some other of the lower elements. then those formed stars, eventually. stars wen novae which fused helium into carbon, carbon into neon and magnesium, neon into more magnesium and oxygen, oxygen into silicon and phosphorus (i think!). and silicon into iron, and so on and so on and so on.

lol, no, it stops at iron. it goes by twos, so hydrogen, helium, then it doubles by forgin heliums. berykkium, carbon, oxygen, etc. the other get filled in slightly, but mainly its by two. however, up until iron, the reactions are exothermic, that is, they give off more energy than they take in. thats what keeps the star existing against gravity. once iron hits, which is endothermic and requires more energy than it releases, the # hits the fan. it takes 10 seconds, 10 bloody seconds, for a star billions of years old, to die.

i just think its fantastic what happens with physics. im glad so many agree!
the hitchhikers guide, by the late Douglas Adams touches on these and many other thoughts, in a very humorous tone. i suggest u read it, even if u already have

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

No, the universe was in the beginning to hot even for atoms. From that period we have the CMBR. Atoms were formed only later, mostly hydrogen and helium.

What you desribe happens in very large dying stars (supernova's). The process Amorymeltzer described happens in the smaller stars, like our sun.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I don't mind giving blood until I start thinking deep thoughts about it. I got sick from it once when I started thinking about how "that blood is me!" It was so strange cause I started thinking about how this blood is such an important part of me and I was just watching it flow out. I was thinking about the DNA and it was like the more I looked at it the more detail I could see. The lady taking my blood saw that I was turning all sick looking and I started babbling about how I can't believe that this blood is all I am. I think I scared the crap out of her and then I started to stand up and I had to sit down and shake the thoughts from my head. I have never had another problem with giving blood and that wasn't even the first time I did it. It was purely the thought about the blood being all I was, the mental part of it. Of course I know there is much more to us than blood but I was thinking about the physical form at the time. I hope that doesn't sound stupid but man was it strange!!! I almost felt out of body in thought. A very interesting topic you brought up.

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by Mandalorianwarrior]

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
there must be somthing more than just the universe...
i guess we are the output of correctly configured particles that came together with the forces... but then it makes u wonder, how just a thought can physically change everything around you.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
" Life is a dream within a dream ", Edgar Allan Poe

Deep

Thats my fave poem.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Yes, I think quite often. How do you know we are even alive? What is alive? What is existence?

How can life evolve from no life? How can something "living" evolve from something non-living?

I came up with several conclusions.

1.) We are not alive.
2.) All the particles are alive and we do not know it.
3.) We do not really exist.
4.) We were created.

This is a great thread!! Mr Jingles... I agree with u, except #3 &4
seem to contradict. If we were created, how can we not exist?
Don't ask me 2 elaborate. I don't the answ'. I would like tell everyone,
before i go further, that i am not of any Religion.
I know a couple of questions i will ask have surely been posted
on diff' threads, anyway...
What about Deja Vu? I get it 'bout once a yr, it lasts between
1 to 5 seconds, and is VERY strong.
I am now a Quad' C7, as a result of an motorcycle acci'. 1988. I'm now 41.
I dream almost every night and in these dreams, just your
'normal' dream like most ppl have, I am 'able-bodied'
I don't have night terr'.

Maybe a combo' of pre injury mems' and my present sub' cons'.
I have a job, Graphic Des', and i am not depressed and love life!!
BUT, i do believe in some sort of re-incar', because of the sheer
question itself. If all life is born to ultimatley die, the universe as
we know it might be cyclic, and quarks, atoms... i've got
a headache. Top post, MrJingles
:s

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by sanctum]

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by sanctum]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join