It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Above Politics Forum Needs More People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I wonder why there seems to be so much talk of politics on this site, yet you can barely get a thread going or a reply to a post on the Above Politics forum.

Maybe it needs more advertising, or needs to get pressed more, but that forum seems so slow, I barely ever want to check it.

Does anybody else find this to be the case as well?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
A lot of people cite the BS excuse of the inconvenience of having to login again on that section of the boards. In other words, people are lazy.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Ahhh, that does make sense; however it IS pretty stupid IMO that you have to login in 3 times to be free to cruise all the forums and post.

Once should be enough for the whole site, instead of just 1/3 of it.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I've found that it come and it goes, just like the other forums...

It is really busy at times, at least on the threads I am on, and other times it is dead...

You could always advertise your threads or the forum in your signature...

Semper

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Yeah, I'm sure it has it's moments, but man, that forum seems so boring with a lack of responses.

ATS moves so fast, has lots of political threads, but AP doesn't even seem to compare.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I suggest Social Issues on Above Politics. It's a great forum.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
ATS moves so fast, has lots of political threads, but AP doesn't even seem to compare.

Agreed that ATS moves much faster. As to ATS having lots of political threads, the renewed focus on moving many of those to AP should alleviate that somewhat. But I don't know if that's going to do much to attract more people to AP.

And part of the problem there is that AP was created to give people that were already on ATS a place to discuss politics. I think a lot of people on ATS realized that they did not really want to talk politics, and were really here for conspiracies. It was effective to some degree in cleaning up ATS from political bickering, imo. But in essence, trying to tap the conspiracy crowd for more action on AP (ATX Mix ads for AP, for example) is self defeating, imo. The same may be true for BTS.

AP needs to go more outside the site to attract new people that love to talk politics, imo. I don't know to what extent they have done that. Might be a good question for Majic.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

AP needs to go more outside the site to attract new people that love to talk politics, imo. I don't know to what extent they have done that. Might be a good question for Majic

I completely agree. I wonder how much marketing is done for AP, and if there could be more easily done to help get new members.

Well put.

top topics

join