It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church thanks God for the shooting at my school

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Many of their members are lawyers...remember this (or at least I read that they were). They use their "christianity" as a ploy to get themselves inserted into the headlines and threaten lawsuits if anyone opposes them.

Simply put, they're attention whores and contribute nothing back to society even worth publishing in any form of news media.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
We are simply not allowed to discuss, here on ATS, what I would bring upon those people if they came to my town.

Fortunately I think I can leave it at that and get my point across.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
If I hear about one of the WBC members dying, I'm going to picket their funeral.

Disgusting pieces of #.

Sorry but I really can't stand people like this. I can only hope they decide to have a sacrifice of themselves and they end up extremely disappointed in their afterlife.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
the Westboro Baptist Church members will get theirs in the end. The hate they spew will be visited upon them in their next incarnation. The silly thing about them is they do no physical harm and have no influence. Just trust in God and remember the old "sticks and stones" rhyme. Sticks and stones may break my bones but your words can never hurt me nor make my place in heaven unsecure. Westboro Baptist Church equals the Devil and he is impotent.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The first point everyone should realize is that the Westboro Baptist Church is not a "church" it is a cult calling itself a church. True Christians do not act this way nor do they spew hate out of their mouths.

As much as I am against "Hate speech" legislation and its implications, these people are a prime candidate for it. It is God's desire that none should perish but that all come to repentance. Sure doesn't sound like He is very happy with the murder of anyone by anyone.

Don't worry, God is not slack in the way man counts slackness, but is long suffering. They will receive their just reward, He wont forget and they will wish He had.

This kind of action by the WBC just makes you wana

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
These people would have fit right in Hitlers SS the way they act but they are just one of many extreme religious groups found everywhere on earth. People seem to get real attached to their beliefs and seem to come up with what seem like totaly insane thinking to most normal people.

The one thing I wish could be done to them would be to have their children taken away because clearly they are just raising more little Hitlers, dunno if laws where they are would allow it? But dont they seem like toaly unfit to raise kids lol?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SoFunkyMe

i resent the fact that you compare ME to these people just because i believe in God. i am not the same by any means. in fact, i will be there at all of the funerals shielding the families from their hatred.ive never supported any religious group or doctrine that asks me to hate other people. ive been through enough in the past couple of days, the last thing i need is for you to throw your hatred of religion at me.

Digitalgrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
ive been through enough in the past couple of days, the last thing i need is for you to throw your hatred of religion at me.

Consider the source. The post could be used in a textbook example for illiteracy. Just ignore mullet-heads.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfoot1212
darkelf
my grandfather was a master sergeant in the 82nd airborne in ww2 and was highly decorated-bronze star among others- i walk by his medals everyday on my wall and if i ever saw any person giving any vet any # they didn't deserve not sure what i would do. i know i would flip out tho.our vets derserve recognition whether we agree with wars or not

My Dad is like your Grandad in many respects. However, if you stop and take a deep slow breath and think about it, flipping out on the idiots actually works against all that the real hero's died to protect: The fools have as much right to their 1st Amendment rights as we do. We have to support the right for them to do what they do, even as we denounce their message. No matter whether the message is one that we like to hear, or that outrages us, we dishonor the sacrifice of those who gave some or all to defend the Constitution , the same one that allows fools equal time and opportunity to be heard.

The best way to deal with these morons is to TOTALLY ignore them; that is the last thing they want. They are publicity seeking sheep following a demented leader, and if we all ignored them as much as possible, isolating them from any recognition, they would soon fade away and go home. It gives them no satisfaction to have no opponents to scream at; if ignored they would whimper and whine a while and pack it in. An audience is what they crave, and denied that they wither and die a natural and deserved death.

If no one had any interest in what they had to say outside of their little ' church ' believe me, they would stay inside and rant to each other; After all, thats how they got stared in the first place!

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
accident :double post

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

i havent come in contact with that member before so i wasnt sure of his/her standing.

thanks valhall

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl

and as far as im concerned i think pastor phelps "doth protest to much"...he is hiding something.

Digitalgrl

I have stated the exact same thing on other threads regarding this church and especially the pastor. I have walked this walk of faith thirty years and I have learned many things and have come to some astounding conclusions, one being, when an individual goes on and on regarding condemnation, that should be regarded as a red flag to the observer, that the one condemning is being condemned in regard to some hidden agenda in their own life.

I have seen people condemn others over one sin, time and time again, to only discover, they had been involved, or, were involved in the very thing they condemned the other individual about.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Let's please remember folks, that there is no need for threatening messages to be posted towards this or any group of people.

From The Terms and Conditions:

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Let's not let what most here perceive as this groups hate fill us with enough hate to start posting messages that threaten anyone.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I wonder why this "church" would remain based out of a city where the zip code begins with 666.

That being said, I am refraining from using the contact information at the top of that press release from spewing some hate speech of my own.

I made the mistake of checking out the rest of their website... absolutely disgusting.

When I was a student at LSU, there was a group that came with their picket signs and handed out these little fliers saying that we were all going to hell for some reason or another. I seriously doubt that it was Westboro that came, but it was definitely just the other side of their twisted coin. I'll never forget as long as I live... One of their children, a little boy that couldn't have been older than 6 or 7, wearing a sign that was almost as big as he was. On a day when these children should have been in school somewhere, they were outside the Union at LSU helping to spread the "word" or whatever they called it. This kid was really cute. Then he opened his mouth and screamed, "Burn in hell, fag!!" at a student who was arguing with one of the adults about what they were preaching.

I have no respect for these people, or any other ignorant, intolerant jerks (not the word that I would choose were it not for the rules of this site) who spout this kind of hate and who condone violence and tragedy... in the name of God, no less.

This "church" also has press release on its website condoning the shooting at the council meeting in Missouri. I wonder how they would feel about someone walking into one of their churches or rallys and opening fire? Would that person have been sent by God then? Mind you, I am not suggesting or condoning any act of violence against these people. I, unlike them, don't believe that there is ever a good reason to kill innocent people.

My heart goes out to all who have suffered losses in this tragedy. I am so sorry for your pain.

I am also enraged at the fact that whenever this happens, the media spends so much time making the shooter some kind of "celebrity." I have seen countless photos of the shooter, and heard all about his mental state and seen how shocked his friends are... I have seen one story about the victims, and their pictures were much smaller than his. Isn't that how it always goes? Maybe these shootings wouldn't happen if the gunmen were completely ignored and forgotten while all of the coverage centered on the victims? Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I agree with you completely. I figure the old hatemonger will be the first to go, and I've always wanted to go to Kansas.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
the hypnotoad!!!! that is agreat episode roflmfao
and you are right- i do wonder what the churches would think if the aetheists/agnostics targeted them and just started shooting away. i'm sure they would be in an uproar of a hate crime.
and i'm still wondering where sharpton and jackson are to condemn this. apparently they care more about race than their religion or just human life in general
AL, JESSE PLEASE COME TO ATS AND EXPLAIN WHY YOU HAVEN"T!!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
From what I understand, the Westboro Church consists of one pastor and members of his extended family. They seem to spend a lot of their time traveling the country picketing. that must take a lot of money. Where are they getting all that money? Don't they have jobs they need to attend to at home? Funny that in an age where protestors at the Democratic convention are penned into free-speech zones behind barbed wire, these guys get to spew their hatred wherever they feel. I am smelling a rat. A covert-operations rat, to be exact. These guys serve to denigrate those who protest the war and to draw extra attention to any cause they protest, like this shooting. Plus they are always good for five minutes diversion on the news.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

no doubt -how can i make that much money tax free- i would love it- i need to know the scam

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I wonder what happens with them behind closed door, I would love for someone to sneak into their homes and hide a hidden camera, then we can see how crazy they really are!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join