It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are YOU a Devil's Advocate?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Remember in the bible, where it was stated (paraphrasing):

"One CANNOT have 2 masters."

You either love the light and hate the darkness, but can't have both.

Or can you?

Thoughts?

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I say both ways: It takes two to tango. One cannot be the 'right' side (all the time) without knowing or understanding the other -- the 'left' side, I guess.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
of coarce evil is important, Hail Satan! woot!, lol no but seriously, its like that whole bringing balance to the force thing in starwars, without vader the good guys get corupted (the emperor). mabe a bit simplistic but hey, i think it is essencialy correct

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by superevoman

Hey Superevoman! Where've you been? Haven't seen you in ages?

Good to see you again!

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
Remember in the bible, where it was stated (paraphrasing):

"One CANNOT have 2 masters."

Well, first off...'advocate' is not the same as serving...at least not in the sense of serving a master.

(BUT what Jesus is speaking of is that we can either serve spirit or matter.)

Anyway:

To advocate for someone is to plead their case.
Maybe GOD is waiting for someone to pray for the devil?!?
Someone to truly love their enemy - in word AND action?
That is what Jesus commanded, after all!

Matthew 5:44-48:
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he makes his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

So, if the 'devil' persecutes us...we are STILL to pray on his behalf!
JESUS SAID SO!

Perhaps serving GOD includes pleading the case of the lowliest as well as following the example of the highest??

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Matthew 25:40

Mark Twain said:
But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?

In answer to the title of your thread...YES I AM.

I have prayed for one and all...especially the 'lost son of perdition'...but I serve only the ONE GOD.

GOD IS ♥ !

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Sort of. I look at issues from many perspectives and will bring to light the perspectives that most people may be overlooking. no matter what side of an issue you're on the other side likely has merits. You can't forget there are people on that other side. No matter how passionately you may hate that side's belief's you have to remember that those people have those belief's because they think those belief's best serve their own interests, just as you think that your belief's serve your best interest. You can't focus solely on the pro's of your side and the con's of the opposing side, one must be objective in looking at both sides.

I think it helps to separate one's own self-interests in any given issue when examining the issue. You'll likely understand the full scope of the issue when you aren't blinded by your own bias.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePiemaker
I think it helps to separate one's own self-interests in any given issue when examining the issue. You'll likely understand the full scope of the issue when you aren't blinded by your own bias.

EXCELLENT!

Thank you for saying all those things that you did, in your post!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Queenie?

I've been meaning to ask you for so long...

Are you serving the light....or serving the darkness....or both?

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
well ducky, i have been away because i have been working on a movie and i got a new computer that runs vista... thats all i have to say about vista... bad expiriances lol anyway, thanks for the concern!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Working on a movie?

Ok...YOU definately have to start a new thread up about that one hon!

Gimme the lowdown!

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
i have ironicly enough it is called I am making a movie! though no one has posted on it i guess it is just slow to start bot dont get to exited! lol it is still in pre-pre-pre-production.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Can't wait to see it!

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Here is link! the goblins and drawings are test concepts for the movie the otherstuff is for another project.

s242.photobucket.com...

[edit on 102929p://1702pm by superevoman]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Linky?

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
yah i got a little ahead of myself and forgot to add it lol it should be there now

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

So BUD?

Are you a 'Devil's Advocate?

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I advocate the devil out of shear contraryness, though i dont believe in god angels or the devil in a literal fashion as put forth in the bible, evil is all too real and i believe it is spawned from ignorance and since i am strongly against ignorance, i am against literal evil, though i feel that the literary devil and myself share a few commonalities where as i could never relate to god or jesus when i was a little kid, and i still feel the same way.

[edit on 102929p://4402pm by superevoman]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I forgot to ask you hon? Well...you've probably shown 'your' way in the last while...
Have to ask you again....if you don't mind terribly?

What are YOUR BELIEFS? Non beliefs?

~Ducky!~

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

a am a pesimistic semi-agnostic, that is i find it hard to believe that humans are here just because, but then i just think that most religions are crap ( no offence), i cant find any evidence to the contrary, and the most likely explanation is we are here just because... and i seem to get along just fine, i have no real need to apeal to a higher god/power. and like i said in my earlier post, i have always been able to realate more to the biblical satan than jesus or god, which implies something deeply wrong in either myself or the religion, in any case the outcome would be the same as it is now, i clash constantly with religious zealots, fanatics and just plain misguided people. my beliefs are my own, though i am not aragant enough to think them unique, even if i am one in a million, that mean there are over six million people just like me.

what about you? i sense some religious undertones though you are far from the violently evangelical sort, and i respect that, what are your thoughts on the nature of the universe theologicaly?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
Queenie?

I've been meaning to ask you for so long...

Are you serving the light....or serving the darkness....or both?

I serve the ONE LIVING GOD.

The ONE who told Isaiah to write the following:

I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me.
I am the LORD, and there is none else.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Isaiah 45:5-7

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join