It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Gun Control is the Only Answer"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Gun control is like Nuke Control

Once everyone gives them up, someone's bound to attack the defenseless.

Its not the guns you should be worrying about- its the people who have the lack of conscience or morality.

What people need is a moment to think before they act. Life is full of alot of things- crazy people being the top of the list. You can't get rid of crazy people.

If you take away guns, then it'll be knives, then stones, then hands...it will continue and continue- some people will always have that "kill all" in them even without weapons; crazy or not.

All we can hope is whoever does the wrong, is brought to justice in this life or the next.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
very true dj
reminds me of the one looney tunes(porky i believe) has a mouse so gets a cat. then has to get a dog to get rid ofthe cat. then a lion to get rid of the dog and then an elephant to get rid of the lion. now he has to get the mouse back to scare off the elaphant and ends up back at square 1
how ironic lmao

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Well the only problem here in the US is that owning a gun is a very well cared and worshiped article in our constitution and no American patriot will ever, ever will allow that to be taken away.

Yes in the US you need a license to carry certain weapons.

I hope that I am not understanding this properly. Are you stating here that "the only problem here in the US" is that we abide by the US Constitution, our supreme law of the land?

To which "Law" would you prefer we abide if not to our Constitution? What gives you the right to think that you could hope to post your own thoughts and opinions on boards such as this as the amendment directly preceding the second amendment is the first amendment guaranteeing US Citizens free speech.

If the second amendment can be abolished, what makes you think that the first will not be far behind?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
i raise my glass to you hyrysc!!!
if we allow even one of our rights to be taken away it only opens doors for others to be taken away. and they have been trying to quell the 1st amendment for years too. but we are getting off topic- it was about what guns are good for not US citizens rights. but anytime gun discussions come up it always turns to the 2nd amendment- go figure

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HYRYSC

Obviously you either misunderstood my post or my mastering of the English language is at fault, either way you seem to be targeting me for your personal given reason.

Next time be nicer when trying to figure out another person post.

My husband and I are proud gun owners and we cherish our 2 amendment, the person I was answering that post to, is no from America.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I can carry a gun here in Kentucky and don't need to be licensed. And that is a good thing. I can carry a concealed handgun if I am licensed to do so by passing a safety and law course. And that is a good thing, too. Now, of course, walking down the streets of Danville while carrying a rifle or having a handgun in a holster on your hip will cause a reaction. But the act is not illegal. And nor should it be. Actually, I believe we should all be able to have state of the art automatic weapons at our disposal so we can form a militia in case of illegal goverment intervention in our contitiutional rights. I am more afraid of the government than an occasional nutjob. A government that takes away 2nd amendment rights is the real enemy and the government needs us to have access to state of the art arms so that they remain afraid of us, the people, instead of the other way around.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Like I said before is never going to happen, in American to many patriots cherish and worship the right to own guns.

That is why I am no worry about the anti-gun organizations and legislation will go just so far before is killed.

Americans will never ever give away their constitutional rights.

People need to get into touch with their representatives in congress and keep up with everything that goes on when it comes to legislations, so when a bill is introduced that will affect our rights we as a voter can do something about it.

That is what I do.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Here are some great quotes on Gun Control which encapsulates the entire arguement:

"Must men alone be debarred the common privilege of opposing force with force, which nature allows so freely to all other creatures for their preservation from injury? I answer: self defence is a part of the law of nature, nor can it be denied the community, even against the king himself..."
--John Locke, Two Treatises of Government, 1689

"Self defence is justly called the primary law of nature, so it is not, either can it be in fact, taken away by the laws of society."
--Sir William Blackstone, Commentaries on the Laws

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one."
--Cesare Beccaria, Criminologist in 1764.

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth."
-- George Washington

"The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
--Thomas Jefferson

"The constitutions of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed........"
--Thomas Jefferson

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
A mentally unstable person will find a way to cause harm if they want to. Guns or no guns. Set a fire, make a bomb, etc. etc.

MSM rarely tells you about the crimes that are prevented because someone either owned a gun or carried one.

All this drum-beating about guns in MSM is a hoax, a pretext to disarm Americans. The second amendment was written because no one knew better than our founding fathers that one day Americans may need their guns against their own government.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
i for one will never voluntarily give up my guns- i would rather die than live under a tyrrany. what they do to get them is ban them slowly by classification. this was proven by the assault rifle ban(altho later repealed) but it encompassed many automatic weapons that were not assault rifles. some states- such as new jersey- you can not buy a rifle or handgun with out a special permit, if you can even get one. you can only hunt with shotguns and muzzleloaders and bows. and then when they knew they couldn't abolish our amendment they decided to sue the gun manufacturers hoping to put them out of business so we wouldn't be able to buy guns. that didn't work either hehehehe

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
...I believe we should all be able to have state of the art automatic weapons at our disposal so we can form a militia in case of illegal goverment intervention in our contitiutional rights...

This is precisely why the 2nd Amendment exists.

We're already complacent enough, as long as we have a remote in one hand, and a beer in the other. The emerging situation certainly creates a perceived justification for the disarmament of the American population. Uhhhg... Just typing that brings a certain Ben Franklin quote to mind... The security of the 2nd amendment, in my opinion, should be paramount in the minds of Americans at this moment. Conceivably, our future, our very way of life could be in a very precarious position, hinging on our right to keep and bear arms. Once we give that right up, we truly become human livestock.

Frankly, we, as Americans should be ashamed of ourselves for allowing this country, our society, to apathetically decay to a state where we would not even notice the atrocious consolidation of power within the government, much less stand up do anything about it. I believe the appropriate phrase here is "By the people, for the people". Once we're stripped of the right to keep and bear arms (or give it up), we the people, officially concede our position as the ultimate authority concerning the governing of this nation. Those in a position to do so, may then proceed, unimpeded, to pursue their own agenda, at our expense.

I for one, am amazed at my own complacency.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
You can always tell who the fools are that would lay down and live under the cloak of tyrrany. Anyone who would lay down their guns for this or any goverment are COWARDS and it's better to weed them out because you don't want their chicken ass fighting beside you.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
lmao if they were cowards they wouldn't be fighting next to you- they would leave you high and dry and turn themselves and you in

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Taking away the guns, will make the criminals have to get out of the car, and go stab the person they wish to harm. They will not say..."well since we dont have guns...I guess ill just forget about this, and go to bed".

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Here in the Midwest to purchase a gun you must submit federal paper work and go through a local criminal background check. This could take anywhere for 3 to 7 days. On the federal paper work it specifically asks you if you are taking medicine for or have psychological problems. Here lies an issue, a mentally ill person who wants a firearm will not disclose their problems. I asked Scheels sports store (don’t buy guns there they are spendy) if a personal was receiving SS disability (for mental issues), would the federal check cross check and kick back. To the best of his knowledge he said there is not a cross check.
The other easy way to purchase a firearm out here (aside from being a peace officer) is to have a permit to conceal. There are many states (such as SD) that only require a background check, no class room or actually handling of a fire arm. States such as SD and ND reciprocate. So you can go in to a store and buy rite away.
So how to control sales to ill people, I don't know. How to educate people of the down side/danger of antidepressants, I don't know either.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by starskipper]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
in pa we have to fill out a ffl which asks all kinds of background ?'s and then they do an insta-check to see if you are approved. it comes back in a few minutes. used to be if you had a ccw permit it would be instant but since they instituted this it doesn't allow it anymore.
perfect example- last pistol i bought was an an hour away- found it on my way home from work. so had to go home get the money drive back up and insta check was off line. i said well i have a ccw and he said they do not accept that anymore. had to wait until the next day. so i drove 90 miles round trip 3 times.
also from what some of my friends are telling me is that in jersey you now have to go thru a check and wait period just to buy ammo of any kind- not sure if this true yet but i don't doubt it

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

2nd amendment reads, according to wikipedia:
“ A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. ”

also,
"The tradition of securing a military force through a duty of universal military obligation for all able-bodied males follows from the Elizabethan era militia in England.[1][2]

Militia

Where is the need?

There isn't a need, there's a WANT......

The government says there is a need. It is called the selective service. All men over 18 MUST register.

By all definition that mean that all men over 18 are part of the militia.

(Sorry ladies, you have to find your own loophole.)

[edit on 16-2-2008 by dismanrc]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Taking away the guns, will make the criminals have to get out of the car, and go stab the person they wish to harm. They will not say..."well since we dont have guns...I guess ill just forget about this, and go to bed".

Like they are going to give up their gun anyway. "Ops gotta turn this gun in.. it's against the law you know. How lets go rob that bank"

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Been thinking hard about this today.................who has the most to gain from a gun free USA. China and Russia! Look an HUGE case is headed to the supreme court next month. DC VS HELLER. If it passes and upholds the RTKBA..............Well all future gun control will be impossible. We keep pointing the finger at some secret US gov program that is making people go nuts and shoot up innocent people. Why not a Chinese program doing the same. They get most NATO countries to ban guns, now us. Much easier to invade the USA if we have no weapons. Just a thought. at any rate all this media coverage does not help. IMHO MSM needs to blackout national coverage of this stuff so other nuts dont get ideas.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

The dealer applies for a FFL to sell guns. You fill out a form 4473 to buy guns. when you fill out the 4473 the dealer calls your info into NICS, which is run by the FBI. The backround check goes into all stored info on you. service records, state dl, criminal record, ect. when approved the dealer gets a control number and fills out the back of your 4473. Then the form goes into a file with a bunch more, and the gun logs out of the record book.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join