It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SKorea firm to clone US woman's dead pet pitbull

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

SKorea firm to clone US woman's dead pet pitbull

www.physorg.com

A South Korean firm has received an order for what it said Friday was the world's first commercial cloning of a pet dog -- a request from a US woman to re-create her beloved late pitbull.

RNL Bio is charging 150,000 dollars to clone the pitbull terrier for the California woman using tissue from her dead pet, named Booger, it said in a statement.

"It seems that she had a disability and her dog helped her cope with the problem, so she was eager to get a clone of Booger,"[..]
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
uk.reuters.com
www.theage.com.au
www.koreatimes.co.kr

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Oh wow. The first though I had when I read this was that this was remarkably similar to the "Re-Pet" concept in that sci-fi movie starring Schwarzenegger called "The 6th Day". How long do you think it would be before they apply this to humans, as they did in the movie?

www.physorg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
You know, this crossed my mind with my dog diesel (boxer).
So many things to think about.
Would the dog be EXACTLY the same?
Realistically to, this would not be the same dog, it is a clone, so it really is a different dog.
You can god round and round with that stuff.
Awesome technology, but man it can get dangerous.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I have kicked this idea around a bit, I love my two little dogs, a pom mix and a rat terrier, they are awesome dogs. However with the cloning deal they wouldnt be the same dog, we got them from the pound so their life experiences is what made them, them. I dont know much about cloning, but I would have a hard time expecting that you would get the exact same dog, even if you got the dog you are cloning as a pup. The odds that you are going to raise it the exact same way are slim. I look at myself, life experiences have made me what I am, and the same goes with a dog. I think the lady is kidding herself thinking she is going to get the exact same dog, hopefully it doesnt rip her throat out.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
oh god ,why ressurect a pitbull!?,theres to many of them!

there everywhere,people are obsessed with them!.i thinks its a power thing,look at my dog,look how its capable of tearing your throat out with one bite!.

its a sign of the times when people care more for thier pets that they do for other people,the money being spent on this lazuriathian act of god could be put to much better use such as animal charities, and then she could get a homless dog from a sanctuary.but no,she must have that pet back at all costs,cos she misses it so much!!,its all about her and what she wants!!!!!

bah!!!(disatisfaction)

[edit on 15-2-2008 by welivefortheson]

[edit on 15-2-2008 by welivefortheson]

top topics

join