It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Has Been A Shooting At My College Today!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Apolon

You are serbian? that is awesome. i have a lot of serbian friends...im eastern orthodox so...naturally i know alot of them, even though i dont go to a serbian orthodox church.

i appreciate your kind words. i hope ron paul gets into office...its seems like it wont happen though...but i remain hopeful. You being an athiest does not mean the postive feelings you put out in the world have no effect...so i am thankful for your kind gestures of strength and encouragement.

the world does seem like it is getting more violent everyday. however, i dont know if it is because thats all the media reports on..therby making it an illusion, or if it really is escalating to something that we might not be able to stop. having experienced what i just did on valentines day....im betting its the worse scenario of the two. but then again my perspective may be a bit skewed right now.

UPDATE:
NIU has given us the week off. im thankful for that...we need time to digest what has happened before going back into the world of competitive learning so we can participate in a global ecomony

Again thank you all for your prayers and kind words,
Digitalgrl

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
UPDATE:

i forgot to mention the other day that Jesse Jackson came to speak at NIU. Bigfoot was wondering where he was. well...he came...surprising i know.

Digitalgrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I do agree with some people in here that something very bad is happening. Now we're not even safe at school. This totally freaked me out because i too have friends that are going to NIU and i also am planning on transfering to NIU; makes me think twice. I also heard that he bought one handgun from the same website as the guy form Virgini tech did!! coincidence?!

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Sadly, I don't think that the argument is going to be made about the dangers of these medications themselves, but the argument will be made about the dangers of NOT taking them.

It is also a disturbing connection that this gunman used the same gun dealer as the VT shooter. I have obviously spent too much time on this forum, because all I see are conspiracies now.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
yes the shooter did get it from the same guy. they both purchased from his online site. the niu shooter actually drove there to the thing to pick it up when it arrived.

i really dont want this tragedy to get labeled as a conspiracy. i know there are quirky things, but this guy that did this to my school was acting out his own choices...not some governemental plot to overthrown gun laws. in fact there is a whole club formed at niu for gun legislation demanding that students and teachers be allowed concealed carry the day after this took place. had 12,000 supporting members of the student body in one day....only about 25,000 students total. so if it was to take away our rights it is back firing majorly.

kind regards,
Digitalgrl

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I think about a week or so ago there was a thread about someone asking about what were the best home defense weapons, I think all the advice I gave was identical to this school shooter, from now on no more advice in forums about guns from me.

So basically I think that school shooter was here at ATS looking for info, he got it and did his deed.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I don't think you have to blame yourself for that! If someone decides to go ahead with a killing really doesn't matter if you said AK-47 was the best self defense and assault rifle or MP5..
Ultimately they can kill equally well in close quarters even in untrained hands.
The problem is government and upbringing (or lack of it) at home.
I can safely say none of my friends or me had any inclination of killing or even hurting another Human being because we had really good Parents from whom we had first and the best education in all aspect of our lives.
IMO, Parents influence is THE most important factor in our peaceful upbringing and gave us an excellent foundation to be a good citizens later on in our life.
When we were out playing Parents didn't have to follow us or keep an eye on a Pedophiles..
Knock the wood we still don't have a problem with those retards back home. I think those men who do things like that inherit that habit from their abusive Parents also. It is known fact that if you are raised in normal family it is highly unlikely that you'll turn up nasty.
Also, if your Parents were abusive physically and mentally then someone else will suffer for their deeds.
Trust me on one thing, if your kids have been brought up in a healthy and normal environment there is no way they could turn suicidal or as a killers unless they were born with some deficiency.
This is mainly wrong Government policy( medieval education in order to keep them stupid and uninformed) mixed with bad parental guidance and complete luck of kindness to blame. Looking in that young Man I can see nothing wrong with him except that he probably suffered one way or another at home most likely or bullied at School to the extreme.
People are not born maniacal, they are bread.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
like the Texas Tower sniper; Walt Whitman, back before most of youse were born

Just so that it has been clarified:

Walt Whitman was a poet.
Charles Whitman was a sniper.

/tn.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DigitalGrl

....this guy that did this to my school was acting out his own choices...not some governemental plot to overthrow gun laws

Yet Kaz was the latest in a long line of black trenchcoat-wearing whack daddies. It's either part of the uniform or maybe there is a link.

5-26-94
Clay Shrout, 17, murdered his parents and two sisters,
He wore all black every day with combat boots and black trenchcoat.

2-2-96
Barry Loukaitis, 14. Frontier Jr. High School, Moses Lake, Washington. Dressed in all black, trenchcoat, 3 dead, 1 wounded.

11-25-96
Black trenchcoat wearing Rod Ferrell, 18, and others are arrested for beating to death a Florida couple.

2-20-98
"Kentucky Occult Teen Killers" six black trenchcoat- wearing young people plead guilty to killing a couple and their daughter.

4-20-99
Killings at Columbine High School planned and executed by the black trenchcoat-wearing 'Trenchcoat Mafia'

2-05-01
3 teens arrested for planned attack on their high school in Hoyt, Kansas. Each possessed a black trenchcoat.

October, 2001
Five teens from New Bedford, Massachusetts are arrested for planning an attack on New Bedford High School. They wore long black trenchcoats.

12-8-01
Four young people are arrested in Loudown County, Virginia for the stabbing/slashing death of one of their fathers. "The suspects favored all-black outfits, long black (trench)coats."

10-26-02
Daniel Hawke Fears, 18, Sallisaw, Okla. (2 dead, 7 wounded) He went on a 20-mile shooting spree, apparently targeting people at random. "He... always wore a black trench coat."

2-17-03
Oakton, Virginia 19-year-old Josh Cooke mowed down his parents in the basement of their home with a shotgun. Cooke wore a black trench coat ....

6-29-03
Joseph Hunter Parker, 30, killed two people with a samurai sword at an Albertson's supermarket in Irvine, California(Orange County). He was wearing a black trenchcoat and green beret when he was shot to death by police minutes later.

7-7-03
Oaklyn Public School, Camden, NJ
Matthew Lovett, 18, and two boys, ages 15 and 14; wearing black trenchcoats, arrested after they attempted to carjack vehicle; on their way to attack school with numerous weapons.

3-16-04
Josh Magee, Malcolm High School, Malcolm, Nebraska
Arrested after pipe bombs and a rifle were found in his car outside school as he contemlated attacking: "Magee was dressed in camouflaged pants and a black trench coat...."

3-21-05
Jeff Weise, 17, wearing black trenchcoat, shoots seven at Red Lake HS, MN.

10-19-05
Lafayette, CA Goth killer Scott Dyleski, 18. Convicted of murdering his neighbor, the wife of noted "CourtTV" commentator Daniel Horowitz. Wore a black trenchcoat.

11-20-05
Tacoma, WA Mall Shooter Dominick Sergio Maldonado, 20, of Tacoma, 6 wounded(1 critical)
Wearing long black trenchcoat when he began his rampage.

2-1-06
Black trenchcoat-wearing Jacob D. Robida, 18, New Bedford, Massachusetts gay bar slasher/shooter.

3-20-06
Kyle Huff, 28, Seattle rave slayer, 7 dead, owned a black trenchcoat, attacked a party of goth ravers.

5-11-06
Hans Van Themsche, 18, wearing a black trenchcoat, shot 3 people on an Antwerp street.

8-30-06
Alvaro Rafael Castillo, 19, Orange High School, Hillsborough NC 1 lightly wounded, suspect's dad dead at home. Wore a black trenchcoat in the attack.

9-13-06
Kimveer Gill, 25, Dawson Junior College, Montreal, Cananda 3 dead, 18 wounded. Wore a black trenchcoat in the attack.

11-20-06
ex-student Sebastain Bosse, 18, Geschwister Scholl School, Emdetten, Germany (1 dead, 5 wounded) Wore a black trenchcoat in the attack.

1-19-07
John "Jack" Odgren, 16, Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School, Framingham/Sudbury, Massachusetts
Stabbed a 15year old boy to death in the school bathroom. "Two juniors yesterday said the student now accused of the killing often wore a trench coat to school."

2-12-07
Sulejman Talovic, 18 SLC, Utah, Trolley Square massacre shooter. Used a shotgun to kill six and wound four more. Wore a dark trenchcoat during the attack.

10-10-07
Asa Coon, 14, Success Tech HS, Cleveland, OH 1 dead, 4 wounded
A goth, he often wore trenchcoat to school.

12-9-07
Matthew Murray, 18, kills 4, injures many others in two locations. Was wearing a black trenchcoat at the New Life Church attack in Colorado Springs, according to some media accounts.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join