It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(AIASP) The searchlight searching light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The Lighthouse felt cold and alone in a strange place. So one day it began searching for the warmth and beauty of Light...not realizing that the tool it was searching with was light, not seeing the light within itself...like the eye that could not see itself.

Its searchlight spread over the land, searching, desperately longing for a sparkle of light. Finally its light fell upon an object on the ground that reflected its light. "I´ve found the light!" it thought....not noticing that it itself provided that light. They joy of finding that object was short-lived when our little Lighthouse found out that the objects light was rather dim and could not be permanently sustained. The Lighthouse went on to gather further objects outside itself, always in the mistaken hope of being provided Light, never noticing itself as the source of that Light.

Then one day, the unthinkable happened. Its searchlight fell upon another Lighthouse. Another Lighthouse! Not having noticed its own light, it had never seen such a bright light before. And it fell in love. The only problem was, that the other Lighthouse did not always shine its light on our little Lighthouse. And in those moments, our little Lighthouse felt colder and more abandoned than ever before. It had gotten to know what true shining warmth and light is, but when the other Lighthouses light shone elsewhere, it was in shock. Our Lighthouse had become addicted to that other Lighthouse light because it still did not recognize itself as a source of light.

Then finally one day someone visited the Lighthouse and held up a mirror to it. For the first time the Lighthouse saw that what it was searching with, was what it was searching for. And it was enlightened.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Precious. It reminded me of our entire planet, and how important the inward journey is, when we stop looking outside our selves and begin to look within for our light.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Its nice how you take the time to lovingly comment on almost every short story posted.

Yes...the story is a metaphor about people looking "out there" for answers rather than within.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
"Oh" Skyfloating, I very much love this storyas well as your Egypt thread. Also I am addicted to your Law of Attraction thread. I check it for new posts regularly. ... Tomorrow

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomorrow
"Oh" Skyfloating, I very much love this storyas well as your Egypt thread. Also I am addicted to your Law of Attraction thread. I check it for new posts regularly. ... Tomorrow

Ive never seen your name before, although you´re a member since 2004. You must be the one secretly lurking in the background

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Very good...very deep, very short, but very good...

I think you may have set a new level in this competition, damn...

I cant flag or star though, would like to, already did that with another thread, and in the end it just works against me...

Might have to revise my next story..

Regards,

JQ.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I liked it Sky

It was romantice and made me think.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

Becker

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Q

Might have to revise my next story..

I just read your story and I think it competes just fine.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thanks, appreciated.... I think Intrepid said we could submit three stories, might be wrong, and as youve raised the level by quite a bit I thought I would try again..ha ha.

I wonder if Extralien has read your story yet...very quiet in response.

Regards,

JQ.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The laws of jealousy and attraction and enlightenment :-)

Beautiful.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Very enjoyable tale.

It's funny how we can make light of things.

MonKey

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by John Q

Lol, Yes I've read it and was quite impressed by the idea behind it all.

it should do well, as should everyone elses story too..

I'm just a little concerned on how literally the contest rules will be taken by the judges. Even my story has a few imperfections I'd rather not be there so as to enforce the entire 'being alone in a strange place' and to quote Intrepid,

a sole person in a new, unviolated environment.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Influencing the judges again?

The "Lighthouse" in my story is metaphorically a "person".

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   

But seriously, i did enjoy it.

Very nice concept.

top topics

join