It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(AIASP) Never Really...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
hope you enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never Really... Alone in a Strange Place

Here I am again, alone in a strange place. My darkest hour, in this vacuum of space. A place I was sent to. I've been here before you see and they say that sometimes you can never go home, but how does anyone know. And how do they know anything?

Just a few moments ago I was learning of course. Like everybody else trying my best to fulfil expectations. To be a good one and to be status quo. But now I have found myself in the secret place.

Well anyways the past is passed and here I am. How do you describe nothing to a person? How can you take away absolutely every frame of reference from our world yet create something new? The only thing I can know is that this something new is mine. My strange place and my space. My void of anything. A place so far gone, its beyond any tiny shred of anything. But I am here, and I am amazed that I am able to be here, able to see here, and able to think.

How did I get here again? How can I be by myself? Am I alone?

I start to make out plastic bag words being pulled over me, rhythmically fed to me like a disease. In this somewhat of a nothing I find I can make myself hear them more. I forget their pain and and I listen. I remember these words and their meaning but they are not from me. Commands I don't want to do, sentences that don't make sense, double meanings and hurtful things about me and everything I knew slowly getting crushed under the weight of something that's almost not there. Something I am beginning to recognize.

I can fight. I almost fall victim to the words as they try to pull me somewhere else. I listen with an open heart and I feel it die. I listen with a soften mind and I feel it ruin me. I focus and focus and try to keep my soul clear. I test ever word and I make note of what is being said to me just as quickly as I forget it.

This game gets old and like a kid looking for candy, it starts to feel like I am able to leave this place. I see two circles of translucent whiteness shotgunned into my face. I sharpen my vision as the whitened blur becomes more colorful and brightens up this space. I can see somebody I've seen before and the memory shoots through this strange place like jumbo movie theatre screen inside my mind.

“You are an bad child” I hear.

“You # piece of # nothing...”

“Now be good and come over and...”

I can fight. As I realize I am looking at myself I realize that the spoon-fed death sentences are not my own words. Something is telling me I can fight.

“No more” I say. Words, this time from me, loaded with infinite strength.

I pull myself out of the mirror as I stand up, look at the man who sent me to my strange place, with the dead stare of being to hell and back my eyes once again are burning. This time they are burning with the strength of God thats been given to me. I smile with unconditional love like a short bit of heaven at my perpetrator as the hand puts the rag over my face, and the chemicals attack. My eyes burn. Pulling me back, to the strange place. Although that man got his way, I know whatever strange place I find myself in, I am never truly alone.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Very deep and almost lyrical. Are you a poet by nature?
A very feeling piece, thought provoking.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Enlightenment - Birth - Death - Enlightenment. Good one

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Whoa thanks you guys!
I was kinda in a mood to put something like this out there and AIASP was perfect. I am not really a poet though, but I do try to write songs sometimes so I guess its pretty much the same, and have definately spend alot of time learning to write in general I guess.
It is really dark and moody though so I hope you guys didn't mind being brought to the deep end so to speak.

thanks for the comments it made my day!

top topics

join