It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: Now police are told they can use Taser guns on children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

UK: Now police are told they can use Taser guns on children

Police have been given the go-ahead to use Taser stun guns against children.
The relaxing of restrictions on the use of the weapons comes despite warnings that they could trigger a heart attack in youngsters.

police can taser kids
I know this article is from last year but, a good topic anyways, IMO.
Tasers have been frequent topic of conversations recently. A topic that has been brought about due to the great misuse of these non-lethal weapons by police.
Non-lethal, IMO, is the wrong classification. As stated in the article, they can cause a heart attack in younger people. I believe "people in general" should be the statement of choice instead of young people. You never know who has a heart problem.
What kills me is that these UK police are even allowed to use then on kids. If a cop cannot overpower and restrain a kid without a weapon, they need to reexamine the academy!
I am so tired of the police given very few limits. To say that they can use them even on an unarmed person is totally unacceptable.
I do have one question for those folks in or around the UK. Since this story was written last year, have there been major stories of the police tasering kids?

join