It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Primary Win a Republican Strategy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I was thinking about the come from behind victories of candidate Barack Obama lately and can't help to think (esp. now i'm glued to this website everyday) that this can be a republican strategy (or conspiracy). the clinton's beat the republican once, and they might be thinking mccain vs obama is more winnable than mccain vs clinton. please tell me what you think.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Whatever going on obama was definately the media favorite. Whether your right or not we will see, but i do understand where your coming from, and you will find your not alone in your opinion.

You gotta look at who normally votes republican, and would they really vote for obama. I am not just talking about how he is black, he has nothing but being a cult figure going for him. Whre does he stand on anything, and he seemed pretty poor to me at debating, when the debates were going.

At the end of the day you have a 50-50 chance of being right, and i think alot of republicans see him as the weakest one, no matter how they play it in the media.

Time will tell, but does obama offer more than just being a cult leader, where no one can speak out against the man because he was black.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
i've heard him explain quite a few stances on issues.
i don't think the republicans wish to face him first choice. i think
they'd LOVE to face hillary. theres a lotta "clinton" stuff to bash her
with the next year...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by last time here
i've heard him explain quite a few stances on issues.
i don't think the republicans wish to face him first choice. i think
they'd LOVE to face hillary. theres a lotta "clinton" stuff to bash her
with the next year...

Americans want a change. The old "Red Threat" guard is retired or dead. Millions of baby boomers have moved into positions of influence in this country, and unlike GEn X and Gen Y voters next in line and some of the old guard before them, understand there is nothing to fear from a black man or a women in office. At the same time, they realize, ALONG WITH MOST OF AMERICA, that a change in leadership is WAY overdue. You can only steal so much from the people before they get wise, and we have gotten wise. I think they will allow this transition in leadership, allow the "wheat" to grow again, and in 8 years or so bring in the "reaper" Republican style right wing holier than thou's to collect the accumulated wealth of the working man once again; UNLESS we remember not to fall for the same old shell (shill?) game AGAIN. Come to think of it,it may be the Baby Boomers that finally help bring this to a head in the coming years........

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
YNOT!!! that was very well said. america is ready and i am
proud of my country!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Maybe I'm infected with Obamamania but I see a conspiracy here of a different sort. A "benevolent conspiracy". The old time politicians were so entrenched that there was virtually no way to get rid of them. Hillary v. McCain was something I think was in the works since 2000 on both sides of our supposed 2 party system.

A few people working with Obama over the past 4 years have brought the man to the brink of an historical presidency. I think there was a secret conspiracy dating back to the DNC of 2004 to get this man elected. It was a conspiracy of those who wanted to be done with the Clintons and had to work very carefully within the Democratic Party to make that happen without destroying the Party. Then they handed the conspiracy off to the voters of Iowa and South Carolina and showed people that there was a new way to do politics.

The real "Obama Conspiracy" is best summed by the man himself:

"...nothing can stand in the way of the power of millions of voices calling for change."

As for his "specifics", if you think he's vague on issues, then you're not paying attention. Yesterday he released an 8 page PDF detailing just his economic plans. He went over it in a speech in Wisconsin yesterday for about an hour. His proposed "Credit Card Bill of Rights" alone should win him the election. It makes so much sense.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I for the life of me cannot understand how Obama can represent change when all of his advisors are just recycled from previous presidencies and all of his primary contributors are the same people who support McCain and Hillary and the lot.

The only change Obama will bring is the hue of the face telling us lies. He is one of "them".

I think he will win and he has given himself enough of a loophole in his stated Iraq war policy to avoid withdrawal of troops and one year after taking office everyone will be asking themselves "how did this happen?"

He is the Manchurian candidate.

Granted, Obama is nowhere near as vile as Hillary or McCain.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by Tinhatman]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It's so obvious its almost nauseating. Sean Hannedy and Fox News are pushing Obama so hard, you'd think he was running for the GOP.

The republican party is definatively pushing Obama, no questions asked.

Next.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
There is no difference between the two parties. It is a sham to keep the People divided. Of course Scam Hannitey is pushing Obama, he is just another Statist tool.

top topics

join