It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Count Me Out' - Spielberg Quits Olympics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

'Count Me Out' - Spielberg Quits Olympics

news.sky.com

Oscar-winning film director Steven Spielberg has quit his role as artistic adviser to the Beijing Olympics because the Chinese government refuses to act over the fighting in Darfur.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ft.com

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Finally someone spoke up against the Chinese.

China buys two-thirds of Sudan's oil exports. In turn, China sells weapons to the Sudanese government and has defended Khartoum in the U.N. Security Council.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
He did know that the Olympics were being held in China when he agreed to the job didn't he? Their stance with Darfur hasn't changed much since he took it, so I guess I don't know what he was expecting. Did he think that they would change their political policy because an American director was their artistic advisor?

I don't have a problem with him taking a stand against what is going on in Darfur, but this just seems like an odd way of going about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Yeh thats true very 'odd'! He should have known their stance in first place to take up the job.But i guess he thought he could make a 'difference' by taking up the job and than quiting it,stirring up a big issue.

top topics

join