It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Pyramids of China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Originally posted by IvanZana
Dont you ever wonder why our structures are built so poorly and 'temporary' in present day compared to the ancients?

No, because we dont.

It may not last as long as a pile of rocks, but its certainly not poorly built.

Answer my other questions.

Also, why would our ancestors build something that can last thousands of years, they msut of planned that.

No skyskraper will last more than 100 or more years.

By the way, this is not a thread you can debunk, give up. It is a learning thread. Post information and pictures to make this fun for people rather than spewing really thoughtless opinions.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Dont you ever wonder why our structures are built so poorly and 'temporary' in present day compared to the ancients?

No, because we dont.

It may not last as long as a pile of rocks, but its certainly not poorly built.

Answer my other questions.

Demanding, aren't you?

Whatever happened to trying to answer one's own questions?

Whatever, I'll answer for Merka:

I have to ask, Did these ancient peoples coincidentally build the pyramids all over the world at almost the same time frame without having any contact with eachother or did they corroberate with eachother?

Straw man. These cultures didn't build at the same time, the pyramids they built are radically different and the Chinese ones are earth mounds, which you may call pyramids but they do not compare in any real way with Egyptian or Mesoamerican pyramids.

We don't wish to spend two-thirds of the country's gross national product on one single building.

Originally posted by IvanZanaHow and why did we lose the ability and knowledge of not only building the pyramids but the reason for it?

We haven't "lost the ability."
We don't know the "reason" for a large number of things that we have found from the ancient world. We have to infer the reason from available evidence.

Originally posted by IvanZanaAlso, why would our ancestors build something that can last thousands of years, they msut of planned that.

Firstly, they built from large stones. They last longer than a steel frame. Secondly, they had in mind that the pyramid would be continually revisited by the soul of the King. If it didn't last, the King's soul might get lost.

Harte

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
EDIT: DAMMIT HARTE, YA BEAT ME!!!

Well now he got lots of answers to dig through.

reply to post by IvanZana

Fine I'll try to answer your question if you want.

Also, why would our ancestors build something that can last thousands of years, they msut of planned that.

Yes they did plan it. They planned to use stone. Ancients had many options when it came to building material: stone, wood, mud, metal, concrete and other localized methods. Metal wasnt so much used though, I'm only heard of the Indians using girders in temples, otherwise its mainly clamps to hold stone together. Concrete was also a sort of side part like the metal, I cant think of any old building entirely of concrete off hand.

Anyway, what this meant is that if you want to build BIG, stone was the only solid option. The Egyptians did build mud brick pyramids: they're almost totally collapsed today.

No skyskraper will last more than 100 or more years.

You sure? There are skyscrapers older than 100 years in New York. The Chrysler Building (one of the most beautiful structures I know of, sadly I've never seen it in person) is almost going over 80 years now.

How and why did we lose the ability and knowledge of not only building the pyramids but the reason for it?

Pyramid building is all about what the Pharaoh wanted. We have not really lost the ability to do it, just the will. And the knowledge, as there was little to pass on, is lost yes. Alas, there wasnt any "Pyramid Construction High School" in Cairo. When they declined in power, pyramids where no longer needed nor wanted.

You can compare this with churches. Imagine if the religion was gone: no Christianity anymore, nothing. Would we still build cathedrals and churches? (well we dont really do it anymore anyway, lol).

It seems that mabey the pyramids were built so sturdy to survive earth catacalysms as well as possibly making the pyramids not only calendars but a clock to predict the next cataclysms or shifts of ages which could of wiped out our ancestors many times before.

Its actually not a bad idea, but its overkill. And since there is little writings or space inside the pyramid, it would be inneffective to build it as some sort of shelter or legacy. I mean, a pyramid half the size would have been just as good for this purpose (the smaller pyramids on Giza are still standing).

There are many pyramids in China, Egypt, Mexico.

I have to ask, Did these ancient peoples coincidentally build the pyramids all over the world at almost the same time frame without having any contact with eachother or did they corroberate with eachother?

Yes. Each of these used DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES with DIFFERENT PURPOSES. The Chinese pyramids are more big burial mounds than actual "pyramids". The Mexico pyramids all served a specific purpose: either to raise buildings or be used as a ritual location. Most of them are also quite small with step design. In comparison, the Egyptians built their pyramids very tall and very sturdy, with no exterior purpose (other than to intimidate perhaps). There are many technologies that are similar in the world.

How about the Aztec ball-through-wall-loop arena and the Colosseum? Basicly the same principle. That doesnt mean the Aztecs went to Rome to try to replicate it. It just means it served the same purpose: A crowd on benches needed to see an open area. Or another example, the obsidian blades that look remarkable like metal swords. Yet again, something that serves the same purpose: an extension of your arm to hurt the enemy.

Back in the ancient days, people werent as dumb as we thought they where. They didnt go to school to learn structural engineering for 5 years. They had to figure it out as they went. I give them credit for more intelligence than your average hillbilly American

Now my fingers are tired

[edit on 15-2-2008 by merka]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
WHy dont you self rightous debunkers PROVIDE information to learn from, you know, sources, links pictures.

These threads arent a game to practice you typing and debating skills.

Lets make this an educational thread. Not many people know about the chinese pyramids and I am not alone when I say this that lots of people think is pretty lame to just try to kill threads with comments like... Meh nothing to see her bla bla... sheesh.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Here is a youtube video of the Pyrmids of China, as seen from Google earth.

INtersting is that some of the pyramids of an Aztec look to them.

Previously undiscovered pyramids have suddenly popped their pointy tops (metaphorically speaking) into view on three continents. Starting in the East, divers, underwater cameras and sonar equipment have revealed a large complex of structures at the bottom of Fuxian Lake in southwest China’s Yunnan province. The site includes a circular “Colosseum-like” building and two tall structures said to be curiously reminiscent of Mayan pyramids. One of these has a base 204ft (63m) wide supporting five floors reaching up to 68ft (21m) high. The other, slightly smaller, structure has three fl oors with linking steps. A rock road 23ft (7m) wide connects the two pyramid-like buildings. Preliminary carbon-dating indicates that the complex originated in the Qin and Han dynasties, c.2000 years ago. Archæologists think the buildings slid into the lake during an earthquake. diving-news.com; diving-industry.com
www.forteantimes.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

WHy dont you self rightous debunkers PROVIDE information to learn from, you know, sources, links pictures.

Lets make this an educational thread. Not many people know about the chinese pyramids and I am not alone when I say this that lots of people think is pretty lame to just try to kill threads with comments like... Meh nothing to see her bla bla... sheesh.

Okay. But wait! In the following post, you have yourself claimed that:

1) All over the world, pyramids were being built at "almost the same time,"

2)The pyramids (I suppose you meant all of them?) "might" be clocks and calendars that are possibly made to predict future cataclysms,

3)Today's construction is "poor" in comparison to the ancients',

4)There is something special about the pyramids that makes it unexplainable why we cannot say absolutely for certain how they were built or why they were built (yet the same is true of any number of other ancient structures with no big "mystery" about why we don't know the same truths about these.)

There are many pyramids in China, Egypt, Mexico.

It seems that mabey the pyramids were built so sturdy to survive earth catacalysms as well as possibly making the pyramids not only calendars but a clock to predict the next cataclysms or shifts of ages which could of wiped out our ancestors many times before.

How and why did we lose the ability and knowledge of not only building the pyramids but the reason for it?

So, before I, who have absolutely and certainly provided more links here at ATS than most other "debaters" as you put it, provide my evidence, may I ask:

Where's yours?

Harte

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Building long-lasting pyramids out of large blocks of stone requires an uncommon combination of circumstances. A lot of ancient cultures developed in areas where they didn't have access to large areas of workable stone. The Cahokia culture of the American Midwest, for instance, was situated in the Mississippi River Valley, which is good for trade and agriculture, but doesn't have a lot of workable stone nearby. They made some pretty big pyramid-shaped mounds, but couldn't build them with long-lasting stone. A few of the mounds are still around, but most were destroyed over the years by people and natural forces.

Egypt was fortunate to be a good combination of a successful river culture that also had access to large amounts of workable stone, as well as a strong government capable of organizing a large work force. Large (non-pyramidal) monuments of ancient Babylon/Persia have also lasted a long time, because they had a similar setup.

I should say that our large highway systems are pretty well built, and Hoover Dam will likely be here 10,000 years from now in some form. So we deserve some credit.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

What is in our posts that require sources?

This forum is apparently for discussing opinions, theories and fictional ideas without anything to back it up. I've been beaten down for trying to argue against that before, but you're not really supposed to.

Besides, it hard to provide sources against fantastical claim. Why? Because our beloved "mainstream science" rarely post specific articles that refute them. If someone claim that 70,000 year ago there was a advanced civilization in America, are we supposed to dig up the entire American history and show them?

[edit on 15-2-2008 by merka]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Not what i ment.

Offer more evidence and research so people can learn aboput the pyramids in China.

Also, when people google Chinese pyramids they just might get ATS so lets make it entertaining and educational.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by liv074_v.2

Hi

yuor comment there was no pyramids 5,000 bc is very much incorrect, the Uru of ancient Australia wre building pyramids up to 200,000 years ago, see Rex gilroy for futher information, the Uru spred across the old world and gave it pyramid building.

cheers warp10

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Good old Rex

I use to debate a Rex believer for many years on another website.

Nope sorry his information is a ton of made up stuff. He has no supporting evidence and the URU exist in his mind only.

AATS you do known that there are people out in the world who make up stuff and insist its correct? It doesn't mean they are actually correct. LOL

You should start a thread on old Rex's theories.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Years ago I read that this region was off limits to all foreigners, along with some strange stories of an inexplicable sickness that had swept a large town in the same provence. It was published that it was related to some kind of mind control experiment. People were becoming completely lost within their own village and complained of a noise eminating from inside their head. The result was an inability to navigate in a familiar environment. (Does anyone remember this story, about 15 years ago).

Sorry, off topic, but high strangeness in China may become the flavour of the month with the Olympics so I was trying to get a few facts about stories from the last few years.

What is a good resource for the dropa stones? I have always been fascinated by this but there is very limited information available. Any good references appreciated.

Are they a proven hoax?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Dropa Stones or more probably Bi discs

Short answer: a Daniken fake, Long answer: see below

The link

You can try the following from the Hall of Ma'at

The link

"According to the German Review ?Das Vegetarishe Universum?, a Chinese archaeologist Chi Pu Tei discovered a series of graves arranged in rows in caves in the Bayan Kara Uula Mountains on the Chinese-Tibet borders in 1938. The cave walls were apparently decorated with figures in round helmets and the Sun, Moon and stars linked together by groups of small dots.

In these graves Chi Pu Tei and his assistants discovered 716 stone discs with drawings and indecipherable hieroglyphics which appeared to be thousands of years old. The discs had a hole in the centre (like a gramophone record) from which a double groove traces out a spiral to the circumference. They were not sound tracks but a kind of writing. "When finally freed of all incrustacians the discs were sent to Moscow where it was found that they contained large amounts of cobalt and that they were rhythmically pulsating as though they had electrical charges in them." (33)"

The astute reader may have recognised that these are the infamour and unreal Dropa Stones.

Keith LIttleton asked about this book, and one Ben Waggoner replied with this:

Well, the UC-Berkeley library does have a copy listed in
their catalogue. Or at least a book by the same author
with almost that title, although there are a couple of
discrepancies between what you posted and the Berkeley
record:

Call #: D62 .G65 1966 Main Stack

Author: Gorbovskii, Aleksandr.

Title: Zagadki drevneishei istorii : kniga gipotez /
Aleksandr
Gorbovskii.
Moskva : "Znanie," 1966.
175 p. ; 15 cm.

Subjects: History, Ancient.
Prehistoric peoples.

So the complete title is "Zagadki drevneishei istorii: kniga
gipotez" ("Riddles of ancient history: A book of hypotheses."
Assuming that this is the book you're looking for, notice
that the second word is "drevneishei", not "drevnei" (both
mean "ancient", but "drevneishei" is more emphatic). Note that
the publisher is "Znanie" ("Knowledge"), not "Soviet Publishers".
Also, the author's also listed in the Berkeley catalog as
"Gorbovskii, Aleksandr Alfredovich" -- Alfredovich being his
patronymic, or middle name derived from his father's name.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Good info. Cheers. I just found an old post dealing with the drolpa myth.

It does seem that this region is mysterious, hoaxes or otherwise. The fact it was off limits for so long may have stimulated myth.

I remember a chinese student in the early 90's who was studying with me claiming some great stories about the region with the pyramids. It involved subterranean mysteries and experimentation that the government wanted to cover up. The student claimed to have heard this info in "connected circles", he was a son of someone important from Hong Kong. I had become fascinated with these stories and it is only now I have remembered to chase it up on the net after seeing the post about the pyramids.

So the key is what does the chinese government want to hide?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by serpentine

Good question, the lack of evidence for so much stuff is blamed on "governments". I find it a somewhat lackluster explanation. One wonders why all different governments would be into the suppression of archaeology anyway - especially since most sites are looted by non-legal people anyway.

It's one of the many excuses for no evidence, the next level above the "government" is the macro world controlling conspiracy!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
So true. Perhaps the government is "protecting" something rather than covering something up. I was deviating from the pyramids to the general region. It was the alleged experiments and strict isolation of the area that had attracted my attention to these stories. I had read about the pyramids and met someone who claimed local knowledge, reinforcing the idea that there was a strange history there.

If anyone remembers the story about the alleged mind control experiments there please post. I am sure it was a village very near there. Haven't found a discussion about it here on ATS. It was back before the web that I first heard about this so I don't think it was a web hoax. Sorry if I have gone off topic.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by serpentine

Not enough to go on I'm afraid. You might try a forum that has Taiwanese/Hong Kong based native speakers. They might be able to give you a clue.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I beleived all this pyrimid building took place with the help of our friends from the stars or they were our teaches . I'am I wrong to assume this? Izzy

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join