It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mind/god theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
does buddhism have it right? are we on a karmic journey where the ultimate goal is to reach enlightenment via the discipline of the body and mind, to be buddha? what about the people who have developed extraordinary abilities...like telekinesis, astral projection, or lucid dreaming? have they tapped into their mind's power or something more divine?

if any god exists at all, i propose that the supreme being we call god [or whatever name from whatever religion] is our mind. this mind is interwoven between all humans, and we are using it right now, to what degree or potential varies. i think the mind is the key to everything in this universe, and we do not give it enough credit.

the reason i say our mind is god is because that is the only place god can exist. you have this supreme being who has always been, who is separate from time and space. if one believes in a god creation, before the universe was created, there was god. if one believes in the big bang but still believes in god, than that's cool too. god cannot live and god cannot die. god exists in all time frames at the same time, essentially being able to be in the past, present, and future at will or always.

the only reason that god's omnipresence does not explode our brains is because we can accept this as logically possible. if god is supreme and has always existed without any material universe and since time only exists in reference to material objects and their movement through space, we can accept that god can be anywhere at any time. the rules of time do not effect god.

the reason why this makes sense logically to us is because we can experience time this way in our mind. we can relive yesterday as vividly as it happened twenty-four hours ago. we can postulate how it was to live on a certain date back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth. we fantasize about the future and the infinite possibilities our advanced technology could bring to humanity. we, essentially, create these parallel realities in our mind without any time restraints.

this is why people are finding out they can do anything they want if they expand their mind far enough. the mind starts off weak at birth. it does not know it's full potential. gradually, they start thinking outside of the box, coloring outside the mind-lines. there have been too many accounts of extraordinary abilities to think there is not some validity, no matter how minute, to it. personally, i am sick of popular religions saying that we are inconsequential, that we cannot do anything without god, that the individual does not matter. i have never felt that to be right. i have felt power within me, nothing external. are people finally tapping their god potential?

without our mind, god could not exist, so what would be the use for god? from humanity's perspective, we would not even be having this discussion, because we would just be accepting the fact we exist, not questioning it.

i theorize that human beings in our fleshly bodies contain the brain [haha i should just stop there]. in this brain contains the mind, and the mind is god. this consciousness of our mind has existed always and will exist always with or without fleshly bodies. if this theory is true, what value does our life have? are we all separate individuals, or just different representations of god, walking around?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I do not claim to understand the full nature of god but it may help you to study collective unconsciousness and ponder what and all powerful being would do if it got very VERY lonely

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HuntaXX
I do not claim to understand the full nature of god but it may help you to study collective unconsciousness and ponder what and all powerful being would do if it got very VERY lonely

god is very lonely, and that is why humans were created with god in our brain. this supreme being could control any of us at any moment. god could even be controlling me like a meat puppet to write this post right now, for all i know.

in our brains we have the power of god, so if we can figure out how to open our mind completely, we would essentially be god as well. maybe god even intended is to happen, so it wouldn't be alone anymore. it would tie into theories of reincarnation and karma. we are on a journey to be enlightened, to become gods, and if we do not get it right, our souls journey on until we do.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
We are but men. Our minds can not comprehend the fullness of the personality of God the All. To assume any religion has it right is to be wrong. They don't have it wrong, that doesn't make it right.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
brain and mind are two very different things and yes the buddists are as close I believe as any religion has ever been to getting it right. God does not exist in the sense of some physical being who has just always been and always will be and makes planets and inhabitants as sources of amusement.

the very idea is hilarious.

We are so much more than we realize we are. We are a part of everything without being aware of it. When we die.. this physical prison loses its hold on our mind and we are free to be everything or nothing all at once. That is as close to being god as you can get.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I believe that god is the only thing that really exists at all. and that all other living things are like he broke a small piece of himself off and gave it a body and that we are all intentionally kept ignorant of this fact to give life meaning. kind of like how a lonely person creates split personalities for company, they are all the same person but are not aware of the fact. i could be better at explaining things but hopefully you understand what i mean

[edit on 13-2-2008 by HuntaXX]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HuntaXX

That is only one of several layers of reality when dealing with the fullness of God and if you only see one layer as the "real" they you really miss God in the fullness.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What bothers me about the true nature of reality is i hold free will to be the most important thing and my code of ethics prevents me from intentionally infringing on another's free will unless they forfeit it by doing so to another. but if what i suspect about the true nature of reality is true it means free will doesn't really exist and to me that is just unfair

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HuntaXX

Again, you're not seeing the multileveled reality.

Every part of your body is you. But if you're hand offends you it would be better you cut it off and put it into the fire then require fire for the full body.

Don't try to overthink it. You can not. I can not. We are men. The best we can hope to do is be free in the flow of the energy of the universe and alow the will of God take us where we are suposed to be.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
Don't try to overthink it. You can not. I can not. We are men. The best we can hope to do is be free in the flow of the energy of the universe and alow the will of God take us where we are suposed to be.

what i am theorizing is that the will of god and human are the same thing. our freedom of will only exists because god is our mind, and god is supreme. we only have choices because we were enabled to do so. what we do with this free will, i think determines how god-like we are in our progress to enlightenment.

though is it really "doing no wrong" that best harnesses this gift of free will? i think maximizing our mind's potential may be the road to take to achieve enlightenment. maybe one needs to dedicate their mind to its evolution. maybe only after we can manipulate energy and move things with our mind can we first taste the first steps of our destiny. maybe it has nothing to do with being "good or bad".

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
And what of those that find this reality flawed and want to take a shot at doing things differently one day?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by banyan
what i am theorizing is that the will of god and human are the same thing. our freedom of will only exists because god is our mind, and god is supreme.

That's an imperfect percpetion. The will of God is that we should seek to befound right within the Will of God. The will of man is basicly the will of the beast nature that mankind alows the animal to control.

A Man is a being of flesh and spirit. If the man seeks after the will of the flesh it will lose the spirit. If the man seeks the will of the spirit it will lose the flesh.

If mankind seeks the will of the flesh mankind will devolve.
If mankind seeks the will of the spirit mankind will evolve.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
They say fractals prove that the micro makes up the macro. in other works that everything big is made up of many small things. is it possible that everything in existence makes something larger still? like the way our bodies are made of millions of different cells? and where does it end?

[edit on 14-2-2008 by HuntaXX]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HuntaXX
They say fractals prove that the micro makes up the macro. in other works that everything big is made up of many small things. is it possible that everything in existence makes something larger still? like the way our bodies are made of millions of different cells? and where does it end?

[edit on 14-2-2008 by HuntaXX]

many twilight zone episodes make this argument. once you start questioning the building blocks of life and all that we perceive, you can never end the cycle and are doomed to an infinite loop of unanswered hypothesizes. this is where humanity is and where humanity will ever remain.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
As far as i'm concerned we all live our lives and I can't see why we'd need a God, or why there is one. If we were a chip off of God, then he must have severe multi-personality disorder, or we'd be identical in thought.

I think the mind is just an evolutionary tool. Hmm, I am not too sure on the matter, I think there are things with more power than man, but not like, and all powerful eternal being, that's just impossible.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinnj
I think the mind is just an evolutionary tool. Hmm, I am not too sure on the matter, I think there are things with more power than man, but not like, and all powerful eternal being, that's just impossible.

what do you think is more powerful than humans? are you talking about beings of this world or of the universe? are you defining power as overall capability and not just physical or even mental greatness?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm talking about neither, not of this world OR of the universe, i'm talking in more of a spiritual sense, I don't think there is an eternal God, there might be a God, along with angels, and demons, but I don't think it is eternal, just maybe developed. My theory of that is that as more life forms thrived on planets (If they do exist on other planets.) Then maybe a sort of "God" arose as a result of joint consciousness? I'm just rambling on thoughts here.

So yes, in a more spiritual term, Ie. Possibly a god, angels, Demons.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinnj
Then maybe a sort of "God" arose as a result of joint consciousness? I'm just rambling on thoughts here.

so to you, god might only exist if there are beings to supplement a group consciousness, meaning the venue of god is the mind, whether it's a solo project or a group collaboration.

we only seem to communicate with whatever god through prayer/meditation/or other mental ritualistic means. we are using our mind, the only capable thing to connect us to a non-temporal non-corporeal being.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Exactly. Maybe God is just a way for our collective to achieve things normally unachievable. Maybe Christ is in all of us, a little part of God, (Although some view Christ AS God.)

Maybe THAT was the metaphorical meaning on Christ in the bible. That's my theory anyway.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
An interesting thread, so you think if there is a god its sort of a collective hive conciousness that we can't directly access?

Of course for places to exist you are only looking at the universe as having 3 dimensions of space. I'm trying to get my head around string theory and m-theory atm but can't understand it, at least 10 dimensions? Although i can understand a 4th dimension of space and time being 3 dimensional.

I'm an agnostic myself (I don't believe in god but I'm willing to listen to any evidence), but after too many deaths over the last few years I actually wish that I'm wrong because this planet and even galaxy wont last forever, if we find a way to escape then we still can't escape the big crunch (unless we bring an end to linear time). If there is nothing then all we are is insignificant as grains of sand blowing accross the desert. Belief isn't enough people need answers. Solid proof either way.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join