It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disabled dumped out of wheelchair by cops( You've got to see this video)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
its nice to see that ATS is rushing to judgement - based only on the claims of the alledged victim

No. We're rushing to judgement on what we see. A big fat black lady dumping a white man in a wheelchair on the floor.

If you think ANYONE deserves that, you have shown us how you got your name on here.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
"Sheriff's officials are investigating why a deputy in a jail booking video appears to dump a quadriplegic man out of his wheelchair"

APPEARS to dump a quadrriplegic man out of his wheelchair? I just love how this is worded, I saw the video on this morning's news and was APPALLED at what I saw...a deputy DUMPING a quadriplegic man out of his wheelchair. There is no excuse for this!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

arrested for a traffic violation

thats niceley vague , what " traffic violations " are arrestable offences ????????????
its nice to see that ATS is rushing to judgement - based only on the claims of the alledged victim
call me a desenitized thug - but not all people in wheelchairs are disabled in any way
and police officers in a custody suite expect to be lied to , and " disabled " certainly does not mean harmless
i have personally seen a one legged tramp aggrssivly begging in the street - and when he cornered a woman and baby in a corner - enough was enough , one kick ended it
all persons in custody - have to be searched - and its going to be done one way or another - if the arestee does not co operate - its going to be done the hard way

That wasn't a long wait.

Claims of the alledged victim? He doesn't have to open his mouth.
The jail's own video speaks for itself and provides evidence of a crime. And the method of determining whether or not a person in custody is actually disabled, and not just confining themselves to a wheelchair for the sheer fun and expense, is certainly anything but what that brain dead officer resorted to in that video. And "if the arrestee does not cooperate, it's going to be done the hard way." Are we talking about Neanderthals here? It'll be "hard" all right-- when the county taxpayers have to pony up hundreds of thousands in a civil suit and that moron finds herself in the unemployment line.

There is no rational excuse for that behavior. None.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
wow. That is a pretty disgusting video but I love the age we live in. I love all the video cameras and the Internet. Otherwise we would have never saw this video and of course if there is no video then it never happened. I hope this guy wins about 100 million dollars in a lawsuit.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It's a very sad situation, that I agree.

Unfortunately, the way the world is heading... well... not surprised at all.

Too bad we're belittling those who are morally(?) good, being as they aren't "up to date" in this very modern world.

Really, when it comes down to it... which one wins? Those who do, will always be in the "position" to look "down" on the others.

Tsk.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
i am going to go back and read all the posts but i wanted to get mine in real fast. i saw this on the news this morning as he was on there with his lawyer....in the vid man the cop just dumps his ass. what gets me is you can see by the way he is sitting in the chair(how his legs were positioned) that he was disabled..

friggin cops man...one more reason for me to very much 'dislike' and not trust them.
now i shall read the thread

edit*
ok. i read it all. i can't believe there is someone in here that is pretty much advocating it...unreal.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Boondock78]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is becoming a frequent occurrence.

Happened near here. Cop turned left and was looking down adjusting the song on his radio and hit a gentleman in a wheelchair who was in the CROSSWALK, dumping him out.

Then he jumps out of his car, ignoring proper procedure, which would be to not move the guy and call the ambulance to have trained technicians handle it, and grabs the guy and puts him back in the chair.

THEN to add insult to injury, they follow the guy to the ER and issue him a summons for CROSSING against the light.

Fortunately the Mayor came to his rescue, somewhat. However the chief of police, who has, in the past, delt fairly with such injustice, mishandled it further by saying the officer did nothing wrong.

The Mayor wanted to know what the heck the officers were doing listening to music on the radio. I'd like to know that too.

BTW, the officer initially offered that he was looking down, then recanted. This shows that there is enablement of this kind of coverup from the top. Someone probably advised him to recount and there's some evidence that they gave him a ticket to prevent him from suing.

Luckily the video got out and was posted on Youtube. Not sure of the status of the 'case', if any, but I do believe they forgave his ticket.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What would have happened if this was a black man in a wheel chair, being dumped by a white officer?

Does anyone think the reaction would have been different?

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

of course it would be different.
all holy hell would be cutting loose right now. the race pimps like sharpton and jackson would be out in full force.
you know it too

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
What would have happened if this was a black man in a wheel chair, being dumped by a white officer?

Does anyone think the reaction would have been different?

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Realtruth]

Whats the difference if he is black or white? Man's inhumanity to man has no color or race barrier.

I'm just waiting for some more details so perhaps I can post some info on flooding this police department with some MORE angry e-mails!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
there are many people in positions of power and trust such as the police who are in it for nothing but a good old power trip,hence why they are always susceptable to commiting acts such as throwing a disabled man out of his wheelchair.

when i read things such as this i like to sit back and remember they are entirely expendable to their superiors who dont give a jot about them and will throw them out with the garbage once thier usage has been consumed.

i also like to sit back and think of the world thier children will live in,how thier children and kin will suffer the ills they have helped to create.

this story is all about monkeys beating thier chests,im number one,i have a badge,do as i say,im bigger than you.

i also see alot of sadism in the police force,they gain pleasure out of others suffering,another trait shared by our chimpanzee cousins.

lastly why has this been removed from the breaking alternative news forum to here?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
In 1989, I was hit by a hit and run driver and was left on the side of the road with a broken leg.

When a cop car just happened by and I got them to stop by yelling and waving my hands, they acted like they didn't believe me and kept asking me questions that given the trauma I had just endured, I was unable to answer cogently.

Then, one of the officers stepped over me and in the process kicked my broken leg at which time I was convulsed with pain.

It should be noted that at the time I was hit by the car, I had just walked a brisk mile or so and besides not showing any outward signs of pain, I showed no reaction to the cold, either.

When I told my landlord, who was a former New Orleans chief-of-police how the officer had kicked my leg, he responded nonchalantly, "He was just checking to see if your leg was really broken", which was my suspicion from the moment it happened.

I am a supporter of the police in general and am respectful to them in all cases, but clearly, there are police who are corrupt, stupid, grandiose, and callous toward the suffering of others.

These are pretty common human frailties and we should not be surprised when such people wind up in uniform, but when they are identified they should be prosecuted to the maximum extent and terminated.

[edit on 2008/2/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Sorry the Police treated you this way Grady....you are correct when you say that there are bad apples in any profession and throughout life, unfortunately some of them are given power! In this case I think everyone who participated in this travesty should be fired!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Back in the late 70s we had some nutcase who showed up and forced his way into my apt. He had wrapped himself in bandages, like a mummy, but under his clothes.

We called the cops who eventually came.

When they got here they immediately launched into a keystone cops routine checking their walkie talkies. One would call the other and then walk a ways and say 'can you hear me now'. Then one walked to the other side of the building and did the same thing. It was as though they were oblivious to the real reason they were there.

In the mean time, the guy had gone to another apartment in the building and was attacking some girl. You could hear her yelling, but these morons were still too involved with playing with their equipment that I finally said 'well, I'm going to call the police again and get them to come and help this girl'

They eventually stopped and moseyed over to the other apartment. Never did find out what happened.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Back in the late 70s we had some nutcase who showed up and forced his way into my apt. He had wrapped himself in bandages, like a mummy, but under his clothes.

We called the cops who eventually came.

When they got here they immediately launched into a keystone cops routine checking their walkie talkies. One would call the other and then walk a ways and say 'can you hear me now'. Then one walked to the other side of the building and did the same thing. It was as though they were oblivious to the real reason they were there.

In the mean time, the guy had gone to another apartment in the building and was attacking some girl. You could hear her yelling, but these morons were still too involved with playing with their equipment that I finally said 'well, I'm going to call the police again and get them to come and help this girl'

They eventually stopped and moseyed over to the other apartment. Never did find out what happened.

Sounds like these two geek were straight out of the movie "Superbad"! The two cops in that movie were just hilariously keystone!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Cops continue to do this sort of thing and get away with it, because, no one ever really makes them answer for their dirty deeds.
I'd be very surprised if this deputy even loses her job. She seems quite please with herself at what she has just done. She's not sorry.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
Cops continue to do this sort of thing and get away with it, because, no one ever really makes them answer for their dirty deeds.
I'd be very surprised if this deputy even loses her job. She seems quite please with herself at what she has just done. She's not sorry.

Well I just heard that the Sheriff jst viewed all of the video and was "disgusted"! Imagine that.....someone is in deep kimshi!

[edit on 14-2-2008 by realmatrix]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'd go so far as to say that the Sheriff was visibly shaken when I saw him being interviewed.

He said that dismissal was likely and that criminal charges were possible.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Not arguing here, but I wonder if he would really be that upset if the incident had not caught press attention? Guess there is no way to know for sure. Did you catch the other deputy smiling as he was leaving view of the camera. They were all having a ball!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The video was indicative of an egregious systemic problem.

That the man would be dumped out of his chair is bad enough, but the fact that no one reacted to that action in a responsible way is an indictment of not one agency, but what looked to me to be at least two agencies.

Heads will roll and the Sheriff's could be one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join