It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul scales back hopeless effort, refuses to back McCain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Ron Paul scales back hopeless effort, refuses to back McCain

latimesblogs.latimes.com

He's not really quitting. He's not really suspending his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination. He's not promising victory, just to keep on keeping on. But, in effect, Rep. Ron Paul, at 72 the oldest candidate for president and the only GOP candidate to oppose the Iraq war, is facing reality.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This story is for those of you who think he dropped out.

He has another race to focus on. Simple as that. He needs to win his Texas bid before he can continue with his Presidential race.

Despite ridicule by other GOP candidates, despite getting significantly less time to speak during debates and, in one instance, even being barred from a GOP debate by Fox News although....

he'd collected more votes than those included, Paul repeated his vow not to attempt a third-party bid, which would drain priceless conservative votes from the party's nominee. "I am a Republican," he said, "and I remain a Republican." He did say he'd be reducing staff and offices.

America is looking for a change. McCain has proven that he is a huge douche and will continue the legacy of the Bush Empire.

The Clintons are Bush Ice and Obama is Bush Lite.

Who do you chose between?

Evil, really evil, really really freaking evil? Or a man who uses common sense and has voted repeatedly against war?

If you really care about this country and the world, make an intelligent decision in November.

Here is Paul's comments about McCain:

This morning Paul told one of our sister newspapers, "I cannot support anybody with the foreign policy he advocates, you know, perpetual war," said Paul. "That is just so disturbing to me."

Yeah no kidding. Its interesting how supposed CHRISTIANS who follow Christ's way of peace and love can support war at all.

Hypochristians more like it. I can't believe this country.

A "Christian" nation who goes to war. That makes a lot of sense.

latimesblogs.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Thanks biggie!

It needed to be said...

McCain has proven that he is a huge douche...

ROTFLMAO!!

Thanks for starting my day with a hearty laf!

So true, so true...

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

How do you think I was warned in the first place, good behavior
?

This is my second attempt at having ATS Republican/Conservative people wake up to McCain's insistence on warfare and violence.

The Democrats are no better and as you can imagine I am not a fan of either party.

I'm a Libertarian at heart, and above that, I am a citizen of the Earth.

We all want freedom.

Let's actually do something about it now.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The world could use a lot more good "bad" behavior.

Neither am I a fan of this corrupted political process.

IMHO, McCain's been ordained as the Repugnants choice to make the Democraps eventual selection more palatable to the anti-war masses.

One party trashes the world and the other comes along and wipes their butt and enables the next round of destruction.

The dichotomy of American political parties is nothing but a sham anyway, one hand simply washing the other, both attached to the same putrid body.

They're all tools of the corporate elite, and when it comes time to "vote" in the general election, I'm gonna write in Ron Paul no matter who they try to shove down our throats.

Like that image of the mouse flipping the bird to the descending predator as a last and ultimately futile sign of defiance.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
What really boggles my mind is how anyone can vote for anybody other than Ron Paul in the Republican primaries when you look at who the competition is, and was, before the others dropped out. The only possible reason, and it is by no means an excuse, is if you simply haven't heard of the guy, like so many out there haven't. If people actually knew who he was, and if the mainstream media hadn't portrayed him as totally doomed from day 1 of the race, maybe he'd actually have a chance.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
This is my second attempt at having ATS Republican/Conservative people wake up to McCain's insistence on warfare and violence.

*bump*

Is it even possible to wake the brain dead?

In that other thread that continues to insist that Paul "appears" to have given up, the OP is still using suspect figures to describe the delegate count.

Some people just love war, so long as they can get other people's kids to fight it for them...

top topics

join