It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hyperspace might become real for humans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Real-Life Hyperspace Drive?
Are you ready to make the jump to hyperspace? A controversial paper, outling a "motor [that] would propel a craft through another dimension at enormous speeds" is making waves in military and scientific circles, New Scientist reports. "It could leave Earth at lunchtime and get to the moon in time for dinner. There's just one catch: the idea relies on an obscure and largely unrecognised kind of physics."
The Scotsman notes that...

The theoretical engine works by creating an intense magnetic field that, according to ideas first developed by the late scientist Burkhard Heim in the 1950s, would produce a gravitational field and result in thrust for a spacecraft."

Also, if a large enough magnetic field was created, the craft would slip into a different dimension, where the speed of light is faster, allowing incredible speeds to be reached. Switching off the magnetic field would result in the engine reappearing in our current dimension.

Professor Jochem Hauser, one of the scientists who put forward the idea, told The Scotsman that... "NASA have contacted me and next week I'm going to see someone from the [US] air force to talk about it further, but it is at a very early stage. I think the best-case scenario would be within the next five years [to build a test device] if the technology works."

Personally i think this would be a huge step for human kind evolution, though i do not know if the government already posseses this kind of technology (in my opinion yes), to make a public review of this is awesome.
Let's just wait and hope this technology becomes avaiable for everyone

Original source
www.defensetech.org...

MOD EDIT:IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS. Please Review This Link

[edit on 12-2-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Achiro
Let's just wait and hope this technology becomes avaiable for everyone.

It already is. It's called the "imagination." Relax, close your eyes, and imagine yourself zipping through space at super-duper speed. Find a cool planet. Land and take a look around. Look at those orange clouds in the purple sky. Feel the icy wind on your face. Float over to those blue-black stone mountains. Is that some kind of 50 foot high gold (maybe titanium) doorway carved into that mountain face? Better go check it out.

Congratulations on your successful trans-dimensional flight! Oh, you forgot to bring back a souvenir? If you can go back any time you want, there's no need.

What was behind that doorway?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Or we could build a Stargate and get Richard Dean Anderson as a sidekick.lol By the way is it weird that I sometimes dream I'm the leader of SG-1 and Carter's uniform is a thong??

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
that'd be awesome if they could pull it off... but only 5 years before they could potentially test it, i'd think it'd be more like 20 or more for something like that. we can't even get a fight jet up and running in 5 years so a hyperspace aircraft sounds a little out their.

raptor1

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
it does sound like a short period of time to "make one" but one already made isnt out of the picture

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Can someone point out whats new with this?

I thought this kinda stuff had been proposed and theorized about for years and years.

With the main problem being having a power source potent enough to drive it?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yes but here we are talking of the possibility of actually building it, and they don't mention energy comsumption problems. Plus to actually have it on paper (plans) and to build a prototype is beyond what we have ever seen.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Only 3 years to wait, that article is originally from January 2006.

And really, how does the author of the original story know that light travels faster in this alternate dimension ? Has he been able to somehow access this dimension and make measurements ?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Achiro

mhmm...an interdimentional craft powered by "magnetics"......where have i heard of somthing like this before...

"Mfktz - a new dimension in the value of gold", an article written Stephen Robbins, PhD.www.gold-eagle.com...

this article states the creation process, properties, and the Pre-discoveries which have given us Mfktz, and in the end it states that the DoD (an Extremely interested "investor" with DoD connections and later found out to be a retired DoD higher-up) told him ether he sells the patent, or he would never be aloud to finish his experiments.

Idk if i would want to goto that NASA meeting.....

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Infadel]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
my god do you people live in a closet? the government has been using a drive that uses those same properties mentioned for decades? I thought everyone was clued in on this board for the most part?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Professor Jochem Hauser??? this is a subject i have been thinking about for some time. it may involve all mediums of science, art, magic and spiritual construction. im looking for theories that support my invention of the "hyperscope". so if you can please send me links on this info. type in "hyperscope" in ATS to find my blog.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Achiro

Real-Life Hyperspace Drive?

The theoretical engine works by creating an intense magnetic field that, according to ideas first developed by the late scientist Burkhard Heim in the 1950s, would produce a gravitational field and result in thrust for a spacecraft."

how original.

wonder where they got THAT idea....

-

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3vilscript
Or we could build a Stargate and get Richard Dean Anderson as a sidekick.lol By the way is it weird that I sometimes dream I'm the leader of SG-1 and Carter's uniform is a thong??

there are words to describe such dreams
lol

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Achiro

I know this thread is a bit old, but here's a new scientist article that sheds some light on the "5 year" thing... nevermind, they apparently don't have the article online anymore
. Anyway, they were actually saying 5 years to build something to test the underlying theory, not a working "drive." For what it's worth I hope they do write a new section of physics that unites quantum mechanics and general relativity and make deep space travel easy and affordable within my children's lifetime. I'm not holding my breath, especially the possibility of superluminal speeds, and even if something like this leads us to a theoretical "field drive" capable of high fractions of c, the papers below seem to indicate the effect, if real, would be very tiny and hard to produce in large amounts needed for propulsion:
www.esa.int...
arxiv.org...
I'm like Mulder when it comes to this theory, I want to believe, but I also want hard proof.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Is slipping into another dimension a good idea? Do we know what is there?

And also when slipping back into this dimension does it matter if the space you reappear is already occupied?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Someone should write a science fiction short story where a physicist discovers how to travel through parallel dimesions but ironically finds that their speed limit, the speed of light, is far slower than ours. For added irony he finds tiny beings who live there use our dimensions to travel between their tiny planets. To them, we're the speedy ones.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This story was covered by New Scientist several years ago, managed to make the front page if I remember correctly; to me it sounds unrealsonable, but I'm not scientist, I'll leave the boffins to figure that one out. Talking about 'slipping' into other dimensions where the speed if light 'might be higher' is pretty high grade speculation. Don't hold your breath on this one that's for sure. Enen if they do evelop something, don't expect the tech to be made public.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Burkhard Heim's work intrigues me. Here's another thread about his conception of travel through higher dimensions. Enjoy, folks.

Burkhard Heim - Alternative Thread

And here's a post from that thread.

Originally posted by The Quiet Earth
Hi Tytanius,

Yeah, I’ve recently been wondering about Heim’s conception of physics. I learned of his endeavours in 2006, but since then I haven’t happened across anything else about his work.

As you’ve implied, Heim’s mathematics is regarded as dense and complex. Perhaps his genius is difficult for other, less imaginative scientists to access, much less comprehend. Or, perhaps, his calculations and the conclusions he reached from them were inherently flawed and erroneous.

Interestingly, the link I’ve included suggests that a segment of Heim’s theory was able to accurately calculate the ground state masses of various elementary particles. Critics of Heim’s work, however, claimed that the test lacked rigour. Accordingly, Heim, or proponents of his work, could not substantiate any conclusions about his theories on the basis of this test.

The method of propulsion that he posits is certainly hard to imagine. As I understand it – and correct me if I’m wrong – any vehicle utilizing his mode of propulsion would remain, or at least appear to remain, in the same spatial coordinates but would simultaneously travel to its destination via a higher dimension. On completion of its journey through the higher dimension in which it travelled, the craft would concurrently disappear at the point of departure only to instantly reappear at new spatial coordinates, namely the point of arrival.

Very interesting fellow was our Burkhard. Although I'm not too sure if I'd use his engine myself. Does Event Horizon mean anything to you?

Thanks

Outline of Heim's work

The calculation

US Government's interest in the technology

[edit on 15/10/08 by The Quiet Earth]

Thanks

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
reply to post by jjkenobi

Someone should write a science fiction short story where a physicist discovers how to travel through parallel dimesions but ironically finds that their speed limit, the speed of light, is far slower than ours. For added irony he finds tiny beings who live there use our dimensions to travel between their tiny planets. To them, we're the speedy ones.

Pardon my necromancy, but that's not what "dimension" means. You're thinking of alternate realities/universes. Dimensions are, strictly speaking: length, height, and depth. Time is also considered a dimension, albeit a temporal one. What they mean by other dimensions are new directions to add to the three spacial dimensions I listed. According to string theory, there's something like 6 or 7 extra spacial dimensions in our universe that are so tightly wrapped together that we cannot currently perceive them in the lab.

Take a look at a Hypercube, the 4th dimensional equivalent of a cube. This is what physicists are talking about when referring to extra dimensions.

top topics

join