It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

social interactions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
which kind do you prefer?

face to face or phone to phone?

personally i prefer face to face because that way you can get a better feel of the person. you can read their body language, facial expressions etc..

on the phone you can really only go by tone of voice to feel em out. which sometimes is a good indication of the person you're dealing with, but imo, you still should actually interact with em face to face to read their vibes.

ok yall, your turn.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LordInfamous

If it's somebody doing a survey or telemarketing, I prefer phone to phone. It's easier to screw around with them that way.

People that matter? Definately face to face. Preferably in the same room so facial expressions and body language can be read. My boyfriend has a nasty habit of always trying to start a conversation after I have left the room though. I hate that!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I really don't like having conversations on the phone, usually. Face is to face is much better, but only if we aren't too close as that is uncomfortable for me. Honestly, I love being social, but unfortunately I am not very much.

You could also add, "online" to your options.

But there is nothing else like physical communication.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
i'd probably say the strongest connetions are made from physical conversation with the person, face to face

with that being said, the internet is also a wonderful tool to use for getting to know someone.

unlike the telephone questions can be asked and responces can be given with time to think...not only that but it is convinient for some people

i've gotten to know a lot of people i'm friends with now through long extensive conversations held via internet

phone...texting..that stuffs not for me. if you call me we're gonna get down to why you called me asap so i can hang that crap up

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I hate phone conversations.
They are sometimes necessary evils when I'm working but I try to keep them as brief as possible.
Private and personal calls tend to be mates and are limited to "what time are you in the pub" etc.

Texts are another pain.
I limit them to 2 lines at the most, unless they are jokes.
Textophiles really piss me off.

Give me human interaction anytime.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I have spent hours upon hours talking to my family and close friends. Now after so many and I mean many phone conversations that never want to end, when we get together in person we clam up, once I broke the ice by saying wow we should both just stick a phone in our ear and then there will be plenty to discuss.

I love to see the people that mean the most to me, I have to admit I too have the ability to tell alot about a person by body language and their eyes specifically.

Yet when it comes to acquaintances and or business people, I much more prefer telephone. I have an uncanny ability to communicate by phone. I can usually accomplish miracles on the phone and have even posed as others to work out details on things like past due bills and such.

new topics

top topics

join