It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Bracing for last stand!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Clinto Bracing for last stand!

www.nysun.com

With Senator Clinton racking up a string of recent defeats in the Democratic presidential contest, her campaign manager is departing and being replaced by an aide who served as Mrs. Clinton's chief of staff during her years as first lady in the White House.

The installation of the campaign's new chief, Margaret Williams, and the departure of the former head, Patti Solis Doyle, came as Mrs. Clinton's rival for the nomination, Senator Obama of Illinois, yesterday swept caucuses in the state of Maine. Mr. Obama won 59% of the delegates to the state convention that will select national delegates, while Mrs. Clinton had 41%, with 91% of the precincts reporting. On Saturday, Mr. Obama also prevailed by healthy margins at caucuses in Nebraska, Louisiana, Washington, and the Virgin Islands.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-2-2008 by realmatrix]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Clinton now appears to need to win in Wisconsin to stem they tide of Obama. Virginia, Maryland and D.C could spell more trouble for the Clinton camp.

www.nysun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-2-2008 by realmatrix]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Flagged and Starred!

You've just made my day. Thank you for finding and posting this.

Good news. Good news.

[edit on 2/11/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Always happy to make someones day just a little better....:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Ditto what Big Bert said. I'd much rather vote for Obama than Hillary. This is a surprise development, I thought for sure Hillary would get the nomination.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by realmatrix

Great news from my perspective as well. Starred.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Interesting. She loans her campaign $5M, gets it back in donations within a few days, and Then pulls the captain from the helm?

One would have to think she's expecting stormy seas ahead. (?) Me? I'm just curious if her new campaign manager will see the iceberg in time...

?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Perhaps...but I think big mo is turning into the massive "steamroller effect."

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by realmatrix

big mo? Obama?

Just curious...

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here is a related news article:www.mcclatchydc.com...

And clip:

Hours after the switch was announced, Clinton lost the Maine Democratic caucus to Obama in another staggering defeat. Television networks and the Associated Press declared Obama the winner by a significant margin with 70 per cent of the vote counted.

Clinton campaign officials didn't say whether Sunday's shift was connected to Clinton's resounding double-digit defeats to Obama in Saturday's Louisiana primary and Nebraska and Washington caucuses.

Saturday and Sunday's losses came after a week in which Clinton acknowledged that she quietly loaned her campaign - which had raised more than $100 million in 2007 - $5 million last month in order to keep pace with Obama's aggressive television advertising blitz in key states.

While some aides described the loan as a solution to a temporary cash flow problem, some Clinton supporters saw it as a sign of a campaign in distress. Obama's campaign raised $32 million in January while Clinton's raised $13 million. Clinton officials say they've raised another $10 million from 100,000 donors since the Feb. 6 Super Tuesday contests.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kerontehe

Thanks for the additional news link kerontehe.... always help add to informed discussion

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
There are some big states left before the primaries are over, so Clinton could still get enough delegates to win the nomination. It's premature to celebrate. I think she'll keep on until the end. It looks like Obama's on a roll, though.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Indeed there are more big states...however with the opening closing of pools in Virginia just minutes ago, it looks like Obama has secured a substantial victory....somewhat surprised by the margin in Virginia....

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hillary killed her campaign with these three bone headed decisions.

1. Crying when the rough got rocky - Nobody wants a cryin' president when things start getting tough.

2. Bill talking trash with racial undertones. He took over the campaign at one point, reminding everyone that there is a two term limit and another Clinton is more than we can stand.

3. Political dirty tricks - The American public is smarter than that. We can see all dirty backroom deals that Hillary is pulling out of her bag lately.

Looks like it will be Obama vs McCain. Both are Liberal candidates which is a shame for the Republicans. A thrid party protest vote is in order!

[edit on 13-2-2008 by eagledriver]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Texas is being billed as a firewall for Hilary, but now the American Research Group is reporting that Obama now leads in Texas
americanresearchgroup.com...

top topics

join