It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to seek execution for 9/11 detainees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

U.S. to seek execution for 9/11 detainees

www.iht.com

Military prosecutors have decided to seek the death penalty for six Guantánamo detainees who are to be charged with central roles in the Sept. 11 terror attacks, government officials who have been briefed on the charges said Sunday...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Good. I'm happy they found 6 more people to kill for this great deal of pain that was caused. They deserve it. Lets all hope they do execute them.

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
More like three scapegoats.
God that countrys administration pisses me off.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The kangaroo courts in Guantanamo lack any legitimacy and disrespect international legal and humanitarian standards. These prosecutions are a farce. In fact, they are little more than the mock trials held by kidnappers in Iraq before beheading their victims... This is a throw-up.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by ergoli]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Yeah, I agree. If they helped plan people's deaths, I'm all for snuffing them out.

Now, if we could only spend some time searching for the main guy...of course I'm sure Bush plans to, after all, "Nobody cares more about those deaths than [he does]". (I wanted to slap him when I heard this)

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I have no problem with trying them and executing them but.....

None of this secret court garbage, none of these closed door hearing. They should be tried under the laws of this nation and allowed to present a defence.

If we cannot live by our own laws we are no better than the terrorists and in effect they have won.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Agree 100%. There is also the issue of forced confessions, made under duress or torture with no chance to retract statements or explain how they were extracted. This looks like a last gasp administration effort to get the peoples attention on something other than more important issues. I am sure that if these people were truly guilty they'd have presented evidence and taken them to court a long time ago.

top topics

join