It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myprofile Posts Button Gone?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

We all appreciate the hard work you put into this site.

Thank you for fixing this problem.

We can wait

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
Edited to remove some of the more off topic statements.

Too bad you were censored.

I am always interested in what you have to say.

edition addition---------------------------------------------------

I agreed to let Zorgon run the Pegasus website while I headed up pegasusgroup in the Yahoo group. If you don't prefer the Pegasus website, there is that option...but what he really needs is a secretary.

This posts button issue is small potatoes compared to what's out there. They have self redacting software built into the pdfs! You can be reading along, then thats

[edit on 2/12/2008 by Matyas]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteWash

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Why would it have anything to do with John Lear?

I think he means the above. While it is a comment, it does not deny nor confirm absolutely that the removal of the posts feature was directly linked/due to the ongoing John Lear Incident of Monday, January 28, 2008.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by WhiteWash]

You can not say he omitted something when the something is not a thing at all but in the minds of those who insist that their is more then what you are willing to believe. The post that used the analogy saying there is an elephant in the living room makes only one point and that is the same point Skeptic has made. If you say you see an elephant in a living room and I walk in the living room and you are right, you are right BECAUSE THEIR REALLY IS AN ELEPHANT IN THE LIVING ROOM.

If Skeptic explained why there is no post button then the reason there is no post button is because of the same reason he just explained.

I mean you can sugar coat an accusation for lieing in as many way as you are able to articulate it without actually using the very word lie.

I just think if they offer a very reasonable, very plausible reason for it being gone, then the least you can do is give them the benefit of the doubt. If they wanted to deny you any information, they would just prune that thread or that data and say someone hacked the board rather then continue to say what it is unequivocally.

that just isn't good enough for some of you.

You say it would have been nice if he just gave you a direct answer implying his answer albeit still the kind that has some of you wondering, when he DOES give an answer, you don't like the way it was delivered. The person with the elephant analogies tries to inhibit any posts in the mods favor by pre-suggesting anyone who does, it is to "gain favor" or to be more specific, "suck up" to the mods. Ya know what is so ironic about that is the very MOD I was arguing about in the post that got me the warnings where I even argued about that, is the same one who gave me an applause on another thread for a post.

It was the first one (applause) I had ever got and the way I felt about this particular Mod, the last thing I would have ever believed is that HE / or SHE would applaud anything I ever said.

That's the last thing I would have thought and it was my own ideas that it was some Bias against me or the subject, the fact is he was doing his job the same whether it was to take a thousand points or applaud. It might be that this is another topic where we like to imagine there is an "issue" that has something to do with this Lear or the Government etc.

It just may be that the answer is just like it was given and

Skeptic is just doing his job. my agreement to that idea you can suggest is to gain points but I expect that from people who were just told why I am in agreement and it has nothing to do with brownie points .

It just may be that I agree with him because the reason he gave

IS TRUE!

- Con
(by the way skeptic, you look marvelous today)

[edit on 12-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
They have self redacting software built into the pdfs! You can be reading along, then thats

1) What PDFs?

2) There's no such thing.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

1) What PDFs?

2) There's no such thing.

Oh yes there is! Maybe not in the pdf proper, but in the delivery. It is the latest for redacting, all information in question is filtered out through a bot. Almost whole pages blank, sentences cut off, you name it.

You'll come across it as it gains popularity with gov. agencies and corporations. We are entering an era of secrecy.

edit for !@#$ quotes again

[edit on 2/12/2008 by Matyas]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

interestedalways has every right to ask questions and take this thread off topic since the original thread about this topic was closed, other threads that were started on this topic were closed and then DELETED, comments are being edited and censored and when questions do actually get acknowledged they are then linked to the closed thread where no more questions can be asked.
So to further avoid derailing threads, I ask you SO for permission to have a thread on the ATS board that will not be censored, edited, closed or deleted so that ATS members can ask their questions and post their comments on the issues at hand.
I am not even a Lear fan, I actually could care less but I am a fan of denying ignorance and that is absolutely not what is happening around here lately.
I have copied and emailed this post to senior members for authenticity in case I am edited.
Thank you!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
all information in question is filtered out through a bot. Almost whole pages blank, sentences cut off, you name it.

Are you saying that you're seeing this on ATS?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
So to further avoid derailing threads, I ask you SO for permission to have a thread on the ATS board that will not be censored, edited, closed or deleted so that ATS members can ask their questions and post their comments on the issues at hand.

Please don't assume I have the time to read every post or stay current on every item that might be causing drama... it's just not possible. So... how does this relate to the posts button or any other subject? (confused)

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Whatever the reasons are or aren't I just really hope it is worked out quickly.

I feel like I am driving a car with half it's spark plugs missing.

It really limits my ability to manuever and gain information to make good posts.

For instance I was going to post on the thread about applause and foes and I saw that wolfofwar, everyone's foe, had posted and I wanted to look and see if he had already posted on the thread without backtracking through all the pages.

Also I like to see what my many fellow members have been posting and what they have found of interest.

Not that anyone cares but I wouldn't stay on this site for long without that feature, it is actually my favorite feature.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

i agree w/you "interestedalways" this feature is important and w/out it my investigative days are over. i like knowing as much about the poster as I do the threads.

the board's been screwy w/all the glitches and the air is definitely stale and the egos are stifling and oppressive.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
the board's been screwy w/all the glitches

Glitches? What glitches?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

If you look at the bottom of each post in a thread that is longer than a page: there will be a thread button. If you click it, you can see all the posts by that member in the thread your on.

Hope that helps.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

the board's been screwy w/all the glitches

Glitches? What glitches?

kicked off ats w/out logging off for one. this happens all too frequently. two attempts to start a thread i wished discussed among ats members never made it to the board. after second attempt, i was too frustrated to rehash the issue. new threads showing up on the "recent post" board w/zero views. viewed threads w/post in wide margins that i had to use the arrow key right to left. and my posts button.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Hey!!

So that's what that button does!

Thanks GAOTU789!

I'd give you a star but...er...um...well....

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This is the first I'm hearing about any of this...

kicked off ats w/out logging off for one.

The site cookies expire every 30 days. If you never log-off, you're "session" will expire at the 30-day point.

two attempts to start a thread i wished discussed among ats members never made it to the board.

What happened? Did you get any error? Did everything appear as normal except that the thread never showed up?

new threads showing up on the "recent post" board w/zero views.

New threads will have zero views if no one has seen them yet. Is this what you're seeing?

viewed threads w/post in wide margins that i had to use the arrow key right to left. and my posts button.

That sounds like it's more an issue with someone posting a longish link that forces the page to be wider than your screen.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Sir, do you have any news regarding the ATS blog?

Input would be appreciated.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

May I ask, what database software (and version) are you running? Perhaps I may be of help - this is something related to what I do at work.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
Sir, do you have any news regarding the ATS blog?

Updated posted here.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Ah, that is helpful, thank you for offering that up!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Are you saying that you're seeing this on ATS?

Not on ATS, but hey, before long it wouldn't surprise me...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join