It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myprofile Posts Button Gone?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I understand the desire to have a [posts] button but as it stands it "breaks" the board. I would much rather be able to read threads. We have been told SO is looking into the code to make it more friendly to a site as large as ATS so please be patient.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Whew! I am glad that it is being worked out. I noticed this a couple of days ago too, but figured it was a temporary glitch. Glad that you gave the direction on myats to still access it. Was someone intentionally over using the post buttons? Can you find out who and ban them?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I don't believe its being worked on!

Where is the BUTTON???

Its been 4 days now????

ITS A BUTTON!!!!!!!

How complicated can a button actually be?

Wow, I'm so disappointed in this site right now! GRRRR!!!!

[edit on 11-2-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

what do you mean it "breaks the board"? it's a wonderful tool. this "post" button allowed me to track down someone i believe made a threat posting under the name of Sunny Purdue.

it's a valuable tool for me or anyone who want to find out more.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I agree, SO agrees, we all agree, it's a valuable tool, we all want it back.

For the time being I recommend you use the Google search box at the top of every page. Just type in the members name and whatever text you are looking for.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
ITS THE MAN ITS THE MAN ITS THE MAN ITS THE MAN ITS THE MAN ITS THE MAN!!!!!!!

How many times do I have to say this!

4 days with no results!

How can something like this happen?

This is the biggest site of its kind in the world, we cannot have mishaps like this!

How are we supposed to believe SO and you kindlizard?

The man has stepped in and now has control over the entire site!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
Wow, I'm so disappointed in this site right now! GRRRR!!!!

It's been explained.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

Maybe yours isn't working because ATS hasn't received your membership dues... OH WAIT... thats right, ATS is FREE for EVERYONE...

There's not a conspiracy in everything, no matter what people may believe.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yes IVE READ THAT!!!!

Please explain why everyone and their mother are supposed to buy this story?

Why are you letting the government control your site SO????

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

PROVE IT!!!!!!!

Prove to me that its not!

Then I will believe!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The more appropriate question is, why are you being so irritating?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

The more appropriate question is, why are you being so irritating?

Ill stop,

I'm not the only one who believes this my friend!!

Yo must explain yourself to them as well.

I am not the only PO'ed person here!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

My God, would you people leave SO alone??!!! He's working on it. He ALWAYS takes care of things here, even if it takes him a while. Your concern with the posts button is secondary to the needs of the site as a whole. If SO said it's causing unwarranted strain on the server, why is that so hard to believe?

Worse things have happened. I can remember when the entire site crashed, for hours at a time. I don't think you have a clue how busy those guys are behind the scenes. Stop being so self absorbed and give SO a chance to do what he has to do. You making him come in here and deal with you is only costing him more grief and us more time in getting it fixed.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
*In Chris Crocker style*

Leave SO alone!

But seriously, I've had a feeling something like this was bound to happen -- that something being the data-mining of ATS. But I was a little off the mark (I thought the stars database would be targeted).

Questioning the stars

Guess it's easier to data-mine the member profiles.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Ill stop,
I am not the only PO'ed person here!

Hey,, guy,, ha ha I got to say,, I have been reading this thread and the day my "posts" button was taking away I had gotten a couple of warnings for other infractions (coincidence) regarding some posts.

I sent a pvt message to another friend I have here that they took my post button away as part of the "punishment" in addition to points taken off.

I am very happy the person who created this thread had the common sense to do so lol I resented ATS also for taking my posts button away and thought it as rather a strange way to tell me not to post. My Friend never told me they had there own missing also, so I figured it must just be me.

Regarding the rather reaching and vitriolic "whining" I see this this poster skeptic has addressed as "irritating.

I'm not the only one who believes this my friend!!

I can understand why people have made assumptions as I did also HOWEVER,, THIS IS A PRIVATELY OWNED FORUM.

Why sooo many people on this forum have to jump to the conclusion that the "Government" is doing something I find a disturbing presumption.
I sometimes wonder if many are not suffering from some methamphetamine induced schizophrenia. If I EVER get that way,, someone just shoot me. I would not want to have anyone see me saying such outrageous assertions to the extent made about ATS.

I have been to forums where there WAS a lot of hanky panky going on and who was behind it never really mattered to me. I had been asked to join a group who did nothing more then try to make another group look bad and many other weird things. That was JREF forum.

Not that this is a utopia,, I have seen some threads where I could suggest the mods were biased and have sent reprisals that weren't fair or whatever. No forum is perfect but as busy as this place is when you consider the variety of people and (I guess to some, variety of "beings") with all the different temperaments and interests, one can only IMAGINE what it must be like to maintain a modicum of civility and rendering to everyone, no matter how whacked one might seem to another, EVERYONE I have ever seen here is given a measure of respect.

You must explain yourself to them as well.

See this is where I have to give props to skeptic who by the way has hammered on me more then once about things he was RIGHT about if I am to be honest with myself. The bottom line is this when it comes to forums like this.

HE DOESN'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING for YOU and where you get the idea that fairness here as in life is some kind of entitlement, I have no idea.

I hope the post button comes back as well but when it comes down to this rights you have with people, places and things you are involved with them in,, you got basically two rights.

The right to stay or the right to leave.

That right to stay is predicated on the owners right refuse business to anyone he wants to whether you think the Government was behind it or it was a conspiracy "to get us" I have no idea and do my best to resist such ideas always considering that it isn't always a "them" situation.

Sometimes and maybe,, just maybe,

it is YOU.

- Con

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
I sent a pvt message to another friend I have here that they took my post button away as part of the "punishment" in addition to points taken off.

Is that friend me?
I remember you telling me that but I thought you meant they took your "reply to post" button away. As in, you could not reply to threads as if you were temporarily banned. That's why I gave you my email address because I thought you couldn't communicate on the board at all. My fault! I didn't understand what you meant.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Originally posted by Conspiriology

Is that friend me?
I remember you telling me that but I thought you meant they took your "reply to post" button away. As in, you could not reply to threads as if you were temporarily banned. That's why I gave you my email address because I thought you couldn't communicate on the board at all. My fault! I didn't understand what you meant.

HA HA HA HEY GIRL! Fancy meeting you here! Yes as a matter of fact it WAS you. (are you stalking me?) ha ha this is just one of the many reasons I am grateful for places like ATS. is the many opportunities to meet interesting, intelligent and all around wonderful people I can call friend.

One of those people, if you haven't already met, is AshleyD, she is smart, funny and I have read many of her posts where I am a better person for it. We share many interests, and,, it seems many friends here and respected foe's I guess.

The post thing is a bother not having it anymore but it sure isn't that big a deal unless I lose sight of the other great things ATS has that we take for granted. One of those things it has that far outweigh the negatives, are the people.

One in particular is a member named AshleyD

- Con

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Ever since pisces super thread seeders and their little sockpuppetts from Australia came on board attacking lear and substituting material , I knew something like this might happen..As an example the one called Doghead ( Profile him )posted over 700 posts in a little over a month..now I post pretty decent here since last June..and he did what I did in 1/6 the time since dec30.

..now..add more crew members from that site from australia.. doing the same..and fellow members we have a problem..

and what they are doing is trying to drum up business in their material as well as their 2 bit site...they are a production company dvds..conspiracy movies, viral programming..etc ..jfk inslaw conspiracy crap..its not new news. its not fresh Yes.. they are bringing its old garbage!..IMO..

and they are all over ATS like cockroaches
and the nature of ATS content will be changed or steered for their benefit..not ours..much less the truth..

Doghead is an investor and you can bet he and his crew know how to datamine..but his material is still garbage (IMO) which is why they are desperate (read alexa online website stats)..to do whatever they can for themselves not us..Perhaps this profile button as annoying as it is may be..and it really is..may work to ATS defense from these Piranha microsites like Pisces and their tactics..but it certainly slows us too..

I would rather cutoff off their Isp if anything until the dust settles..I certainly dont want ATS standards to collapse because of the likes of them (IMO)

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Sys_Config]

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Sys_Config]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sys_Config

Ooooh! 18.37 messages per day! That's insane!

Source

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sys_Config

Wow,, that is some interesting info you posted. I had managed a gaming forum for many many years that was very popular. We had a bunch of weird posts being made by people I didn't recognise and it got so bad I had to drastically change the way we accepted new members.

It would be nice to know who these members (agent provocateurs) are so I can just avoid them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join