It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using the mind as a weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
A couple of weeks ago, I had a disturbing dream that we, the entire globe, was being attacked by aliens. The feeling of helplessness was awesome, but worst was the sense that I could not protect my family. We are not allowed guns here in the U.K and I have never desired one until that dream.
The point of this thread is to get your opinion on the power of the collective mind, should we find ourselves under threat from alien attack.
We often hear about the power of the human mind and its psychic abilities, but I think if thousands or even millions of people were focused on the same subject at the same time, i.e destroying an alien force, then I would assume some success would be possible. I'm not talking about a few people 'wishing' they, the aliens would go away, I'm talking about the power of many minds coming together and focusing.
Well, it's just a theory, what do you all think.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
hard to say. i think it would be worth exploring, but it's hard for me to believe that some testing on this subject hasn't already been done by someone.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

But suppose we don't have the time to explore the possibilities. People world wide would be praying, and I think focusing the mind is in itself a form of prayer, only instead of thinking, please save us, we thought, destroy the enemy, well who knows what would happen, the problem I see is explaining 'how to' to a global population.

join